Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone else feel the quake?

Crazy. I'm in Columbus, Ohio and our building just shook for about a minute. We're on the top floor (3) and those on the lower floors felt nothing. Haven't checked the news, hope wherever this happened people are okay.

Far out.

Comments

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    We just had one here in Raleigh, NC too! Wow! I wonder if it was the same quake?
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    Asked my wife, and she screams YES! She wasn't going to say anything because she thought I would call her crazy. Around Marietta, Ohio here.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    center of it was in central Virginia
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    Thought it was the end of the world here in Maryland. My card collection tried
    to kill me in my bed room, slab flying all over the place.

James
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Raleigh here - felt it as well.
  • Options
    I live in Richmond, VA and it was quite an experience.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    London, Ontario, Canada. Felt it too.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm in Central Maryland and we had the shakey shakes for a bit also. You Virginia folks probably felt it more than we did though.

Rodney
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    SE Penna; Felt it here as well

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭
    Salem, MA too. Only slightly noticable, but it did happen. Latest news is that it was almost a 6.0 (Chaz) centered in VA.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one in Va and the one in NY were not the same quake!
  • Options
    pomobileclkpomobileclk Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Felt it here in Brooklyn, NY, All my bobbleheads were shaking in the cabinets
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Arlington, VA and I thought someone was ramming into my building! It wasn't until I looked outside and saw the windows in the nearby buildings shaking that I realized that it was an earthquake. Nothing fell off my walls, but stuff was definitely swinging back and forth.
  • Options
    Central Pa - shook the furniture in the house.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I felt nothing in Seattle. Absolutely NOTHING.

But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I am in the 7th floor of my building outside of DC. We definitely swayed.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0005ild.php
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    North East OHIO

Yesimage
    The Sky Pilot

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I felt nothing in Seattle. Absolutely NOTHING.

But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. >>

ain't you guys still mopping up Fookooshima fallout? image
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    PA here, that was crazy!
  • Options
    My wife is up at Duke everything was shaking she said. Wow big earthquake that was widespread plus another in NY? Crazy!

And we have a Monster hurricane poised to hit SC/NC.

I'm going to take me and the kids and hide in our safe!

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Everyone I work with here on Cape Cod felt it but me.

Funny how no one wanted to admit it until someone else did cause they thought it was just them. Wonder what they were doing at lunch image
  • Options
    That was awesome! Makes me want to move to California.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

2012 preview show???

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>That was awesome! Makes me want to move to California. >>

oh goody. refugees.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    so much for the PSA East Coast Office opening anytime soon
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Photo of the earthquake damage in my yard...
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    All you east coasters are a bunch of whining, panty-waist, lightweights. You'd all probably
    s--t your pants if you experieced the 2010 Easter quake we had in El Centro, CA.
    Try a 7.4 on for size. Just sayin' . . .
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    My office building in downtown Milwaukee, WI shook for a while...as did a friend's building a few blocks away. At first I just assumed the crumbling foundation in this wretched building was finally starting to give way. When I got a text from my friend down the street, I realized it was an earthquake after all.

Lots of people in my office were making a big deal out of it, but frankly it was hardly noticable here.
  • Options
    nothing in Passaic
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Photo of the earthquake damage in my yard...
    image >>

Didn't feel anything in Rhode Island, must have missed it.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All you east coasters are a bunch of whining, panty-waist, lightweights. You'd all probably
    s--t your pants if you experieced the 2010 Easter quake we had in El Centro, CA.
    Try a 7.4 on for size. Just sayin' . . . >>

Keep in mind that earthquakes in this area are pretty rare. It may have been small by CA standards, but our buildings are not designed to absorb vibrations the same way as those in CA are. So, it may very well have been a more frightening experience for some in this area than a 7.4 would have been for you seasoned earthquake pros in California.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I'm in D.C., and felt it, of course. It lasted all of about 10 sec., and although large for this area, seemed relatively minor over all. My wife called from my home in Northern VA and said that it knocked a few things over including a stack of 2011 Topps Heritage I had on a shelf, but no big deal. She was very rattled though.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Didn't notice it here in NW Ohio.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in NY and my whole building shook. We were evacuated for about 30 minutes. Nice paid break, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Sure did - here in Harrisburg, PA.
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Felt it here in Boston.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Shippensburg PA

was in the Ag shop at the High School and just thought someone was on the roof working on the vents...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, my wife, and 2 children had gone to the Paramus Park Mall in Paramus, NJ for lunch after visiting the Paramus Children's Museum. We left the mall after lunch and sat down briefly at some benches outside. Five minutes later a bunch of people came out saying the mall was being evacuated and that the building was shaking, etc. They were very panicky and yet sitting outside, we never felt a thing. Very odd.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I am working just outside of Chicago and was on a phone with a client who is in Baltimore when he suddenly went quiet.....and after about twenty seconds said..."whoa...whoa..what the heck!! I think we are having an earthquake".

My son in law works in DC and he said the building swayed for a minute but all seems to be well at this point.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I felt nothing in Seattle. Absolutely NOTHING.

But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. >>

ain't you guys still mopping up Fookooshima fallout? image >>

Not really. We're still just luvin' us some fresh fish....

• Options

<< <i>I, my wife, and 2 children had gone to the Paramus Park Mall in Paramus, NJ for lunch after visiting the Paramus Children's Museum. We left the mall after lunch and sat down briefly at some benches outside. Five minutes later a bunch of people came out saying the mall was being evacuated and that the building was shaking, etc. They were very panicky and yet sitting outside, we never felt a thing. Very odd. >>

Same thing here. The people outside didn't notice it. The people inside came running out of their buildings.
  • Options
    Our office building shook in Columbus, OH... but only the people on the 2nd floor noticed. When I got home, my trash can was knocked over. SOMEONE CALL FEMA!
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    That's not funny, but yet I laughed out loud....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Felt it here in Northern NJ on the 5th floor of my building.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife works in Albany NY and she called and said, "did you feel that." I said no.....was working outside all day and didn't feel a thing just 15 miles away.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>Photo of the earthquake damage in my yard...
    image >>

Funny I saw the same picture on this site.

DC Earthquake Devastation
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything in Lima Oh. Although where I work the machines already vibrate the floor, so who knows.

Dave
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    We have 5.9's for breakfast here in Southern Cal. Probably pretty scary back east though.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Lot of folks felt it here in Buffalo. My office faces the runway of Buffalo Niagara airport; EVERYTIME a planes takes off the walls rattle, so I didn't notice a thing.
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult