Options
1916-D Mercury Added Mint Mark?
Unfortunately it is a scan but I can't do nearly as good with my camera.
Opinions please

Opinions please

0
Comments
“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”
Todd - BHNC #242
bob
(Added Mint Mark)
I'm wondering if I should resubmit or not.
<< <i>FYI: It came back in a body bag
(Added Mint Mark)
I'm wondering if I should resubmit or not. >>
Why...???...you have your answer already...
<< <i>
<< <i>FYI: It came back in a body bag
(Added Mint Mark)
I'm wondering if I should resubmit or not. >>
Why...???...you have your answer already... >>
Exactly. If it gets BBd for added mintmark, its going to come back BBd every time you submit it. This isnt something like "questionable color" its morecut and dried than that.
<< <i>FYI: It came back in a body bag
(Added Mint Mark) >>
From PCGS or another TPG?
Franklin-Lover's Forum
Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
<< <i>The mint mark is not worn enough to go along with the rest of the coin. >>
That's what I was going to say, mintmark has way to much detail for such a worn coin, also there is an odd discoloration around the added mintmark.
RIP Mom- 1932-2012
Educate me.
I can't say this is an added mintmark for sure, but I do see the discoloration others are talking about. The discoloration is even evident in the larger photo. It starts at the top of the D (12:00) and goes around to the front of it (3:00)
"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen