Home Precious Metals
Options

$17.50 in gun show newp's

Went to a gun show and ran across 4 coin tables. Picked up $10 face of walkers for $200, $7.50 in US gold for $600 and 14 generic rounds for $35.50 each! Quite happy on the coin front. I love gun shows, you can get the 4 G's in 1 stop

Gold
Guns
Gear
Grub

Comments

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Did you find any deals on guns? You don't have to answer that.

I noticed around here used unpapered sell for about the price as new papered guns. How about where you are at?

As for PM's, I haven't been as lucky as you. most I have seen want 25%+ above spot but they will buy for 10%- image
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Wow....you did very well.

5G's..... How was the GJerky? image
    Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean by papered, if you mean filling out a 4473, or lack of filling out a 4473 I don't know. I don't track that, but I know of more than 1 fool who would buy guns, mark them up by 250% and sell them with a sign that said " "No ID, No Paperwork!" He is currently serving the better part of a 10 year package the BATF gave to him in Brownsville. Down here I see far to many MS_13 marked gang members buying guns in Spanish, multiple guns (AR's and AK's) along with their hommies and disappearing into the parking lot. I saw a newer HK-416 and HK-417 AR rifes and some cool class 3 stuff.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure what you mean by papered, if you mean filling out a 4473, or lack of filling out a 4473 I don't know. I don't track that, but I know of more than 1 fool who would buy guns, mark them up by 250% and sell them with a sign that said " "No ID, No Paperwork!" He is currently serving the better part of a 10 year package the BATF gave to him in Brownsville. Down here I see far to many MS_13 marked gang members buying guns in Spanish, multiple guns (AR's and AK's) along with their hommies and disappearing into the parking lot. I saw a newer HK-416 and HK-417 AR rifes and some cool class 3 stuff. >>

Yup, registered gun dealers vs. gun collectors upgrading his collection. Though we have a huge agriculture economy, I have never seen any "hommies" at any of the shows. All the shows up here require you to show your driver’s license to buy a gun if buying from a “collector” or filling out the 4473.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    The Indian gold is one of my favorite designs, but I don't buy them raw -- except from an established local dealer -- because there are a lot of good fakes floating out there.

edited to add link to PCGS article on fake $2.50 Indians.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TN, I love gun shows for the same reasons. In Seattle they had one a month - a big one too.... in fact the second largest in the nation. Out here (NYS) there is one a year.... and that is not as big as the one out west. Coins and guns do mix well though. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    great purchases but I would be leary of raw gold....
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Nice buy. I love those little 2.5 indians. I keep thinking I should put a circulated set of those together.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look's like you made some really
    good buys !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins---especially the 1896-S $5 which is a scarcer date.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>great purchases but I would be leary of raw gold.... >>

It's a terrible choice of venue to try and sell fakes wouldn't you think ? image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coins, more coins, camo, ammo and anything that goes blammo. i like image oh yeah and more coins image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>great purchases but I would be leary of raw gold.... >>

It's a terrible choice of venue to try and sell fakes wouldn't you think ? image >>

I've seen fake gold coins in the cases of smaller local dealers that I know to be totally honest. Sometimes even honest dealers get fooled.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Did they have big shiny guns right next to them Perry ? lol my wee joke was on the venue , not so much the fakes.