Home Precious Metals

What up Silver?!? What's got you down, bro? Wanna talk about it?

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
you seem sad today, what's bothering ya, man?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. I just haven't been feeling like my old self lately.

imageimageimageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Starting to feel better already. I thank you for your concern.image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying opportunity for us little guys.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little sad. image

Could have dropped lower. Looks like I'll only get one monster box of ASEs for my four boxes of five sets that cost me $6K. Is that a fair trade off?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Little sad. image

Could have dropped lower. Looks like I'll only get one monster box of ASEs for my four boxes of five sets that cost me $6K. Is that a fair trade off? >>

I'd say that's a pretty good ounce per ounce trade!

I'm not quite going to back the truck up, did that the last time it dipped to $30. Have been getting some powder ready though just in case.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Everyone........ thanks for sharing (Group hug)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

• << <i>Little sad. image

Could have dropped lower. Looks like I'll only get one monster box of ASEs for my four boxes of five sets that cost me $6K. Is that a fair trade off? >>

Trading 100 oz for 500 oz......not bad at all.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have extra $$$ to buy extra silver image. got laid off again to image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab it while you can.... it will be going back up... Cheers, RickO
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discussed this in the trading thread a week ago. It was right up against the downward sloping 50dma. It touch the line 6 times in 7 sessions. There just were not enough buyers to push it thru and down she went.

Will have to watch over coming weeks as the 150dma crosses below the 200dma and then all 3 major averages are downward sloping.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I discussed this in the trading thread a week ago. It was right up against the downward sloping 50dma. It touch the line 6 times in 7 sessions. There just were not enough buyers to push it thru and down she went.

Will have to watch over coming weeks as the 150dma crosses below the 200dma and then all 3 major averages are downward sloping. >>

Please translate to stacker terms, we only know three trading words - buy, sell and hold.image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Derry.
    buy

okay, okay - I'll talk about it. This is the kind of market that I like for government bullion premium issues, like the 25th Anniversary Sets, or the ATBs. That is to say, I like them at the Mint's issue prices, whatever that may be.

The collector interest - whether imaginary or real - for these issues provides "cover" if the silver market keeps falling or stays weak. At the same time, it still allows for some accumulation, steady as she goes.

My longterm stash is strictly generic bullion, but my accumulation targets are all of the currently-available Gov't collector bullion at 35% over melt or so. Most of the time, I eventually sell them out a few years later at some nice profits, even if I don't bother to sell at the speculative top.

I'm just sayin'.

I knew it would happen.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver, baby, since you had that high fever back in April, and that bad cold in September, you been looking kinda weak

you stuck in a rut, silver?

• << <i>I discussed this in the trading thread a week ago. It was right up against the downward sloping 50dma. It touch the line 6 times in 7 sessions. There just were not enough buyers to push it thru and down she went.

Will have to watch over coming weeks as the 150dma crosses below the 200dma and then all 3 major averages are downward sloping. >>

Is there a particular support level your looking at over the next few days/weeks?
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com

• << <i>Silver, baby, since you had that high fever back in April, and that bad cold in September, you been looking kinda weak

you stuck in a rut, silver? >>

The price of Silver is going to plummet once the government balances the budget and eliminates the debt!!!imageimageimageimage
    Let us define what we mean by "stuck", and by a "rut".

It appears (to me, at least) that for the past 5 years, silver has been stuck in a rut much, much less than it was stuck in a rut the prior 5 years. Yes? No?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Expect I'll be feeling a lot lower when the boys on the hill finally cut the budget by a few trillion.

Like that will ever happen.

• << <i>Expect I'll be feeling a lot lower when the boys on the hill finally cut the budget by a few trillion.

Like that will ever happen. >>

Agreed. Im guessing this is just going to be adding to the fodder for the next round of elections. That way they can continue to blame the other side...
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I discussed this in the trading thread a week ago. It was right up against the downward sloping 50dma. It touch the line 6 times in 7 sessions. There just were not enough buyers to push it thru and down she went.

Is there a particular support level your looking at over the next few days/weeks? >>

Silver is too volatile to speculate on a support number in the next few days/weeks. Maybe the Sept lows? Greatest support is in the 15-20 range.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloomy sad !!!
    Timbuk3
  • i dont have extra $$$ to buy extra silver . got laid off again to

That sucks brother, keep your chin up, things will come around!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying if it ever gets to $25. Right now have more than enough.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, your chance at $25 silver is coming up!

Silver gonna be Red in 2011?

Silver gonna be Red in 2011?

It does look like it. Come'on Baley, tell us what your really think!image

I knew it would happen.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, your chance at $25 silver is coming up!

Silver gonna be Red in 2011? >>

All the metals are hurting.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • FUN show in a matter of days now... Come on baby, show me $22 silver please imageimageimage!