Home Precious Metals

2012 metals prediction thread

My prediction for the end of 2012

After gold touching a low of $1250 or $1450, it will rebound next December to a high of $1675.

After silver touching a low of $21 or $19, it will rebound to a high of $28.

My prediction for 2013 will most likely be in the $2500-$45 range, but that could change. image

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    My prediction is that all metals, especially Silver, will continue to be...

HEAVILY MANIPULATED BY THE CME! Therefore giving you and me little chance to play on a level playing field.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • 2012 Outlook: Economic Slowdown Could Pinch Demand For Some Commodities
    (Kitco News) - The economic slowdown expected in China and a potential recession in Europe is expected to pinch commodities demand at least early in 2012. Just how much it will dent demand is up for debate. Some market watchers have lowered their price forecasts for the year across the board, and others said it might be better to be on the sidelines for the first half of 2012. Yet others said 2012 could be a year that rewards investors who are choosy in their commodity selections
  • QE3 = $2000+

No QE3 = trading range of $1200-$1500
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I predict that PM will go up and down. image I hate....... always being right. image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold will increase for the 12th straight year in 2012. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    By the end of 2012, gold will have reached $3500 and retreated back into the $2000s.

Silver will similarly hit $75 and retreat into the $40s.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    Predictions for 2012: Market Volatility, Social Instability, and Political Stupidity.

Oh, you were asking about metals... a price well above 2011's close - mostly for the reasons I just mentioned.
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold will be at $2,050

Silver will be at $27.50

Platinum will be at $1,910
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that gold will definitely surpass $2000/oz in 2012.....what will cause this is what worries me. Depending on the circumstances it could be a time to sell or it could be that the gold becomes currency to survive. We shall see... interesting times indeed. Cheers, RickO
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't subscribe to Ricko's intuition...

Gold...$1,775
    Silver $36.44
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    ETFs dump in mass.

Run up not until late 2013.

Silver: $25
    Gold: $1400

Loves me some shiny!
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I believe that gold will definitely surpass $2000/oz in 2012.....what will cause this is what worries me. Depending on the circumstances it could be a time to sell or it could be that the gold becomes currency to survive. We shall see... interesting times indeed. Cheers, RickO

I don't subscribe to Ricko's intuition...

I do. It's also a reminder to be careful what we wish for.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

• << <i>My prediction is that all metals, especially Silver, will continue to be...

HEAVILY MANIPULATED BY THE CME! Therefore giving you and me little chance to play on a level playing field. >>

That is the only sure thing for 2012. JPM and others will continue to manipulate the silver price. The manipulation will continue for a little while longer beyond 2012 IMO.
    DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year I predicted :
    Gold $1300
    Silver $20

I'll use these as the target for next year.

It's an election year and who knows what fear-mongering will be pushed out as the election grows closer. If Europe has any gold left, they may sell it. The Goldline lawsuit will keep their demand down and their marketing low. Nobody wants to catch a falling knife - which is what we are seeing now. I think buying now is a good idea, though, especially silver. Just don't think about selling for five years.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Hello,

Well I didn't prognosticate too well last year.

Gold $1172.13

Silver $18.13

I think commodities will sink while the economy of the world idles and Western Central Banks will dump some gold to make long term problems look better for a day or two.

I think China will move with other Asian countries to trade without use of the U.S. Dollar. Their initial successes will rapidly erode faith in the U.S. Dollar. If the dollar sinks too much, my dollar denominated prices will have to move upwards.

Despite all of this the U.S. economy will slide sideways not getting too slow or too fast. Housing will begin to creep up as apartments are built and construction on multifamily housing helps.

The smoke and mirrors of the Congress' attempts to create balanced Federal budgets will be an embarrassing circus during an election year.

I will start to pray the elected leaders learn to compromise.

I still call my accumulation my collection!
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paper presses will be running full steam in 2012. Gold and Silver will continue as a store of wealth.
    Gold $1900
    Silver $45
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold- 1390
    Silver 21.45
    Dow 13,200

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in 2012, I think gold will again run towards $2000, fail in the mid $1900's, and end the year at about $1750

Silver will run up toward $50, fail again, and end the year at around $28

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    End of 2012...

Gold at $1375
    Silver at $23.75

Slow but steady downward slide. Fundamentals will still be there but the psychology will not.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I no longer believe we will "muddle through".

