Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1970 Topps Baseball Wax Box RIP MegaThread

WARNING: If you are easily offended by the plundering of ancient antiquities, please do not view this thread.

This is another pretty decent Davis

Awww!

Tony Oliva was the man!

There was one other card in the pack but for the sake of human decencym I refuse to show it.

Nikklos

Comments

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Pics don't work Nikklos
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I need a new image hosting service.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Just use a 2nd email address and get another account...maybe under another name when you fill the information out. Unless they check your IP address?
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    It looks like PhotoBucket has been offended.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t looks like PhotoBucket has been offended.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Maybe it is a sign from God that I should keep these cards untouched, unseen and unenjoyed.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    Maybe it is a sign from God that I should keep these cards untouched, unseen and unenjoyed.

That sign was evident upon the opening of the second pack..image

Full steam ahead now!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I think I've done ok so far and ripping those packs has been fun as all he'll. Promise that I am going full steam ahead!
    Nikklos
  • Options
    What happened?? The gem mint Ryan has stunned you into submission?? image

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see the pics?

Que paso?
    Mike
  • Options
    Grote - I can't tell you how much fun it was to open those packs. And it really seemed to strike a chord among the forum members (heck, I think I overloaded the Photobucket system with views). I've been through 8 of the packs (1/3 of the box). I actually think it was this board that gave me the discipline not to open the whole box today!

Probably what I'll do is post the highlights once I rip the box. It was cool to show everyone what came out card by card. But it turned out to be a lot of work too.

Chris
    Nikklos
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    We appreciated the effort Chris. I spent a good amount of time today scanning all the graded packs I got back from PSA from the recent group pack sub. Not easy when you get interrupted by kids all day, LOL.

Here's hoping for the perfectly centered Ryan or Bench. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. A couple of nicely centered superstars would do the trick. Corners don't seem to be an issue. I like the cards I have so far. favorite is a perfectly beautiful Oscar Gamble RC. There seem to be 2-3 decently centered cards a pack. We'll see - 180 cards to go!
    Nikklos
  • Options

<< <i>Grote - I can't tell you how much fun it was to open those packs. And it really seemed to strike a chord among the forum members (heck, I think I overloaded the Photobucket system with views). I've been through 8 of the packs (1/3 of the box). I actually think it was this board that gave me the discipline not to open the whole box today!

Probably what I'll do is post the highlights once I rip the box. It was cool to show everyone what came out card by card. But it turned out to be a lot of work too.

Chris >>

Hi Chris

Taking pics and scanning (especially) is time consuming - tho I do enjoy sharing. You've done a really good job.

I look forward to the futures pics.

Have you offered the recent files you downloaded to photobucket to someone else to post for you?
    Mike
  • Options
    Good luck!~

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like I need a new image hosting service. >>

www.imageevent.com is your ticket.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I have used this web hostingservice for several years,, it cost a little but works the best for me, unlimited photo space,and 99.99% up time,,,bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    for some reason I cant see the pictures...
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Did you get this box from BBCE?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WARNING: If you are easily offended by the plundering of ancient antiquities, please do not view this thread.

Awww!

Tony Oliva was the man!

There was one other card in the pack but for the sake of human decencym I refuse to show it. >>

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WARNING: If you are easily offended by the plundering of ancient antiquities, please do not view this thread.

Awww!

Tony Oliva was the man!

There was one other card in the pack but for the sake of human decencym I refuse to show it. >>

Did you use image code to copy ?if you did all you have to do then is go to your forum tpoic and hit paste.then hit preview below your smessage box to see if it did work.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Stop with the tease ... we need pics ... NOW!
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    Ron - the box is from BBCE.

The pics are disappearing because there are too many views. I will try one of these other sites that you guys are suggesting. Thanks all!
    Nikklos
  • Options
    I can't see, I can't see!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    It would seem this thread would have to get some serious hits to use up the free bandwidth.

I've been using photobucket for years and have never gotten one of these?

This is how much bandwidth I'm using:

Bandwidth used

1.0 GB (10%)

10 GB
    Mike
  • Options
    I'll be back with a recap of the first 3 packs once I trY another image hosting site. I am up to 9 packs open, 15 to go. I don't think the pics from pack 4 went through at all so I will resume there.

If no one strenuously objects, I would rather give each pack its own thread. I hate the threads that go on for pages. Don't worry - I will not rip every pack at once and flood the board.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    You can just add scans to one thread. Just copy paste. All you have to do is reply to your own thread.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Nikklos
  • Options
    Come on... I know the Patriots are on and everyone wants to watch them dominate, but geesh! Some more packs please!!!

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>TextCome on... I know the Patriots are on and everyone wants to watch them dominate, but geesh! Some more packs please!!! >>

who? image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I would rather give each pack its own thread. >>

Do it!

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I would rather give each pack its own thread. >>

Do it! >>

You came off the sidelines like Woody Hayes for that one! image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    About a month ago I decided to go ahead and pay for Photobucket. I'm probably the only one, but I was sick of my photos disappearing.
  • Options
    Can someone link the pictures. I cannot see the pictures, I get blank photobukcet instead.

Love to see them
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    Guys - I'll post pack 4 in the office tomorrow. Just suggest the most foolproof way to post the pics (outside of photo bucket , that is). would rather not sign up and pay for a recurring service as I will probably have no need after this box.

Glad everyone enjoys the rip. It is fun as hell to rip that box. Worth every penny.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    You can email me your pics and I'll post them for you. I'm eager to see them! (jeffcolburn@gmail.com)
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    guys, i use picasa - whicch google's free picture service.

i have taxed it too heavily, so i don't know what the bandwidth limitations are.
    = jp
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer to post the pics Jeff. I am going to try to work something out here. I'll look into Picasa, Tinypic and ImageEvent.

The Photobucket Stats say I got 29849 New Image Views!? Is it possible?
    Nikklos
  • Options
    Photobucket has a thing where it shows you which photos have the most views and from where, so it might be easy to track down the culprit. If you change your mind, my offer is still open.
  • Options
    Test

Nikklos
  • Options
    I don't know - I just paid $2.99 for the Photobucket Unlimited and I still don't see the pic I just posted.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    Give it a minute, I remember when I paid for it, it took a few minutes to take.
  • Options
    Up and running. All the previous threads are back up too. I forget which pack I am up to.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    It's working fine now. Please post more scans. I love being 9 years old for a 2nd. time.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Uh....this is epic.

MORE PICS.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Cards are arriving very slow into my inbox from my phone today so here is a sampling from PACK 5. The most important pull is shown at least:

LOVE THIS CARD! Isn't it a thing of beauty?

Nikklos
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    What do you plan on doing with these once they're ripped? That Gamble, for example is on my want/need list.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the fronts, but the backs are great. Nice contrast of colors to really be able to see the stats!!
  • Options
    Mr. Gamble is already in a box headed to PSA along with my first submissions ever. I suspect there might be only one other Gamble that beautiful. Hope it is not considered off-center top-to-bottom.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    It looks good enough to at least nail an automatic 8, but I think the centering should support a 9 as well.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq