Home Precious Metals
Options

Protecting PM's with iron*****Update*****

13»

Comments

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"I got a dayum from my exTexas instructor" >>

That's great, but Dude, ain't no such thing as an exTexas ...... anything! That's like calling an inactive Marine an exMarine - you just don't do it. image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houston, is that a customized Bushmaster second from the rear?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    It's a custom upper in 6x45, built for me by Teppu Jutsu, on a DPMS lower with a RRA 2 stage match trigger. That was really built for doe culling and predator hunting and works a treat, although I don't use it when I'm hunting trophy size deer as I don't feel like it has enough horsepower. I've got other AR's in 5.7x28, .223 and .50 Beowulf, plus a couple of SU16's and a mini 14 in .223.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive JMC. Your Springfield recommendation was echoed by several others who pm'd me. I will certainly look at this handgun closely. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly know who to call when we're invaded by a foreign country's ground force .

The coin guysimage............the heck with 911.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I used it for EOD door breaching in Iraq and Afg. and fell in love with it, nice and handy. >>

The G4 network has a new show:

Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan

Follow EOD guys around and show (so far) non-deadly achievements.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Justacommeman,
    You obviously know more about PM's than I might ever, so it's cool to see you reach out to the board and gather info about something related that you don't have much knowledge about. I'm glad that we all got to read the replies to this thread. It's great that you went out and took the class and enjoyed it. Great ending. I hope for you and for all of us, that we will never have to draw or fire our weapons at people.

And for anyone that does not get the opportunity to practice too often.. Don't be overly swayed into doing any trigger jobs on your self-defense handgun. Lighter triggers are not going to make much difference in your accuracy in a home invasion situation. Your adrenalin will be in overdrive already. The factory trigger weight may save you from an accidental discharge.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've settled on a HD shotgun. I'll be making the store rounds after thanksgiving.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I've settled on a HD shotgun. I'll be making the store rounds after thanksgiving. >>

You might check pawn shops. I went to my local the other day he was wall to wall with gun inventory.

Hard times folks sell/pawn all things of value.image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a shotgun for home defence. Here is my tacticool shotgun. I can make these for other board members if you supply the duct tape.image

• Options

I have a pistol in the house, but I wonder about some of you. Oh. my handgun? An 1851 .36 caliber Navy Coltimage
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like a shotgun for home defence. Here is my tacticool shotgun. I can make these for other board members if you supply the duct tape.image

image >>

image Duck tape suthern engineering must have!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>I like a shotgun for home defence. Here is my tacticool shotgun. I can make these for other board members if you supply the duct tape.image

image >>

Thanks for thatimage

I bought my first gun after living through the LA riots.
    I'd rather have a gun and never need it than need a gun and not have one.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

image >>

I can't stop laughing! That's funny!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just comman
    Go out and get a Benelli m4 and be done. Sometimes they are a little scarce but All the parts are available on gunbroker and one of lads around here can assemble it for you.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go out and get a Benelli m4 and be done. >>

image The Benelli M4 is a fantastic shotgun.

• Options
    $1500 for an M4?? Wow you guys have a lot more money to burn then I do! I'll take my $150 generic pump 12 gauge shorty.....hard to justify $1500 for a shotgun to sit by the nightstand! But cool looking none the less
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    I carry the 380 for the most part due to the small size; however, I feel safer when carrying the Glock 40.

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flash surprises them and shrinks pupils....then the BOOM.

• Options
    Arrgh, that be a fine pistole ye 'ave, me matey! Do ye 'ave the matching cutlass?
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been happy with my sig 226. It's strictly for home protection.
    I bought a decent trigger lock for it because of the kids and keep it stashed within easy reach.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smith and Wesson Model 629 .44 magnum, Beretta 92FS 9mm, and Bersa and Beretta .22 cal.

6 (+1 speedloader of 6), 15 (x2), 10 (x3), and 7 shots respectively.
    Lots of different ammo choices including regular jacketed, hollowpoint, hydrashock, subsonic, fragmenting, etc.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    A 40 cal. Ruger P94 with Hogue grips. A great gun to shoot. (As are many of the others on this tread.) Copper, silver and gold to keep the post on topic.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

image >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't the duct tape a little hard on the finish of the gun image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A 40 cal. Ruger P94 with Hogue grips. A great gun to shoot. (As are many of the others on this tread.) Copper, silver and gold to keep the post on topic.

image >>

Urgh, this is the gun and grip setup that got stolen out of my car a long time ago. Window smash, a piddly little cd case gone as that was the break bait, trunk open, this pistol with 2 full clips of Black Rhino casualty.

Hap a P90 .45 before that, loved the 94 though to shoot.
  • Options
    Urgh, this is the gun and grip setup that got stolen out of my car a long time ago. Window smash, a piddly little cd case gone as that was the break bait, trunk open, this pistol with 2 full clips of Black Rhino casualty.

Oh, that was your car........ had I known I wouldn't have sold it to Mesquiteimage

Black Rhino? They actually made that ammunition? I remember their whole 20/20 armor piercing controlled expansion garbage until people figured out that the bullet was actually a ball, Winchester round that was lathed, filled with #12 shot and capped off with a polymer. Never heard much after that, I bet a box of ammo goes for big bucks to collectors?

You sure you don't mean Black Talon?
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of 'Iron' that can be concealed, I read today that the stellar Ruger LC9 received the 2011 Handgun of the Year!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Urgh, this is the gun and grip setup that got stolen out of my car a long time ago. Window smash, a piddly little cd case gone as that was the break bait, trunk open, this pistol with 2 full clips of Black Rhino casualty.

Oh, that was your car........ had I known I wouldn't have sold it to Mesquiteimage

Black Rhino? They actually made that ammunition? I remember their whole 20/20 armor piercing controlled expansion garbage until people figured out that the bullet was actually a ball, Winchester round that was lathed, filled with #12 shot and capped off with a polymer. Never heard much after that, I bet a box of ammo goes for big bucks to collectors?

You sure you don't mean Black Talon? >>

Might have been talon, was the 'armor piercing' stuff that got banned in GA and I had a couple boxes that I used for defense clips/rounds. This was 15 years ago so rhino/talon/whatever it was.