Home Precious Metals
Options

POLL - QE3 and Friday

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think is going to happen?
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. But considering M2 has increased $250 BILL in the past 4 weeks I'd say QE3 "stealth" is already underway regardless if Ben says yeah, nay, or nothing. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i agree with RR and had heard similar things on a doom and gloom radio broadcast yesterday.

i think Friday will be interesting though, regardless.

• Options
    I agree with RR and 57loaded. QE3 has most likely begun. The can will be kicked again.image
  • Options
    Uncle Ben's speeches seem to be good for Gold prices. I anticipate a spike sometime soon after he is done speaking, which will indicate a good time to sell this temporary peak and double down after the dip, that everyone knows is coming.
  • Options
    MoneyCollectorMoneyCollector Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    QE3 is already underway. Banks borrowing at 0% or close to it and buying Treasuries is QE. Only way out is inflation and they know it. No real growth in the economy. Its all part of the master plan. The Fed will announce sometime within the next year that they are taking all the Treasuries off their books and our debt is magically lower by $3T.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone that has agreed with everyone else.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    Didn't know you were a Sal and Richard fan derryb.

"I agree with your agreement"

• Options
    Chairsatan will speak jibberish, markets will pop, then lower once everyone digests the nothingburger he has left them.
  • Options
    the CNBC talking heads seem to be voting for what most everyone else is thinking

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Was today's gold smackdown just preps for an expected Friday gold rally?

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I would think it would be a 4 day run on gold, but the Fed meeting is Friday. Do you want to be in the market Friday or out of the market?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I really don't think they are going to take any additional action. They extended the ultra low interest rates and that's MORE than enough. Then again this is big Ben we're talking about....
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options

<< <i>I would think it would be a 4 day run on gold, but the Fed meeting is Friday. Do you want to be in the market Friday or out of the market? >>

Friday is just a World Economic Forum in Jackson Hole, WY that Uncle Ben will attend.

Scheduled FOMC meetings are Tuesday for 1 day meetings and Tuesday-Wednesday for 2 day meetings.

• Options

<< <i>I really don't think they are going to take any additional action. They extended the ultra low interest rates and that's MORE than enough. Then again this is big Ben we're talking about.... >>

I wouldn't say "extended"

they forecasted that rates would be low. (implication that we will have a stagnant economy that long)
  • Options
    I believe (could be wrong) that Jackson Hole is where QE2 was announced.

• Options
    actually QE2 was announced in a November FOMC statement, and the first was announced in a March 2009 FOMC action.

the last FOMC meeting was Aug. 9th and the next will be Sept. 20th.

If they were to announce one, I'd think they'd have to have a "emergency meeting" first to vote on it.

I don't think it is likely.

So, I don't think Uncle Ben can even hint at any action.

• Options

<< <i>What do you think is going to happen? >>

The U.S economy is on the verge of going belly up
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bernanke wouldn't tell us a thing, even if an economic nuke was about to hit downtown Manhattan.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's pushing on a string.
  • Options
    and the winner is?

no one.
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608

<< <i>and the winner is?

no one. >>

As of this writing, stocks, bonds, gold all up big. So everyone's a winner in Friday's Baleyville market, everyone except the mega-bears in all three markets. Then again, by the close, prices might be very different.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ben for the win!image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So everyone's a winner in Friday's Baleyville market

Even my house ticked up on the most recent Zillow. Neighbor's house sold well above the asking price in 2 days with multiple offers last month.

Do you prefer a pisler, lager, or ale? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So everyone's a winner in Friday's Baleyville market

Even my house ticked up on the most recent Zillow. Neighbor's house sold well above the asking price in 2 days with multiple offers last month.

Do you prefer a pisler, lager, or ale? image >>

You can keep the "pisler"....I'll take a Pilser or Pilsner beerimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Ben spoke, metals moved up. Guy should learn to zip it.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill go with the wait and see attitude. were not out of this yet and by far were not jmo
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats what i get for typing fast, yes pass on the pissler, get the pilsner instead

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    why I said no one is a winner:

I don't think they have any new ideas.

I'm still hung up on the fact that if they don't think inflation is a threat, why they don't try to act and get growth going.

Sure, Sure... hang it on the politicians... but the Fed can act, too.

Or can they?? Are we in a Japan situation?