Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's 2011 Fantasy Football money league, Question for the players on page 4, bigger pot next

I'm going to be hosting year 2 of my Playing for Peanuts Yahoo Fantasy Football money league. Email invites have already been sent to last years managers. Last years managers will have two weeks to register before I open it up for anyone else. 16 team max, 12 team minimum.

This years entry fee is doubled to $100 per team, and payouts will be based on the following:

Prizes will be paid out as follows:

Champion- 50% of pot
2nd Place- 25% of pot
3rd Place- 15% of pot
4th Place- 10% of pot

Here are the settings:

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 18, 2011
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Invite Sharing Tools: Disabled
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)
Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26

Playoff Reseeding: Never Reseed
Divisions: Yes (4 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners advance but seeded by overall standings
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: No

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 250 yards
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1 0
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1
Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Once a team is eliminated, it will be locked from adding/deleting players. Returning managers, check your emails for the Yahoo invite. Once you register, PM me for my paypal address, all funds to be paid via paypal gift within 3 days of your registration or your spot will not be held (unless you make prior arrangements with me). If you got an invite and don't wish to play, please let me know and I'll open your spot up for someone else.

Let's have another fun, football season.

1) thenavarro
2) jmhockey23
3) wolfie
4) So. Central RockCats
5) BoSox1976
6) bobbyw8469
7) X-Factor
8) Lucky Pharms
9) BigBen7
10) Blakey Poo Griffin (ahmanfan)
11) dmurphy3mvp
12)gameusedhoop
13) cobrakai
14) swartz1
15)oeKnows
16) ditka's (leathtech)

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Here's the thread from last year for any newbies that might want to participate if any of the managers drop out. You can see the format and stuff here.

Last year's league thread
  • DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    I'm in if space is available.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Returning champion (split wiht minorleague) is IN!!!!! Are you sure they are even playing football this year Mike?
  • Mike,
    Can I get & invite?

Best regards,
    Joe
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Mike,
    I would like in if there is an opening.

<< <i>Mike,
    Can I get & invite?

Best regards,
    Joe >>

Joe,

Check the email address you used for last years season. You should have an invite waiting for you,

Mike
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Just registered. When is the $100 going to be due? My wife lost her job recently so I may end up having to give my spot up in this league.

-Brendan

<< <i>Just registered. When is the $100 going to be due? My wife lost her job recently so I may end up having to give my spot up in this league.

-Brendan >>

PM sent
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great league.....I am always interested in the set up to a league....

I have been in a league for quite a few years on yahoo and I really like the set up. We have 14 teams in the league and one "division". Each team will play all the other teams just once so you have a balanced schedule. The league is set up for the top two seeds to get a bye for week 14, with the semis being in week 15 and the Super Bowl being in week 16. I think it is great to give a little to the top teams over the course of the season instead of the 8th seed being equal when they might have a losing record going into the playoffs. Just thought I would share the setup of my league as it seems to work well and everyone plays everyone over the course of the season and never twice.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    First post updated with registrations, payments, list of alternates, etc.

Mike
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Depending on when the draft is, I'd like to get in on a team if you'll have me.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind being an alt...

if you have space...thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

<< <i>Depending on when the draft is, I'd like to get in on a team if you'll have me. >>

I've added you to the alternate list, draft is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, Aug 25 at 8 PM CST. Yahoo only has certain dates and times still available so I grabbed that one for now. I wanted a Sunday night at 8 PM but it doesn't look like that one is available right now.

Mike
    updated
    Mike..Am I missing something here?? I thought the NFL was in limbo this year as to if they were even going to play or not?

<< <i>Mike..Am I missing something here?? I thought the NFL was in limbo this year as to if they were even going to play or not? >>

Bobby,

If there's not a season then there won't be a league and all entry fees will be returned to those that pay them, however, I'm not going to wait and then be ill prepared to get the fantasy season organized and up and running by waiting until the last minute, and having to hurry in getting people to pay, signed up, inconvenient draft, etc. It's better to just prepare and be ready to go.

I severely doubt that the millionaire NFL owners and the millionaire NFL players will choose to miss a season of revenue, and suffer the scorn that MLB felt years ago. In my opinion, they'll play. If they don't, no big deal to me, if they do, we'll be ready with 16 guys/gals that are ready to play fantasy football.

Mike
    8 days left for last season's owners to register. After that, I'll open it up for the alternates.

Mike
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I was JR's Purple Drankers last year.

I'm still trying to decide... I'll let you know next week.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

<< <i>Mike,

I was JR's Purple Drankers last year.

I'm still trying to decide... I'll let you know next week. >>

Cool, just let me know when you decide,

Mike
    Mike....I definitely am in! Let me know when the latest I can pay is.....

PS - When is the draft?

<< <i>Mike....I definitely am in! Let me know when the latest I can pay is.....

PS - When is the draft? >>

PM sent Draft is 'Thu Aug 25 8:00pm CDT
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Dang. I really want to play in this, $100 is now not an issue the wifey okay it, but got so frustrated at this league having 16 teams last year. I just hate playing in a league with this many teams because injuries screwed me bigtime at the end of last season.

Any chance of capping this at 12 people since the buyin is double?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Horse (3rd place winner from last year) is back in, Mike! Looking forward to it!!

I like the 16-team league format...it forces you to be more selective about who you pick up and not every team is going to be an all star team by default. Not to mention the bigger pot. Let's get it on!

Any way we can move the draft to a Saturday or Sunday evening? Work schedule is going to conflict with draft time for me..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Just registered. Draft date & time are good for me.

<< <i>

Any chance of capping this at 12 people since the buyin is double? >>

I think the 16 makes for a more competitive league. Fantasy football isn't nearly as much fun or challenging when every player is a "star".

<< <i>Any way we can move the draft to a Saturday or Sunday evening? Work schedule is going to conflict with draft time for me.. >>

Darkhorse,

I initially tried to set the draft for a weekend night, but Yahoo sports only had certain time slots remaining.

Mike
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Are we sticking with the draft as Thu Aug 25 8:00pm CDT ? If so I am ready to sign up again, if it is being moved then I am on the bubble as I don't want to get autodrafted at a price of $100.

<< <i>Are we sticking with the draft as Thu Aug 25 8:00pm CDT ? If so I am ready to sign up again, if it is being moved then I am on the bubble as I don't want to get autodrafted at a price of $100. >>

Hoop,

I plan on having it that day and time unless a personal family emergency/death pops up that I have to tend to. That gives almost everyone a months notice if they need to re-arrange anything to attend.

Mike
    I'm not sure I can make that draft as I'm now on a shift where I won't get home from work till 1030pm EDT or 930 CDT. Any way we can get this done on a weekend like last year? That was some much more convenient..I'm reluctant to play with a team based on autodraft.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    The weekend slots that I tried, Yahoo would not let me choose those as I guess they were filled with other drafts. If you can't make the draft and need to dropout let me know and I'll remove your team.

Mike
    How about Monday, Labor Day night?

• BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Money Sent

<< <i>How about Monday, Labor Day night? >>

I'm going to leave it at the scheduled time as it's hard to coordinate a time convenient for everyone and there are 14 other teams already that are counting on that date. I found out that I'll be traveling for business that day as well, but unfortunately for me, that's just the way it goes as well. I'm going to try and workout my business trip so I can draft my team during that time slot, but if not, I'll have to preset my choices and let autopick draft my team.

Grote15, I understand if you decide to dropout because of the draft time, that's cool, just let me know enough time in advance so I can find a replacement.

Mike
    We've got 14 teams registered and invite sent to Reed (the alternate from above).

STILL ONE MORE SPOT. 1ST TO POST IN THIS THREAD THAT THEY WANT IN, GETS IT. JUST POST HERE AND PM YOUR EMAIL AND I'LL SEND YOU THE LAST INVITE.

Mike
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    I'll get you payment sometime this week. I have no money in my PayPal account (I've used it once in the past four years, and that was last week for another FF draft), so it'll take a few days for my funds to clear. Thanks for your patience.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

<< <i>I'll get you payment sometime this week. I have no money in my PayPal account (I've used it once in the past four years, and that was last week for another FF draft), so it'll take a few days for my funds to clear. Thanks for your patience. >>

Cool I'll hold your spot. Go ahead and signup if you haven't already. I'm on mobile right now so can't check
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mike- I'll take that last spot. Pm me your paypal info, thanks.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

<< <i>Hey Mike- I'll take that last spot. Pm me your paypal info, thanks.
    John >>

John,

PM sent, I'll need your email to send you an invite for the league.

Mike
    Team USSR needed to drop out so we have one more spot. Post your interest here and PM me your email and I'll send invite.

Mike
  • I'd be interested if a spot openned up.

<< <i>I'd be interested if a spot openned up. >>

Send me your email address via PM and I'll send you an invite.

Mike
    Draft is Thursday night at 8 pm central time

If you haven't done so you need to remit payment.

Draft order will be set randomly by yahoo about a half hour before the draft
    Please test your PC system prior to the draft to make sure it's compatible with Yahoo's drafting system. You can go to the draft tab on the league page and test to make sure it works for you. I got my laptop back today from the shop finally so I'll be able to draft rather than having to autodraft myself.

If you can't make the draft, you can go ahead and setup your wishes in Yahoo and it will draft for you.

Mike
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yee Haw! Can we start the smack talk yet?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • thanks Mike for setting this up Mike... payment now sent image
    Almost time to draft
    Some good races for the final playoff spots this week and next. I finally punched my ticket for the playoffs today with a win against Cobra Kai. A couple more have a chance to clinch this weekend too I think.
    I am losing to the last place team. I don't deserve to make the places. Bring on next year!
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Take that bobby, muahaha.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    Are you Blakey-Poo-Griffin Ahmanfan??? If so, good job this week....