Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2011-12 Panini Prime Cuts 15 Box Case break!!! Everything scanned in... Updated 5/20/2012

I have opened a few of these over the past 6 months, and have done very well. I paid $1500 for them when they came out. Opened them and sold through them all. I only have the base cards left.

So with Linsanity going on, figured I would order a couple of these. Got one from Atlanta Sportscards. Came yesterday. Now I thought about sitting on this for a bit, but I felt something great coming from it. So open the case I have.

4 Boxes per case, 9-10 cards per box. Price $3,000. Need some hits!

Box 1: All cards #D to 99 or less...

Sidney Wicks Base 32/99

Wes Unseld Base 61/99

Roy Hibbert 3 Color Jersey 23/25 $30 Card

Lebron James Jersey #D 6/99 His Jersy #! $30 Card, but with his Jersey # being the serial number should be $100 plus

Evan Turner Colossal Patch 87/99 $10 Card

Avery Bradley Triple Patch NBA Gear 18/99 $10 Card

George Gervin 70's Auto 23/25 $25 Card

Kevin Martin Auto Jersey 9/99 $15 Card

Blake Griffin Clippers Patch Auto 12/25! $200 Card/more if graded, BGS 9.5 up for $500

Jeremy Lin(SANITY) Auto #D 55/99 $1700 to $2300 Card not graded, I will be getting this graded!!!!!!!!! image

Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Miconlinacy- Good luck
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    ^ Lol.

Good luck get that 1/1 logoman auto!
  • Options
    Now, do I keep opening the other 3 boxes. They are selling for $700 each.

Jeremy Lin- $2,000
    Blake Griffin-$200
    3 Boxes of NT-$2,100

Paid-$3,000

Sell out at $4,300 or.......... Keep going for more!!!! hmmmmm....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bird in hand!!! WTG!!!!!!!!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nice pulls.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭
    Sell Out and make the cash while you can IMO

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked EBAY and there are two of the 1-25 version at $16,300 and $18,433. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in cards.

Throw that baby up in a three day auction and hit the SELLLLLLLLLLLL button!!!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Unless your going to pay for overnight service or something, I will slap that Lin on the Bay. Stupid prices being paid for stuff.

Oh and nice pulls!
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just checked EBAY and there are two of the 1-25 version at $16,300 and $18,433. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in cards.

Throw that baby up in a three day auction and hit the SELLLLLLLLLLLL button!!! >>

this isn't the same as those 2. This one doesn't have the patch. That being said, what are the odds that there is another Lin or Griffin in the remaining 3 boxes? Does anyone know the collation patterns of this product? If there is a chance you could still pull a major hit then I'd open them because you've already made up for the price of the case almost. But that's just me and I'm a gambla'. image
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just checked EBAY and there are two of the 1-25 version at $16,300 and $18,433. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen in cards. Throw that baby up in a three day auction and hit the SELLLLLLLLLLLL button!!! >>

I totally agree sell now while he is hot!!! What is nice is you have All-Star weekend coming up and the hype will continue even more.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Nice gamble, Mike!! Selfishly, I want you to sell it, so I can watch the auction.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless your going to pay for overnight service or something, I will slap that Lin on the Bay. Stupid prices being paid for stuff.

Oh and nice pulls! >>

I'm with Matt on this - either pay for overnight or get it listed ASAP.

+1 for a Samuel L. Jackson.... ummm, I mean Sidney Wicks sighting. I loves me some old Blazers.
  • Options
    great hits... I would also get that Lin on ebay asap or pay for the fastest grading service Beckett or PSA offers!
  • Options
    Yes I agree this isn't the Bryce Harper orange Auto from last year which I had landed the second one. This hype isn't over IMO, that being said I need to really look closely at the card to see whether it's worth grading. If it can land a 9.5, it's now a 4-5K card all day long....

Also these boxes are full. This is my 5th case I have opened, and usually you'll get an average of 9 cards per box. Box #1 had 10, Box #2 had 11???

That being said box #2....

Walter Berry Base 3/5 $15 Card

Karl Malone Base 62/99

Larry Bird 80's 21/25 $15 Card

Another George Gervin Auto 15/25 $15 Card

Xavier McDaniel Jersey # Patch 3/49

John Stockton Jersey 65/99

Jodie Meeks Timeline Last name Jersey 12/99

James Anderson Dual 4 Break 4 Color Patch NBA Gear 35/49 $10 Card

Mark Price Letter Auto 3 Color Jersey Letter T 8/25 $100 Card

Timeline Signatures Materials Custom Names Redemption #17 Derek Fisher $50 Card

Xavier Henry RC Patch Auto 64/99 $150 Card

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    You are a brave man to be cracking this stuff at the inflated price but hats off to you as you free up some cards to be bought by others (and I'm sure others feel the same). Just keep in mind the Hibbert and Price are patch cards and not jersey cards so you get the full price you deserve. As for Lin, I'd sell fast because he's going to get more cards out there.
  • Options
    Sell that Lin as fast as you can.

