Home Precious Metals
Options

Poll - Who's is buying and who is sitting?

Simple question, who is buying at this level and why? For those sitting, same question, Why?

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCA all the way.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have bought some but am waiting to see which way the wind blows. I have enough already and really don't need any more but if the price

drops drastically I will go for more.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dumped $500 face of 90% silver at a coin show in order to buy a nice coin about a year ago when silver was around $36. How could I resist a nice discount like this? I'll be buying some of that back when the dust begins to clear.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dumped $500 face of 90% silver at a coin show in order to buy a nice coin about a year ago when silver was around $36. How could I resist a nice discount like this? I'll be buying some of that back when the dust begins to clear. >>

For the uneducated like myself ....at what point will that be?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gut tells me spots have stabilized in the 1600/28.75 area unless we see another margin requirement hike.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not buying yet (rather, any more) , chose option 4 because it is closest to accurate, built my PM position 1997-2003, would resume buying at gold 1400 and/or silver 24

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If I come across a nice deal, buying. If I come across a nice offer, selling image
    I am concerned, but the beat goes on.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed a buy today for a few Harley Davidson rounds. I offered over spot prices. He said he'd ride it out a while.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm keeping what I have and I may buy something if I like it.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    is that opportunity i hear??? image

i'm only opening the door for a little peek
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    I bought a little silver near this morning's low.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    << I dumped $500 face of 90% silver at a coin show in order to buy a nice coin about a year ago when silver was around $36. How could I resist a nice discount like this? I'll be buying some of that back when the dust begins to clear. >>

For the uneducated like myself ....at what point will that be?

For me, cash is King right now, and I'll use it judiciously starting NOW. (Actually - when the Mint reprices this week.) My own plan is to start picking off the stuff I've been saving for, one thing at a time - and not in any big rush.

The drop in prices is enough for me to start buying. I don't care about hitting the exact bottom - we're getting a good discount until further notice. I'm happy with that.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I bought a little silver near this morning's low

Of course you did image but you waited til now to say so. image Good luck with your amazing bottom buying and top selling skills bud.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The drop in prices is enough for me to start buying. I don't care about hitting the exact bottom - we're getting a good discount until further notice. I'm happy with that.image >>

Wise wisdom. Many bottoms/opportunities have been missed due to holding out for those last couple dollars. Silver tends to spike pretty hard off the "real" bottom, so waiting to jump in at $2 lower can easily cost you $4-5 above what the current "almost" bottom is.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Unless I'm interpreting the chart wrong, silver has had a swing of $4.00 today. Now, THAT's volitility.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Im with ya jmski! I am slowly buying as well!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    I am buying a little because I don't have much money to invest but I am glad I could get back into silver after selling it all between $35 and $45.

Gold is a no brainer, I keep adding it on a regular basis. I am actually thinking of getting a 1 ozer, a Buffalo at under $1700 seems like a good deal!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    I did my buts on Friday.

I am liking the range it is trading today. Hopefully this is the bottom (or at least a 5% range or so)

Will buy more as items catch my eye.
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im picking up some extra silver. lead to image
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hesitant to purchase any PM right now.
    Purchased a bunch of gold and silver
    about three weeks ago, and am currently
    taking a "beating."
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding.... not selling, not buying..... holding a lot, knowing it has not yet seen the best days. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I just backed up the truck. Was heavy on silver, now am very heavy on silver. Let it ride! All in!

FWIW I think it will do a stutter step up to $34ish, back down to $28ish then find strong support there and continue upward. I'm not going to risk missing a buying opportunity on this 40% drop from the all time high though.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, here we go again. Kind like a Yoyo.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I'm holding on real PM's, but I might start building some Call option positions. Calls are really cheap...... limited down side risk.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    Nibbled a little bit and waiting to nibble a little more. No rush here.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Adding to the stack.A few coins at a time.
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I'm buying: (SILVER)

8/24 5 rolls @ $922 each
    9/15 2 rolls @ $861 each
    9/23 2 rolls @ $708 each
    10/1 3 rolls @ $668 each

(getting to know people at B&M store by first name image

Think I'm set now for a long time . . LOOKING FOR SILVER TO BE AT $1,600 PER ROLL IN 2014!!! imageimageimage

BLESSINGS
  • Options
    I am ALWAYS buying but I am usually buying a little at a time because I am picky in terms of what silver art bars that I want to buy.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One small step at a time, I add to the stacks ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

<< <i>One small step at a time, I add to the stacks ... >>

Yup, me to.
  • Options
    I've been buying a few quarter-eagles. When I get them for near melt, they're priced close to what they were when gold was $1200.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week I bought an ounce for every point scored in the Wisconsin/Nebraska game last night. Who cares if it is up or down ? He who gets the least usually doesn't score a lot.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Last week I bought an ounce for every point scored in the Wisconsin/Nebraska game last night. Who cares if it is up or down ? He who gets the least usually doesn't score a lot. >>

Nebraska- welcome to the Big Tenimage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming week's employment report will determine direction for $US. This will determine PM price direction. If a bad jobs report - I'm converting dollars to PMs.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    I've been buying a decent bit locally - this weekend was very good for me. Got a couple rolls of '64 halves for 20x face (mostly unc) and just bought a 'collection' where I basically paid 18.5x face for the silver and the rest was free.

At 34x face people were killing each other to pay, now there arent many audible buyers around and the deals seem pretty decent!
  • Options
    I shot my wad prematurely.

I backed up the truck at $440 gold and $7 silver.
  • Options
    Sorry to here you haven't made any money since then and stopped buying.

Heck, I bought a "truckload" of silver at face in 1965 - 1967. But, that hasn't stop me from buying more or stop breathing. image

Besides, this is in regard to current events, not ancient history. Funny, all the others who replied seemed to be able to figure that out.