Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL I sent my ASE 25th A sets to PCGS unopened for grading results page UPDATE GRADES IN!

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sent mine out today 11/10 2011, US Mint box unopened in a box. Tomorrow is a Postal Holiday so this will hit PCGS on Saturday or most likely Monday, then the clock begins. Will post my grades here will you?

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
1 1 20720613 509408 2011 $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
1 2 20720614 509408 2011 $1 Silver Eagle USA MS67
1 3 20720615 509408 2011 $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
1 4 20720616 509408 2011 $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
1 5 20720617 509408 2011 $1 Silver Eagle USA MS70
2 1 20720618 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS70
2 2 20720619 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
2 3 20720620 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
2 4 20720621 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
2 5 20720622 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
3 1 20720623 509409 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA MS70
3 2 20720624 509409 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA MS70
3 3 20720625 509409 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
3 4 20720626 509409 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
3 5 20720627 509409 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
4 1 20720628 509410 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA PR69DC
4 2 20720629 509410 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA PR69DC
4 3 20720630 509410 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA PR68DC
4 4 20720631 509410 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA PR69DC
4 5 20720632 509410 2011-W $1 Silver Eagle USA PR70DC
5 1 20720633 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR70
5 2 20720634 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR69
5 3 20720635 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR70
5 4 20720636 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR70
5 5 20720637 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR69
Total Items: 25
Date Received: 11/14/2011

Comments

• Options
    i sent mine today as well will post my results when they arrive
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Did you guy's spring for First Strike?
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    Sent mine today also. No first strike here.
    Gary
  • Options
    YUP...FS all the way baby yeah....
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Mine arrived at PCGS today. 5 sets, unopened mint box.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I believe that if I had all of my coins submitted before the
    30 day cutoff, it there is one, and did not get the first strike label on any of the coins, I could, at a later date,
    send in the coin(s) that graded 70 and have the first strike label placed on the coin since there will
    be a record of when the coins were originally received at PCGS and thus qualify for the first strike label.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a deadline for submitting these for First Strike designation? Or does it just go by the ship date?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you guys doing the boxing?
    Where did you get a box to ship and what kind of shipping charges?

The inquiring minds would appreciate hearing how you have done it image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    They should let these coins fall 10 feet from the press directly into a bin made of rusty steel...that would add a little drama to the situation and ensure that there would be actual condition rarity pieces in the mintage.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need an "Official I slapped a new mailing label on my box of ASE sets and shipped it to a dealer for cash because I don't collect moderns but do enjoy profit" thread
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>How are you guys doing the boxing?

The inquiring minds would appreciate hearing how you have done it image >>

I work for a school district, there are always boxes image

shipped yesterday, around $41+ shipped, used a box, maybe a few inches bigger on all sides, packing peanuts on top, bottom and sides, hopefully i sliders i hear are still in the mint capsules. Hopefully I can ship my 2nd set of five on Sat.

i figure the boxes of 5 are better off graded and the singels I got will sell on ebay, I think with the crappy shipping from the mints shippers on these, selling 5 sets might be risky.
  • Options

<< <i>Mine arrived at PCGS today. 5 sets, unopened mint box.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I believe that if I had all of my coins submitted before the
    30 day cutoff, it there is one, and did not get the first strike label on any of the coins, I could, at a later date,
    send in the coin(s) that graded 70 and have the first strike label placed on the coin since there will
    be a record of when the coins were originally received at PCGS and thus qualify for the first strike label. >>

Bump, am also curious about this.
  • Options
    I packed them with a SERVE PRO box I had laying around that was 2 inches bigger on 4 sides and 3 inches bigger on two sides. So I put the us mint box as it came to me in the new box with packing peanuts. Well sealed, shaken down. Sent off insured no problems......

Kimber I do not no the answer to that...
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

be a record of when the coins were originally received at PCGS and thus qualify for the first strike label. >>

Bump, am also curious about this. >>

I believe you can do that... send them in w/o FS now... get back the 70s and send those back in and have them reholdered w/ the FS labels ($10 reholder + $18 FS labels). Of course, you would have to ensure that PCGS returns your original order to you and you can get those 70s back in the mail to them w/in the 30 day FS deadline which may or may not happen.

• Options
    man these horror stories of coin out of the capsules is going to make be worried for a month now image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call PCGS and ask. I do not believe they do it that way.
    You either submit and get FS within the timeframe, or keep sealed if it qualifies.

They would be the ones who would know, and the policy could change....but I don't think you can retro it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I believe that if I had all of my coins submitted before the

Call PCGS and ask. I do not believe they do it that way.
    You either submit and get FS within the timeframe, or keep sealed if it qualifies.