That Stockton card is sweet.
  • Options
    Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I concur with the others. Sell that Lin card now at peak value. He will never be hotter than he is at this moment.
  • Options
    I called it Miconlinacy.

Congrats! My advice is sell the LIN fast, sell the boxes just as fast.

You did great.

I have busted plenty of Exquisite and Treasures a few years back and I will admit lower tier rookies(at the time of production) sometimes come in multiples in a case.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Box 3, and I'm ripping through the rest. I am at about $3,000 in selling out with the first 2 boxes, so it's worth the gamble to keep going. That being said here is Box #3... 11 Cards

Richard Hamilton Base 89/99

Sam Jones Base 2/99

Blake Griffin Base 3/10, $100 card or so.

Andrew Bynum Jersey 17/99 Again very cool his Jersey # is 17! $50 Plus

James Harden Auto Jersey 26/49 $20 Card

Lebron James Jersey 33/99 $30 Card

Vince Carter Auto Jersey 16/25 $75 Card

Damion James Rookie Signature Materials Silver $200 Card

Tyreke Evans Dual 2 Color Jersey NBA Gear33/50 $10 Card

Chris Anderson "Bird Man" Notable Nicknames Auto 61/99 $100 Card

John Wall RC NBA Gear 4 Color Triple Patch 44/49 $75 Card

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Sweet Wall card!
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Sell that Lin card last week, IMO. I don't see much more room at the top end of the market for Lin. As reality sets back in for the player, so will the prices for his cards.
  • Options
    keep cracking
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Rick the good ones will be on there way to you Tuesday.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Great Luck so far!

just an fyi, Griffin wears #32
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sell Out and make the cash while you can IMO

IMF >>

Plus 1, get rid of the Lin card while you can. His next record might be for turnovers and NY is more likely to miss the playoffs entirely than win a game in them.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Lin had an amazing game.... and the finish today on the PGA tour was impressive. Nice lazy sports watching day.

Here is box #4

Shawn Kemp Base 69/99

Richard Jefferson Base 79/99

Carlos Boozer Timeline Bulls Jersey 14/99

Gary Payton 90's 10/25 $10 Card

Michael Beasley Jersey 25/25 $10 Card

Lebron James Timeline Last Name Jersey 98/99 $20 Card

Monta Ellis Auto Jersey 56/99 $30 Card

Eric Bledsoe NBA Gear Triple Jersey 68/99 $10 Card

Robert Parrish "Chief" Notable Nicknames Auto 47/99 Not sure maybe $75?

Kobe Bryant All NBA Signatures /99 $200 Card

Julius Erving & George Ervin Dual 1980's Auto ONLY 4/5 Maybe $300 to $500??? Sweet Card...

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago, this case would have been mediocre.

Right now, this case was dynamite!
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    well. seems you had quite the fun rip day. You may be the new Rip Master

You and Fergie are gonna have to hook up for a contest......

Is that a challenge?????????
  • Options
    I have 2 more coming. I have now broken 5 cases of these. Never did I lose money. I have pulled 2 Wall Auto's, 6 Bryant Auto's, the Lin, and a bunch of stuff. The higher end products usually don't let ya down.

Depending on prices of cases over the next few days, I plan to rip through those as well. TBC....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they will have any of these cases at the Charlotte show?
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if they will have any of these cases at the Charlotte show? >>

That could be interesting..... National Treasures IMO is worth buying cases of them when they first come out. Back this past summer they were $1400/$1500.

Every year there is a hot Rookie that comes out in the NBA. John Wall, Jeremy Lin, Blake Griffin, Derrek Rose, etc. Exquisite is the other product that you can always do well with.

It happens every year.

Who was in 2008 Kevin Durant...

There is always someone, then all the Lebrons, Kobe's, Jordans, etc, etc....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice case but you had to hit the hottest card in the product to potentially make a profit. At $3000 those cases seem a little pricey but with the way Lin is currently playing who knows. If you hit the Lin 1/1 logo patch or a patch auto # to 25 in your new cases you will make a killing. The modern high end product is not really my thing but I can definitely see the lure and excitement of ripping this kind of product. Seeing how boxes 2, 3 & 4 went it seems like you need to do case rips in order to maximize your chance of a big hit. It is definitely a lot of fun seeing your results. Good luck with the next couple of cases!

You have definitely taken over the Rip Master title.
    Cheers,

Robb
  • Options
    Nice Mike, good luck cracking...

