Home Precious Metals

Ag $140 by the end of 2012?....dreaming, I think.

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
I believe silver will appreciate in the coming years but this is just mind boggling!!

$140Ag
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with at least $75 sometime during the year.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    people move in herds

Loves me some shiny!
  • If silver hits $140 gas will cost at least $10/gallon. ...Even though most everyone here would do very well (heck some here would be able to retire), I sure hope no one is praying for $140 silver as America would be an awful place to live.

I won't pretend to know where silver is going (other than up, down, up, down, sideways, up, and then down again image), but I bet we see prices clear $50 finally...
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "I'm sticking with at least $75 sometime during the year."

Yeah, $75 works for me.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    "With gold having passed $1700 (twice the 1980 high of $850) already, given the above analysis, it stands to reason that $100 (twice the 1980 high of $50) silver is virtually guaranteed."

does this made credible sense to anyone here????

not to mention that inflation would be going ballistic.

where do i line up to collect on this virtual guarantee??

if you turn his charts sideways and look in a mirror......................

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe even $75 is unrealistic.

The cartel still has the capacity to crash silver using paper. Should we approach $45 again they will strike again.

• << <i>I believe even $75 is unrealistic.

The cartel still has the capacity to crash silver using paper. Should we approach $45 again they will strike again. >>

$140 silver will take a currency meltdown or physical shortage and I seriously doubt either will happen this year so IMHO there is no chance silver will hit $140 this year.

As for the cartel I thought the CTFC was investigating the massive naked shorts in PM's. Did I miss an anouncement that the CTFC determined the cartel could continue naked shorting to infinity?

I do believe that before this bull run has peaked in PM's silver will hit $100. I also think that at some point in the future silver will hit $140 or more but this will be due to a physical shortage of silver not a currency collapse.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe even $75 is unrealistic.

The cartel still has the capacity to crash silver using paper. Should we approach $45 again they will strike again. >>

Their recent weapon of choice is margin requirement hikes via CME rule changes that usually appear right after a nice dip so they can twist the knife. Those who have been both stabbed and suffer additional pain from the twisting of the knife are hesitant to get back in and are removed from further demand. The day is coming when price manipulation will be heavily dilluted by stronger physical and weaker paper demand. Each time they shake the tree, less physical holders are hitting the ground. But yes, they remain a threat to the "real" price.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow day, but here is another far off predictionimage Throw away that crystal ball.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont see it, at 50 bucks it would be a massive sell off due to fear that a another major correction is coming quick.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Just a buying hole right now.
    COA
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should see $38-$42 this year but $50 is almost out of the question. It's just way too far a reach above the 200 dma right now with only 2 months to go in 2012.
    By the end of January the market will probably in correction mode. The current summer to fall rally will probably carry into December, but not much further. Moolman is
    a raving silver bull. There's no "cold" for him.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • never
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just dont see it, at 50 bucks it would be a massive sell off due to fear that a another major correction is coming quick. >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"I'm sticking with at least $75 sometime during the year."

Yeah, $75 works for me. >>

it works for me as well. $140 just dont cut it ( ya never know but just the same )
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way Josey...it appears doubtful that it will even hit $35 this year.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is what it is for 2012....2013 will bring surprises, however, I doubt $140.....0nly catastrophe of some nature could bring this....Cheers, RickO
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Kinda fun to look back on this.
    Some guesses way off...and they are nothing more than guesses, or hopes/dreams!
    Wishfull thinking for sure.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If silver hits $140 gas will cost at least $10/gallon. ...Even though most everyone here would do very well (heck some here would be able to retire), I sure hope no one is praying for $140 silver as America would be an awful place to live.
    >>

no evidence for this whatsoever...
    keceph `anah
  • 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not 2013 yet!
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a chance !!!
    Timbuk3
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    It's going to probably have to experience an extended floor of $40 before it crosses $50 with any momentum.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set