They would be the ones who would know, and the policy could change....but I don't think you can retro it. >>

Just got off the phone with customer service, FS label must be part of the original submission. Coins that are FS eligible but slabbed with regular labels will forever remain that way.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone think there will be a premium over the OGP for any graded coins other than 70? I recall with the 2008/2007 reverse eagles that the premium was minimal if anything for anything but the MS70 graded coins. Just wondering..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone think there will be a premium over the OGP for any graded coins other than 70? I recall with the 2008/2007 reverse eagles that the premium was minimal if anything for anything but the MS70 graded coins. Just wondering.. >>

I think any MS69 or PR69 coin from these sets that you see will sell for more than their uncertified counterparts... first, you'll have the 25th anniv. set labels on them which 3/5 of the raw coins can't get. Also, if the market really did price the raw uncertified coins higher, owners of the MS69/PR69 coins would just crack them out, put them back in the capsules and sell them as uncertified image
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I found a box that fit the 5 set box perfect on both sides but was way too tall so I just slit the four corners lower on the outside box and trimmed the flaps. Once it is taped up you can't tell it was ever a modified box.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, $800 for the FS label plus the modern service fee, correct?
    What is the total declared value? $1,001 - $5,000 or $5,001 - $15,000?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

What I did when I sent out a judas box of 10 of the 06 silver eagles was take a sheet of cardboard I had and made my own box to fit . I

scored it in the proper locations .

It did not need any fillers when I was done. Took me about 10 minutes.
  • Options

<< <i>I found a box that fit the 5 set box perfect on both sides but was way too tall so I just slit the four corners lower on the outside box and trimmed the flaps. Once it is taped up you can't tell it was ever a modified box. >>

That is a lot more ideal than one that is too short. I was in that boat. I had to find a similar sized box and trim it down and use it as a top, kind of like a full case of copy paper that you buy at the local office supplies store (how the case has a top that you remove once you cut the straps). After that, I have to bust out the paper packing tape. I have to stop (post-traumatic packing tape symdrome). image
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>Is there a deadline for submitting these for First Strike designation? Or does it just go by the ship date? >>

It goes by the ship date of the first day the Mint started shipping. According the Product Spotlight on the Home Page, the First Strike cutoff date is December 7, 2011

At the top of the Home Page, there is a section titled, "PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT".

The first one listed is:

PCGS Certifies Silver Eagle 25th Anniversary Coins

IMPORTANT UPDATE: November 10, 2011, click here. <<<<< CLICK THIS LINK

PCGS will recognize all five coins as 25th Anniversary coins if they are submitted in their original, unopened mint packaging. Since the "S" mint and Reverse Proof have only been made for the 25th Anniversary set, they can be sent in from an opened mint package and still receive the 25th Anniversary designation; however, the other coins in the set cannot. In order to have all five coins designated as 25th Anniversary they must be submitted in their unopened mint packaging.

All five of the coins are eligible for recognition as First Strike. Standard First Strike rules apply; see our submission form to select this option.

For submission instructions and coin numbers, click here
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>we need an "Official I slapped a new mailing label on my box of ASE sets and shipped it to a dealer for cash because I don't collect moderns but do enjoy profit" thread >>

image damn right!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found a box that fit the 5 set box perfect on both sides but was way too tall so I just slit the four corners lower on the outside box and trimmed the flaps. Once it is taped up you can't tell it was ever a modified box. >>

Yup...did the same thing...purchased them at Office Depot.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the total declared value? $1,001 - $5,000 or $5,001 - $15,000? >>

I was wondering the same thing?
  • Options
    Anyone have an opinion on the value of the special 25th Anniversary inserts being offered for bulk submissions? I think if one is going to go the First Strike route, this is another option for a bit more $$$. Special insert without First Strike is $40 per coin. Regular insert with First Strike is $32 per coin.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My set of three arrived at our hosts on friday 11:15 am Thanks to priority mail from illinois on wensday at 5 pm 41 bucks with 900 ins, sitting in a motel room in garden grove only 10 miles from pcgs wonder if they need any new part time help to sort out all those boxes on monday. Alittle over 500 bucks for grading the 3 sets all with first strike, Since playing the atb puck game with many on here I missed the grading boat last time and just sold boxes so looking forward to the results in 3 ok maybe 4 weeks. Will post results when I get them........Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>My set of three arrived at our hosts on friday 11:15 am Thanks to priority mail from illinois on wensday at 5 pm 41 bucks with 900 ins, sitting in a motel room in garden grove only 10 miles from pcgs wonder if they need any new part time help to sort out all those boxes on monday. Alittle over 500 bucks for grading the 3 sets all with first strike, Since playing the atb puck game with many on here I missed the grading boat last time and just sold boxes so looking forward to the results in 3 ok maybe 4 weeks. Will post results when I get them........Enjoy image >>

According to the PCGS website, you get a special 25th Anniversary Set label by just paying the $14 per coin modern fee to get them graded... what is more special about this $40/coin label????

• Options

Mine arrived today also.image
    Gary
  • Options

<< <i>How are you guys doing the boxing?

