Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone else feel the quake?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was working on an older home being rehabed in Columbus. I was in a room that had a poured concrete floor above my work area. I actually looked up at the bottom of that floor and said to myself it would not take much for that to cave in. I didn't let any grass grow under my feet and got my job done and got out of there. I had no idea there was an earthquake until I listened to the news on the way home. No ground shaking, nothing to indicate there was any problem at all.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    yes in Northbridge Ma
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The difference with East Coast quakes and West Coast quakes is that the East Coast is pretty much a single plate which is why the quake was felt as far south as Alabama, as far north as Toronto and as far west as Chicago...

Felt it sitting in my office today about 1:54 and then heard the WFAN broadcasters mention they felt it about 30 seconds later (they are also on about an 8 second delay). I've heard it said that a 7.0 on the Eastern Plate would be devastating as the entire plate would be rocking akin to 8.8 on the West Coast.

While the 5.8 may not seem that impressive to the quake-zoners on the Left Coast, it is the second largest on the East in the past 100 years...
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Did not feel it in Rhode Island, but others around here said they did.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on 4th floor of office bldg and was actually getting a bit dizzy from the shaking!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't feel it in my ground floor office (NE Ohio), but others near me did. I guess I was working too hard. image
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>My wife works in Albany NY and she called and said, "did you feel that." I said no.....was working outside all day and didn't feel a thing just 15 miles away. >>

I work and live in Albany also.I didn't feel a thing.I probrobly wouldn't have noticed if 2 of my co-wprkers didn't haul ass out of the building.I am not sure what the would have done had we had a large quake.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Eating lunch at my kitchen table here in Columbia,MD while watching Fox business and reading the newspaper when the house started shaking for 10 seconds. 15 seconds later it started again-----sounded like the walls were going to buckle. Per Letterman tonight: The epicenter was Gov.Christie's aerobic class.......
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

that right there is some funny chit.

Nicely done. Only thing you're missing is Rudy's face in the middle.

• Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, things are so bad here in California even the earthquakes are leaving.....
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    maybe we get hurricane. image
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, things are so bad here in California even the earthquakes are leaving..... >>

Morning,

Man you got that right, here in the beautiful Central Colorado Rocky Mountains we are being Difiled !...Defiled I Say!, by these Godamm Californians, Ever 5th license plate here in the last two years is one of those Namby Pamby, Liberal, Beeding Heart, Welfare Lovin', Left Wing Commie Californians moving to Our State, Colorado !!, Great Place to Visit, now turn around and GO HOME !!!!!

YeeFreekinhahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I felt it on Long Island too!!! At first I thought I was having a stroke as my staff people seem like they have never prepared a tax return in their lives before. So I was pretty happy to find out it was just an earthquake. Of course, I went back to work as soon as it stopped as I want to see my wife and kids sometime before Labor Day.

Sorry Neil, I can't help out with that California problem you guys are having unless they know how to prepare tax returns. I'm thinking the ones you are talking about don't.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Neil, have you been on a steady diet of rocky mountain oysters? I think the bull jizz has gone to your brain. image
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Breaking news: President Obama has stated that the earthquake in the capital was due to a rare and obscure fault line. He has named it Bush's Fault.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till the Eagles win the Super Bowl - the earth shaking will be felt in Australia.