I predict gold will peak at $3,000,000 in a currency collapse as the last of the wealth is stripped from the economy.

There will be an astonishingly high gold to silver ratio.

Trust will probably not be restored so look for a series of currency collapses like a banana republic.
    Tempus fugit.
  • WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Middle East turmoil and a resulting rise in gold and silver.

Gold = $1950
    Silver = $35.75

... but who really knows.

More importantly, over the 10 year time frame, I continue to like both.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • I'll go with

Gold $2,000.
    Silver $ 55.00

by the end of 2012
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we will see new all time highs in both metals this year, but no clue as to how they end the year.
    And I think the lows we saw in December will remain as the lows.

Volatility is going to be even higher than 2011 which will make trending even that much harder.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2012 year end gold: $2275
    silver: $47.50

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Wow...almost all of our crystal balls, including mine, need to be tossed into the garbage can. Are there any die heart bulls still predicting $75 silver or $3,000 gold?
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    This is good for me to hear. I do understand now that its not possible to make solid predictions with so many variables.
    So, what does one do? I look at the historical (histerical) charts.

We are still a bit high, on a 'very unusually high activity year or so'.
    (Expect to stay "unpredictable" moreso than predictable and stable. I can only "hope" it stays stablized and creeps up slowly. I don't know! Those that bought early in the climb are safer then those in recent times. You did well. Nice luck. Newbies are risking investment. Be careful.)

Possibility of lower is real - caution in your planning.
    (Extreme dropping seems to have been stalled. -Known flat time for metals. Some still want more buy dips. No one knows.)

Inverse to dollar theory.
    (Economy semi ok, irratic, dept high, likely to go higher. However at sometime it may get fixed and pms drop. Other factors affecting dollar strenght pop-up. Betting against the dollar. WTF)

Silver decouple potential
    (Unknown. Still has its own pattern differences, but mostly follows the general PM trend. Could make some money on in-outs if savy. Otherwise switch some bulk at highs, to gold on dips. Bulk is an issue.)

Market Manipulation (highly likely)
    (Generally not a good for the pawns. Don't be a pawn. But we are pawns. Don't be a pawn-get comcast.)

Relative Expertise
    (If you made out well on something, you're an expert on that one thing. For all else, we are estimating variables.)

What I've learned after 4 months/$30k
    -Don't wear tight pants, and keep your seatbelt on. The ride is not over. If you have it, shut your mouth.
    COA
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow...almost all of our crystal balls, including mine, need to be tossed into the garbage can. Are there any die heart bulls still predicting $75 silver or $3,000 gold? >>

my year end prediction still stands....for now. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Less than 30 days to go.....and my long range forecast might end up right on or close.

Gold...$1,775
    Silver $36.44

OPA & Baley - not bad. Pretty good, in fact.image

I knew it would happen.
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Ok for me if it stays in the 'same general range', as I'll end up with a kinetic PM gain over my average buy cost.
    And since a good portion of the funding came from the big Dow upswing early in the year, it is a double bonus.

Would be a nice end of my freshmen year into PMs. I can only hope I stay this fortunate in future years.

(At least it will soften the blow of the gain check I have to write to "my government", whom I wish to thank so much for dbl-tax stealing from me and squandering it.)

COA
    It's always interesting how quick things change. The second half of the op's prediction are almost right on the nose...disregard the low part. edmundfitz....you get to keep your crystal ball, but you need to clean it. The rest of us....wellimage
    I predict that the end of 2012 will be less than optimal for the dollar.

I knew it would happen.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll go with

Gold $2,000.
    Silver $ 55.00

by the end of 2012 >>

1 more day after today
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Gold $1200 Silver $16 at end of 2013. The Bernak Magic Money Machine where do wonders.

Reposted on the 2013 Prediction thread.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id love to see $16 silver again. ( and maybe the gold as well sliding back some )
    Congratulations....edmundfitz. Hit the gold prediction right on the head and the silver one almost. What's your call for 2013.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... My prediction did not materialize, but then again, I am not an expert. However, I will proceed undaunted with a prediction for 2013.... Gold will hit $2000/oz and retreat slightly. Silver will hit the mid forties and hover there. (With my record, do not bank on this prediction, but it is fun, and one of these years I may be right....image ) Cheers, RickO