Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official Group BBCE 1975 Topps Baseball Rack Box Break #7

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main reason that we organized the break on the fly is that this box would NOT have lasted long otherwise. I know a couple collectors who were seriously considering purchasing it as we were discussing it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    So who is ripping and who is keeping it unopened?

I think I'll do one of each, depending on what the cards look like and/or who is on top.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    if anyone drops out--I am in.

Is there a 2nd box we can do? Seems like we got the numbers
  • Options
    Paid in full! Thanks again, Mark and Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Well since PSA doesn't slab rack packs, then you guys HAVE TO rip all of these!!

Plus I have a vendetta against pack wrappers. image
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    I am keeping mine unopened as I start my measly little unopened collection. I just need to figure out where to store it...
    Joel
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    That was fast, just logged in and it went up and gone.

Good move jumping on that box, it wouldn't have lasted long on his site.

I wouldn't have been in on it but hope to see a lot of Aaron, Brett, Ryan, and Yount's showing

Can't wait to see them.

Good luck to all of you who bought.

Joe
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I am paid as well. The packs will not be opened. Sorry gents.

I did add five 81 rack packs that most will be opened to satisfy the craving.

I want to thanks all those here that organized this and BBCE too.

I miss these official CU rips and like to get in on most cello/rack from the 70's with a special interest in 1975. I was fortunate to
    be online and do understand I can't be around for all of them. I think if you waited for this box it would of been gone. In fact,
    I'm sure of it!

aconte
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I paid
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>I agree...next time let's start this break at a decent hour when EVERYONE can have a chance. Would have considered one of these myself for sure. >>

A decent hour for those on the other side of the country could leave those in the West completely SOL.
  • Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    For something with that much demand, maybe it should be limited to 1 pack in the first 48 hours. That way up to 24 people could be included instead of 12.
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'm a potential buyer of these packs at $275 per pack for those who wish to make an easy flip & relinquish their spot. I don't want just one, however.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I paid

Dave
  • Options
    I paid
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So who is ripping and who is keeping it unopened? >>

Do I need to reply? image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Paid.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Do I need to reply? image >>

The word "rip" is never directed to you.

• Options
    Mike how many 75 Rack Packs do you have total?? If you don't mind sharing... If I guessed I would say around 100.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    [I'm a potential buyer of these packs at $275 per pack for those who wish to make an easy flip & relinquish their spot. I don't want just one, however.

Ron,

I believe Steve does have additional 75 racks on his site for $235 per.

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Paid. Thanks for organizing!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    paid!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    2 racks are paid for thanks...image
  • Options

<< <i>So who is ripping and who is keeping it unopened? >>

I am ripping.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>I am paid as well. The packs will not be opened. Sorry gents.

I did add five 81 rack packs that most will be opened to satisfy the craving.

I want to thanks all those here that organized this and BBCE too.

I miss these official CU rips and like to get in on most cello/rack from the 70's with a special interest in 1975. I was fortunate to
    be online and do understand I can't be around for all of them. I think if you waited for this box it would of been gone. In fact,
    I'm sure of it! >>

Hey Tony, I totally agree with you on those 70's cellos and racks especially the 75's, my all-time favorite.

There is no doubt this box would have been gone as I would have worked out a way to buy it. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike how many 75 Rack Packs do you have total?? If you don't mind sharing... If I guessed I would say around 100. >>

I like sharing information, just not 75 rack packs. image

I wish I had 100 (someday), but I do have 32 not counting the 2 new additions on the way.

BTW, I'd like to thank Mark for getting this thing started before someone swooped in and bought it. And I'm glad Mark has decided to join the ranks of the unopened collectors, well some of the time anyway.

Also, would like to thank Steve for selling us the box with the discount to boot. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike how many 75 Rack Packs do you have total?? If you don't mind sharing... If I guessed I would say around 100. >>

I like sharing information, just not 75 rack packs. image

I wish I had 100 (someday), but I do have 32 not counting the 2 new additions on the way.

BTW, I'd like to thank Mark for getting this thing started before someone swooped in and bought it. And I'm glad Mark has decided to join the ranks of the unopened collectors, well some of the time anyway.

Also, would like to thank Steve for selling us the box with the discount to boot. image >>

Mike - I agree with you and Grote that this box wouldn't have lasted very long on Steve's website. We sold it out in 11 minutes. In hindsight, I probably should have listed 1 rack/person for the first 24 hours.

Also, the only thing I am ripping is modern stuff when I get the itch.......or I can always turn to the 88 Score, 90 Donruss and 92 Fleer I have at home from back in the day. image

I still have 2 boxes of 83 Topps BB and 1 box of 84 Donruss BB at home that I bought for $8/box when they came out. Wow, wish I could still buy them for that price.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

<< <i>I still have 2 boxes of 83 Topps BB and 1 box of 84 Donruss BB at home that I bought for $8/box when they came out. Wow, wish I could still buy them for that price. >>

Me too Mark!!! Forgot to mention that I paid as well. Can't wait to see the scans when these babies start rolling in.

