Home Precious Metals
Options

Is silver...

percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
Looks like silver is wagging that dog named gold these days. Nice move up percentage wise.
"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    A close over 36 will be nice.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to Peter Degraaf: "The supporting indicators are positive (green lines). A breakout at the blue arrow sets up a target at the green arrow."

"Silver in RFID chips (Radio Frequency Identification). Next generation RFID chips will feature a tiny antenna which will increase the range for scanning the chip from 5 meters to 15 meters. This silver will be in too small an amount to make it economically recoverable. The number of RFID chips will eventually be in the billions." ...David Morgan.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just bummed my local/cash guy has been sick, as I would have picked up a nice chunk the past 6 weeks.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver is expected to run to $38, then decline to the low $30's over the subsequent weeks.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver is expected to run to $38, then decline to the low $30's over the subsequent weeks. >>

Then I would recommend you buy when it drops to $31.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Silver is expected to run to $38, then decline to the low $30's over the subsequent weeks. >>

Then I would recommend you buy when it drops to $31. >>

But first sell at $38.

• Options
    NPD1078NPD1078 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I guess it's time for you to sell then...
    NPD1078

I have completed positive sales and purchses from the following members:
    jclovescoins, dpoole, dmarks, guysmiling, Ducky1100 , piecesofme, ericj96 ,Classof67, ModernCoin, MrOrganic, 53BKid, nychad10, GUINZO1975, derryb (3 times), PinkFloyd
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be interesting today

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver is expected to run to $38, then decline to the low $30's over the subsequent weeks.

Can I depend on that?image

I'd really rather "buy low" this next time.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Who's making it run is the question.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up ~30 circ. silver dollars this morning at a great local dealer. Lovin' that silver.

My crystal ball is broken; however, I recall that silver hit $50 in 1980 and again last summer, and now it's trading at $37. That's a thirty percent discount off its all-time high close, and actually if you adjust it for inflation, that 1980 close is something like $125-$150/ounce today. So I still think it's pretty cheap and has some legs to run.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    short term volatility in silver is a fact of life. This is what makes it a good (or bad) paper trading vehicle for the short term.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just keep stacking on the low points... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not selling until the CME tells everyone to get out of the pool. image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cautiously buying, but not
    as much !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Well, looks like I'm going to sit this run out for a bit. Just took the cash I was going to throw at silver the past 6 weeks (but didn't) and paid off the truck a year early instead.

The pirate in me is sad......just a little.image
    The cowboy in me is happy to see 3 nice steel horses in the stable free and clear though.image
  • Options
    Just took the cash I was going to throw at silver the past 6 weeks (but didn't) and paid off the truck a year early instead.

Good move, in my opinion!image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Just took the cash I was going to throw at silver the past 6 weeks (but didn't) and paid off the truck a year early instead.

Good move, in my opinion!image >>

Me too, thanks!

Was flip flopping on it since January honestly.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    paying off debt is always a smart move.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    I agree with the paying off of the truck... Good move
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Then I would recommend you buy when it drops to $31. >>

But first sell at $38. >>

If Israel drops a bomb on you know who than I can expect $38. Heck, make that $58 by weeks end!

Besides the CME, what's to drop it back to $31? Checking my crystal ball, that hasn't happen outside of CME margins.

The real question at the top of my head is when to convert silver to gold as the ratio keeps dropping. And does Kitco double charge for that?

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The real question at the top of my head is when to convert silver to gold as the ratio keeps dropping >>

I am trying to figure out the same for a portion of my silver holdings
  • Options
    Silver will treat you right. I'd keep it for now. (opinion only).

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The real question at the top of my head is when to convert silver to gold as the ratio keeps dropping >>

I am trying to figure out the same for a portion of my silver holdings >>

Yeah but if gold's too high right now....... since silver is outperforming gold, if it's converting to silver, gold will drop or rise little and then it will work. I'm looking at 48 to 52 ag 1700 to 1825 au 35:1

But I'm also reading about a major correction, perhaps $120 silver because there's less of it, there's more money going into it than gold and the industry cost would be slightly affected since it's used so sparingly thanks to the Hunt brothers. And it really needs to catch up to gold.

And gold could be maxed out, reason for the conversion but will eventually exceed last year's record

But this Iranian Pres. if he doesn't have the balls and comes to his senses........he showed his vulnerability when we let the cat out of the bag about their new nuclear plant. His expression was, "what? oh chit!" This will bring prices down on everything and we all kind of want that. Who's jumping for joy over $5.25 gas?

Does my sense of reality exceed the average Joe's grasp on life or what?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

<< <i>paying off debt is always a smart move. >>

I agree. Being debt free is, well, it's own reward.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>paying off debt is always a smart move. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2012 may turn out to be a repeat of 2011. So far, with almost the same approx. time frames. If so, unload before June and be ready to dive in later.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some top stuff, topstuff image

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

<< <i>image

image >>

They don't look like what I would expect for melt. If they're damaged is some way, ie; scratches, gouges, dings, lacklusters etc., they're likely non collectables. Am I right?

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Up 30% so far this year.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    Let's hope the panic to cover shorts continues into Wed. trading.

• Options

<< <i>According to Peter Degraaf: "The supporting indicators are positive (green lines). A breakout at the blue arrow sets up a target at the green arrow."

"Silver in RFID chips (Radio Frequency Identification). Next generation RFID chips will feature a tiny antenna which will increase the range for scanning the chip from 5 meters to 15 meters. This silver will be in too small an amount to make it economically recoverable. The number of RFID chips will eventually be in the billions." ...David Morgan. >>

Thanks Derryb, I appreciate this post! He adds to the info base and to the charting techniques used.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's hope the panic to cover shorts continues into Wed. trading. >>

Looked like a panic to get the hell out of dodge.

In the chart above, silver now below the 50wma. Lets see where she closes on Friday.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

In the chart above, silver now below the 50wma. Lets see where she closes on Friday. >>

The down volume today in slv/gld was large. Very large. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

In the chart above, silver now below the 50wma. Lets see where she closes on Friday. >>

The down volume today in slv/gld was large. Very large. MJ >>

Makes for a good wash out!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Makes for a good wash out! >>

Could you enlighten those of us who are not that knowledgeable like myself what this means?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Makes for a good wash out! >>

Could you enlighten those of us who are not that knowledgeable like myself what this means? >>

If you were refering to "washout" It is a clearing away of the nearby stops and in this case the intermediate stops that paper traders put in place. AKA, Cleaning out the weak hands. I'm sure others could explain it better. This may help, a little long but worth itow_theory"> Trading Principles
  • Options
    Looked like end of the month profit taking to me. I'm presuming the uptrend will continue again 3-1.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that link didn't work and it wouldn't let me edit it, I'll try it one more timeow_theory">Trading principles
  • Options
    If that was profit taking I sure feel sorry for the guys willing to bail at 34.20 after buying over the past few days.

Nah, I get your meaning, but that was sure... some kind of profit taking!

I give up on the link above.
  • Options
    launch mode? Going back in for more.

• Options
    Nice little recovery from the beat-down.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, what a scare that was !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Some additional buying would be good to get us back over the 72 hour ema on the hourly chart, its just comming shy at its 2nd attempt(Silver May2012)