I wasn't around to see Jordan play but how would you guys compare him to Lin?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Lin isn't even on the same planet as Jordan. Neither is LeBron. There is Jordan, and then there is everyone else.
  • Options
    Michael Jordan

Just watch a few Youtube clips and you will see Michael at his finest.

The notion that Lin can be mentioned in the same subject in terms of greatness is stunning. Like Jeff said Jordan was the man. Lebron is not even close and I still think Kobe is a distant second best.

I think it is very exciting to see this Lin put together an awesome streak of games and is just what the NBA needs this year when so many are turned off by the lockout. I hope he keeps it up but let's be realistic it takes years of dominance in the NBA to be considered great.

• Options

<< <i>Michael Jordan

Just watch a few Youtube clips and you will see Michael at his finest.

The notion that Lin can be mentioned in the same subject in terms of greatness is stunning. Like Jeff said Jordan was the man. Lebron is not even close and I still think Kobe is a distant second best.

I think it is very exciting to see this Lin put together an awesome streak of games and is just what the NBA needs this year when so many are turned off by the lockout. I hope he keeps it up but let's be realistic it takes years of dominance in the NBA to be considered great. >>

I would take Dirk and Bird over Lebron and Kobe any day, but never above Jordan.
  • Options
    Another Jordan clip for good measure

Second and third place can be debated with tons of reasons why different stars should fill those spots but Jordan is and was the KING.

• Options

<< <i>Another Jordan clip for good measure

Second and third place can be debated with tons of reasons why different stars should fill those spots but Jordan is and was the KING. >>

He made it rain!
  • Options
    I love this one...

LINK
  • Options
    Jmhockey,

I love the last line, how about six rings from now!

• Options

<< <i>Maybe you're just making excuses... image >>

There's Michael, Magic, and Bird, then there's everyone else.

I love watching the gifted athletes play basketball today, but when you grew up watching the Magic Lakers, Larry's Celtics, and Jordan's Bulls, you know that the players today are just missing something that those three had. I'd even throw in guys like Isiah Thomas and Dr. J over the Lebron and Kobes of the world.
  • Options
    First up I will share the first case of Topps Five Star Football... Looking for some big hits, Cam Newton being one of them. Lot's of Auto's, Patches, Jersey's, Booklet's, etc.

All Auto's are on Card no stickers!!! image

$1400 Case, 3 Boxes per case, 8-9 Cards per box on Average.

3 Base cards per Box #D to /129

Shane Vereen Jumbo White Patch /79/86 & Andy Dalton Jersey 32/40

Next up Base Auto's... Austin Pettis 45/199, Jamie Harper 31/199, Arian Foster 150/190, Jon Baldwin 115/165

Mike Leshoure 3 Color Patch Auto 3/55
    Ryan Mallett 4 Color Patch Auto 1/65
    Peyton Hillis Base Auto 113/150

A.J. Green 2 Color Patch 36/40
    Antonio Gates Patch Auto 28/40
    Kendall Hunter Patch Auto 6/25

Kyle Rudolph Booklet 4 Piece Patch Auto 33/35!

Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson Dual Auto #D ONLY 5/10

And the Newton has arrived!!! image
    Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert Dual Auto #D ONLY 20/20 Ebay 1/1 lol...

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Ryan Mallett 4 Color Patch Auto 1/65
    Peyton Hillis Base Auto 113/150

Awesome. Love my Arkansas Boys' autos. Thanks for sharing... looking forward to the oval office!! image
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the Newton has arrived!!! image
    Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert Dual Auto #D ONLY 20/20 Ebay 1/1 lol...

image >>

Bingo!!! image

Nice pull Mike. Good luck with that one!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... I have no idea what that stuff is worth. If you are happy then I'm happy for ya!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Okay I couldn't wait to rip into one box of the 2012 Oval Office Cut Signatures. I have already opened the other case of Topps Five Star, and let's just say it's sick!!!! I will post scans later of that and the boxes these Oval Office come in. Cigar like boxes inscribed /275. That's it only 275 made.

1 Box, 1 Cut Signature, $1400.... Little scary to say the least...

I first opened it, and was like what are you doing. I saw the Hilary Clinton, and then rolled it over to see Bill. WOW!!! This is an incredible card, I have a Bill Clinton 1/1 Cut Signature, but not both Clinton's. This I think certainly pays for the pack!!!! I am okay with this one...

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Mike ... I have no idea what that stuff is worth. If you are happy then I'm happy for ya! >>

You do know about Auto's though...

There is a Hilary Clinton Auto up on Ebay for 2K by itself, and a couple of Bill's for $1200 and $1400. Yes they are just asking prices.

$2,000 to $2,500 or so for the Dual 1/1, maybe more!
    Miconelegacy Auctions