Collecting:
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    all paid
  • Options
    Good luck you guys, anyone who rips please post some scans! Nothing like some minty centered 75's.
  • Options
    Just a little something I just picked up to get us all in the mood. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    We Should all have our 75s in hand next week. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>We Should all have our 75s in hand next week. image >>

It is possible we may get lucky and get them tomorrow, but it most likely will be Monday.

Collecting:
  • Options
    Sometimes I wish I had your discipline on keeping these unopened. I have refrained from busting the 78 OPC. image

I typically have my cards shipped to my office, so a no go for me if they arrive tomorrow.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Steve is shipping these racks via UPS so no delivery tomorrow.

Edit to add: Sharp rack, Mike, with The Captain on top!

• Options

<< <i>Steve is shipping these racks via UPS so no delivery tomorrow. >>

Sad...but true. image

• Options

<< <i>Steve is shipping these racks via UPS so no delivery tomorrow.
    >>

This is great news, since mine go to my office as well. Now none of you guys will be posting your racks while I sit here for two more days.
  • Options
    Awesome rack Mike! You'll be at two complete boxes in no time!! I now have two racks, well they are on their way.

I do want to thank you Mike, Grote, Cincy, Macros, Scmavl, and many more of you. I have put together quite the unopened collection this year. It's kind of all over the place, but it's some really great stuff. Before this year I had some 82 Cello's, a 84 cello box and a few misc packs.

My collecting focus has really changed. I'm still busting modern, but I'm keeping all vintage unopened. Anything pre 1980.

Thanks everyone for your inspiration and devotion to the unopened collecting.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>My collecting focus has really changed. I'm still busting modern, but I'm keeping all vintage unopened. Anything pre 1980. >>

I pretty much started doing the same thing a couple of years ago with quite a bit of influence from Tim (grote15) as well as others on this board. I do still like to rip the occassional pre-80 pack though...75 minis are a particular weakness of mine.

• Options
    Mike,

Solid rack!

I was watching that one and was back and forth on it. Glad it went to a good home and saved me some money!image

edit to add - Many of you guys have a very nice unopened collection. I don't post too too much but do enjoy reading
    the posts and looking at the pickups. I wish I could afford to pick up stuff more often but have started to focus more
    to help me be able to get more 70's unopened.

aconte
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Did everyone get a response from steve after paying? I usually get a quick "Thanks, will send out." email after the payment gets sent through paypal, this time I did not. Anyone else like this?
    Joel
  • Options

<< <i>Did everyone get a response from steve after paying? I usually get a quick "Thanks, will send out." email after the payment gets sent through paypal, this time I did not. Anyone else like this? >>

I got the standard "will ship out to you" reply.

• Options

<< <i>

I got the standard "will ship out to you" reply. >>

Same here.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My collecting focus has really changed. I'm still busting modern, but I'm keeping all vintage unopened. Anything pre 1980. >>

I pretty much started doing the same thing a couple of years ago with quite a bit of influence from Tim (grote15) as well as others on this board. I do still like to rip the occassional pre-80 pack though...75 minis are a particular weakness of mine. >>

I think the 75 minis are a lot of guys weaknesses around here. I'm just glad I don't collect them as Tim would outbid me anyway. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>Did everyone get a response from steve after paying? I usually get a quick "Thanks, will send out." email after the payment gets sent through paypal, this time I did not. Anyone else like this? >>

Hey Joel,

I also got the normal response from Steve as well. It wouldn't hurt to verify that he got your payment though.

Collecting:
  • Options
    Thanks Tony. I probably shouldn't have bought it either, but I couldn't pass that one up.

Collecting:
  • Options
    It was a good buy Mike. The pack looks clean and with Munson on top.

You did good. Its an item that won't come up often.

• Options
    That is why I had to buy it Tony. Munson is one guy who I don't see much on top of these 75 racks. Plus there are no machine notches on any of the cards and the rack is in great shape. Too bad PSA doesn't grade these.

I'm actually looking for one with Ryan or Aaron on top. Those go for a pretty penny.

Collecting:
  • Options
    I'm actually looking for one with Ryan or Aaron on top.

Did someone say Ryan on top? image

• Options

<< <i>I'm actually looking for one with Ryan or Aaron on top.

Did someone say Ryan on top? image

image >>

Wow. That is beautiful.

• Options
    You taunt me. I spit in your general direction.

BTW, that is an awesome Ryan rack and it has an MVP card showing to boot. image

Collecting: