Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Poll: Will the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin™ – Mt. Hood Sell ou

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thought this would be an interesting poll, as the previous Mint collectible ATB's have all sold out.
The sellouts appear to be taking more and more time to do so!!

edited to add: I assume this puck will have to sell out because there may be those that want the whole series, or do they?? image

Mint Link

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was Rhett Butler's famous line in Gone with the Wind? Something like..."Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    The Mint will keep it on the web site until they sell out, so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    No question. They're still limited to 1 per HH last time I checked.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what does this bode for the mintage of the 2011s? 25,000 max?
  • Options
    Grand Canyon- P is now gone from the Mint site, presumably sold out.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what does this bode for the mintage of the 2011s? 25,000 max? >>

they won't lower them.

they may raise them, but I think it'd be a mistake to raise them any more than 1k or 2k. My opinion would be to just leave them at 27k and don't flood the collector's out of their interest.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for the 'don't care' button... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was looking for the 'don't care' button... image Cheers, RickO >>

...image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, how about the idea that they will sell them, and they will take them down to increase the price in accordance with the price of silver at some point?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    It's still alive and wanting your dollars!!!
    Not looking real good....in a little over two weeks, this slow mover will have been on sale for 2 months!!! image

Mint Link
  • Options
    It's still available from the Mint.....anyone still think they will sell out??
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    And now it's $50 cheaper. If it doesn't sell out, will haveng the lowest mintage of the first year matter in the future, or is some other lesser known park miore likely to have lower sales anyway?
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have bought more of them but saving my $$$ for some thing that I know I will make more $$$ on soon so as for now it's a no go for me....

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Not looking too good!!!

From NN:

Mint Stat: ATB 5-ounce coin sales lag
    Posted on October 27, 2011 by Debbie Bradley

Anyone want to buy some 5-ounce America the Beautiful silver coins? Anyone?

The Glacier National Park 5-ounce collector coin was the latest to join the selection of bullion and collector coins on Oct. 25. Now, collectors have six of the big coins to choose from. But there isn’t exactly a stampede to get them.

There are still two 2010 collector coins available, one honoring the Grand Canyon and one honoring Mount Hood. Last week it looked like Grand Canyon had sold out, but there must have been returns, because sales figures this week stand at 26,025, which means 975 coins are still available.

Mount Hood sales crept up slowly with 338 being sold, while 2011 collector and bullion coins saw little movement. sales of bullion coins stayed the same for Vicksburg, increased by 500 for Olympic National Park and dropped 500 for Chicasaw National Recreation Area.

Meanwhile, silver Eagle sales are flying again.

NN Link

edited to add: I bought the first five 5oz. Mint collector ATB's.....probably the worst investment in modernity I've made!!! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file