Home Precious Metals
Options

Counterfit Gold, China and the Federal Reserve

The post regarding the fake silver dollars brought up an interesting conversation I had with a fellow a few days ago. He told me that a few years ago the US made a payment to China in gold bars from Fort Knox. China, being who they are, drilled a few and found a bunch to be tungsten bars coated in gold. My Google Fu tells me that there were a lot of these made during the Clinton Admin and there are still quite a few in Fort Knox.

Just amazing.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These gold bars? >>

Another debunked internet hoax .... besides a simple ultrasonic scan will give it away.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The post regarding the fake silver dollars brought up an interesting conversation I had with a fellow a few days ago. He told me that a few years ago the US made a payment to China in gold bars from Fort Knox. China, being who they are, drilled a few and found a bunch to be tungsten bars coated in gold. My Google Fu tells me that there were a lot of these made during the Clinton Admin and there are still quite a few in Fort Knox.

Just amazing. >>

I hope you aren't gullible enough to believe this.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I read the link and understand it i think .. i kept waiting for the hoax bit being uncovered ...uumm.. i don't see how it can be clssified as a hoax if these bars really do exist. Why are there gold plated bars in FT Knox as the article claims ?
  • Options

<< <i>Why are there gold plated bars in FT Knox as the article claims ? >>

Total rubbish ... no truth to it
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why are there gold plated bars in FT Knox as the article claims ? >>

Total rubbish ... no truth to it >>

Id like to think that's true , but on one hand there's an informative report saying there is and the other an opinion there's not. When was the last time an audit was actually done ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The post regarding the fake silver dollars brought up an interesting conversation I had with a fellow a few days ago. He told me that a few years ago the US made a payment to China in gold bars from Fort Knox. China, being who they are, drilled a few and found a bunch to be tungsten bars coated in gold. My Google Fu tells me that there were a lot of these made during the Clinton Admin and there are still quite a few in Fort Knox.

Just amazing. >>

I hope you aren't gullible enough to believe this. >>

Hard to tell what to believe these days. Hard to believe no one is in jail for the blatent theft at MF Global and on Wall Street. Anything is possible these days. We tend to believe what we want to believe. I quit wanting to believe that the stewards of our money are trustworthy. My dollars are in PMs. While our money stewards can temporarily control their price, they cannot control their value.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe it's true but look at Fast and Furious and countless other events that have gone unchallenged and swept away. Nothing seems to be too far fetched these days.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a name for the phenomenon whereby some person prints the most absurd "fact" they can dream up that day, let's use "ELVIS"S JUMPSUIT FOUND ON MARS!" as an example, and a certain percentage of the general population believes it because they saw the words in print, so it must be true?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Even suspecting it could be true says a lot about the kind of people in high places in this country.
  • Options
    Cap, how about the word conspiracy?
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While anything is possible, most of this seems to be coming from the tin-foil hat corner of our universe.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    On the other hand, things that seemed to be tin foiled years ago suddenly doesn't seem to be so tin-foiled. image

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cap, how about the word coinspiracy? >>

Weg---fixed it for you.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>On the other hand, things that seemed to be tin foiled years ago suddenly doesn't seem to be so tin-foiled. image >>

Yeah, like Area 51 and the Aliens that crashed in their UFO image
    You need to refresh my memory of an event that was tin foiled less than 20 years ago, but turned out to be true.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>On the other hand, things that seemed to be tin foiled years ago suddenly doesn't seem to be so tin-foiled. image >>

Yeah, like Area 51 and the Aliens that crashed in their UFO image
    You need to refresh my memory of an event that was tin foiled less than 20 years ago, but turned out to be true. >>

Those that questioned "We must attack Iraq, they have weapons of mass destruction" were originally looked upon as conspiracy theorists.

A conspiracy theory (made by those in tin foil hats) explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public. Anyone that believes Oswald did not act alone, by definition, wears a tin foil hat. It's really a matter of how thick the tin foil is - we all to some degree question, and should question, what we are told is the truth.

How about:
    - White House conspiracy against Valerie Plame/Joe Wilson
    - Watergate
    - The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    - Operation Northwoods (In order to support an attack of Cuba, plans were drawn up to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership. They were kept secret for nearly 40 years.)
    - Iran Contra affair
    - The BCCI Scandal
    - Gulf of Tonkin event (that never happened but was used to escalate Vietnam involvement).

These are ture conspiracies and anyone that questioned them was considered to be a nut case. Are there nuts out there? Sure there are. But to question the "truth" does not automatically make one a nut. The more we learn that the conspirators are actually at work, the easier it becomes to believe in their capabilities.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, that's scary !!!
    Timbuk3