The inquiring minds would appreciate hearing how you have done it image >>

I found a "Tide" box in my garage that fit perfectly. As for shipping, I shipped from Ohio via Express, as it takes at least 7-8 days by registered. Total cost, with $1500 ins.=$115.00.image
    Gary
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My set of three arrived at our hosts on friday 11:15 am Thanks to priority mail from illinois on wensday at 5 pm 41 bucks with 900 ins, sitting in a motel room in garden grove only 10 miles from pcgs wonder if they need any new part time help to sort out all those boxes on monday. Alittle over 500 bucks for grading the 3 sets all with first strike, Since playing the atb puck game with many on here I missed the grading boat last time and just sold boxes so looking forward to the results in 3 ok maybe 4 weeks. Will post results when I get them........Enjoy image >>

According to the PCGS website, you get a special 25th Anniversary Set label by just paying the $14 per coin modern fee to get them graded... what is more special about this $40/coin label???? >>

With the modern fee, you get the standard label with some additional text indicating it's from the 25th Anniversary set.

It appears the $40/coin label is specially designed for the set. I don't know what that means or what it looks like, but I assume it has a design that significantly differentiates it from the standard label.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'm just lazy. Put my label to PCGS over the Mint label to me and sent off.
    Did not repackage anything! Hope it gets there in one piece!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the PCGS website, you get a special 25th Anniversary Set label by just paying the $14 per coin modern fee to get them graded... what is more special about this $40/coin label???? >>

With the modern fee, you get the standard label with some additional text indicating it's from the 25th Anniversary set.

It appears the $40/coin label is specially designed for the set. I don't know what that means or what it looks like, but I assume it has a design that significantly differentiates it from the standard label. >>

There is a special special label that I understood was to be given to dealers only and it included the signature I think of one of the mint engravers, its in one of the mega threads and this from pcgs website states....These special inserts are only available if submitted by an authorized dealer through the Bulk Submissions program and are not available to Collectors Club Members. I just went with the 25 anniversary label and first strike. Enjoy image Also didn't think you were suppose to cover up the mints label, but who knows good luck..
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess I'm just lazy. Put my label to PCGS over the Mint label to me and sent off.

bobimage
    image >>

Why Stephanie Robinson/ James Sego?

I agree with your package/shipping logic.
    I'm hoping just to dump my 5 set box on the PCGS table at the BCC show next week!! image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why Stephanie Robinson/ James Sego? >>

I caught that also. c/o Stephanie Robinson/James Sego? Puzzled on that one. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agreed to order 5 sets with James, for his deal on the BST. I kept my word.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agreed to order 5 sets with James, for his deal on the BST. I kept my word.

bobimage >>

I hope James will get to grade themimage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Guess I'm just lazy. Put my label to PCGS over the Mint label to me and sent off.

bobimage
    image >>

Where did you put your form to PCGS?? Hope you didn't open it to put it inside.
  • Options

<< <i> Where did you put your form to PCGS?? Hope you didn't open it to put it inside. >>

Now THAT is a good question......

I wrapped my box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed all the edges with brown tape (for Registered Mail)....worked great.....and put the form on top of the original unopened box, small piece of tape to keep it in place.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Where did you put your form to PCGS?? Hope you didn't open it to put it inside. >>

Now THAT is a good question......

I wrapped my box in thick brown Kraft paper and sealed all the edges with brown tape (for Registered Mail)....worked great.....and put the form on top of the original unopened box, small piece of tape to keep it in place. >>

IIRC when I submitted my 20th Anniv. sets, I slit the tape just enough to slip the submission form into the box and taped it back up. I assume that one could simply fold the form such that it will slip into the box with no further tampering.
  • Options
    by the time you guys start getting grades the posts will be buried in this thread or you'll need to start another.
  • Options
    I will start another one !!!!!

• Options

<< <i>I will start another one !!!!! >>

How bout a thread if your UPS set delivery man was over 6 feet tall? maybe another thread if he carried the box label down.image
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with Amber in the "BULK" department at PCGS. They somehow sent my 5 sets(25coins) there. She did a great job of figuring it out and got them back to the right place. I figure that I lost at least one day of receiving grades due to this foulup!image
    Gary
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I just sent in 2 sets for grading. First strike and all that rot. Cost me about $35.00 for priority mail. My brother sent in two sets as well. Will post grades whenever they come in. Good luck to everyone!
    GMan
  • Options

<< <i>

bobimage
    image >>

Where did you put your form to PCGS?? Hope you didn't open it to put it inside. >>

I think Sego already arranged for that, which is why his name is on the addy label.
  • Options
    Received and in the house at PCGS today! I did the quarterly special so save 14 bucks on one coin. so the clock begins..... I sent Priority mail in (unopened with the invoice taped to the top) in another box insured for 1500.00 Sent Thursday November 10th.
  • Options
    First 5 sets are in the system, yay, 2nd 5 Sets on the way
  • Options
    At least the USPS will be in the black when this thing is over.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file