Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

thenavarro's 2011 Fantasy Football money league, Question for the players on page 4, bigger pot next

2»

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Unless there are some stat corrections or something that Yahoo posts by the morning, then I believe these are the playoff matchups:

1 seed thenavarro
    8 seed BoSox1976

2 seed x-factor
    7 seed JoeKnows

3 seed Wolfie
    6 seed Game Used Hoop

4 seed sanzenbachers
    5 seed Lucky Pharms

Once again, these are UNOFFICIAL by my calculation only. Be sure and check tomorrow to make sure at the league page.

Good luck!!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Argh!! Not having a quarterback play in the final week definitely hurt me!! I would have beaten my opponent barely and made the playoffs!!
  • Options
    Looks like Leathtech is the first team to officially make the final four. Congrats Leathtech (Sanzenbachers)
  • Options
    Unless Brandon Lloyd scores over 60.68 for Gameusedhoop tomorrow night, the final four will be:

sanzenbachers vs. thenavarro

and

x-factor vs. wolfie

The seeding held true to form as all 4 top seeds advanced.

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Ugh ... I have to play X-Factor again? image

He just got done beating me in week 13 ... image

Congrats to the winners!
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I held on tonight to squeek by Sanzenbachers so my ticket is punched for the big one next week. It was way too close for my blood pressure, LOL, but it made for a very fun and exciting day of watching football for me.

Unless Heath Miller scores about 65 tomorrow night, looks like my opponent will be Wolfbear.

Championship game

thenavarro
    wolfie

3rd place game

sanzenbachers
    x-factor
  • Options

<< <i>I held on tonight to squeek by Sanzenbachers so my ticket is punched for the big one next week. It was way too close for my blood pressure, LOL, but it made for a very fun and exciting day of watching football for me.

Unless Heath Miller scores about 65 tomorrow night, looks like my opponent will be Wolfbear.

Championship game

thenavarro
    wolfie

3rd place game

sanzenbachers
    x-factor >>

I hate the packers even more now... Being a bears fan it was hard rooting for them all year, go figure they choke on the day I need them most - If Rodgers, Nelson, and the kicker even have a normal week for them I win. Once again I HATE the packers!
  • Options

Thank you for running the league Mike.
    Love the 16 team format. Nowhere to hide for slackers.

Extreme fun. Bring a lunch to the finals. I'll not go down easy.

Looking forward to this weekend ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    ................................................ME!! (unless Yahoo makes some scoring adjustments)

What a great championship game,

Tentative final score:

thenavarro 119.28
    Wolfie 119.02

My QB Brees, passed to my RB Sproles late in the 4th quarter to set an NFL record as well as to get me very close to Wolfie, and then Tony Gonzales caught a short pass on the final drive to put me over the top.

In the battle for 3rd, Sanzenbachers (leathtech) came up big,

Sanzenbachers 122.52
    X-Factor 92.54

Final payouts will be:

1) thenavarro $600 Wolfie and I had agreed on Christmas Day to split the 1st and 2nd place pot
    2) Wolfie $600
    3) Sanzenbachers $240
    4) X-Factor $160

Thanks to everyone for playing and I hope y'all enjoyed the season and will come back next year.

Mike

• Options

<< <i>................................................ME!! (unless Yahoo makes some scoring adjustments)

What a great championship game,

Tentative final score:

thenavarro 119.28
    Wolfie 119.02

My QB Brees, passed to my RB Sproles late in the 4th quarter to set an NFL record as well as to get me very close to Wolfie, and then Tony Gonzales caught a short pass on the final drive to put me over the top.

In the battle for 3rd, Sanzenbachers (leathtech) came up big,

Sanzenbachers 122.52
    X-Factor 92.54

Final payouts will be:

1) thenavarro $600 Wolfie and I had agreed on Christmas Day to split the 1st and 2nd place pot
    2) Wolfie $600
    3) Sanzenbachers $240
    4) X-Factor $160

Thanks to everyone for playing and I hope y'all enjoyed the season and will come back next year.

Mike >>

thanks all for a fun year... now what to buy with that $240 - 3rd place win image
  • Options

Ridiculous! None of Brees, Sproles, or Gonzalez
    should have even been on the field in the last 3 minutes.

The outcome of the game had long been decided.

I get going for records, but Drew can't get 30 more yards next week?
    They want the record in front of a home crowd? Next week IS a home game.

Any one of the three could have been injured
    and seriously hurt their team's attempts to advance through the playoffs.

Whew! Rant over. Now that I've got that off my chest,
    congratulations to Mike for pulling off the last second squeaker.

Glad we decided to split the 1st place dough.
    Would have been a shame for either of us to lose $ 200 by less than one point.

Thanks again for running such a fun and competitive league Mike! image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Mike just sent me my 3rd place winnings... big thanks to Mike for running the league this year!
  • Options
    Mike congratulations on the win. Cannot believe the final score. Thanks for putting this together and will be back again next year.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Sorry Mike ... this is the best I could find:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn fine finale to a damn fine season. Thanks all and congratulations Mike.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the fun league this year. 16 teams is rough! I'm happy to finish in the money. Rec'd and all is well. Now gotta figure what to spend it on...
  • Options
    16 teams is VERY rough!! Hardly anyone good on the waiver wire. Injuries and a bad break here or there and you are done for the year.
  • Options
    All winners have now been paid via paypal gift. Congrats on y'alls winnings.

A question for next years league. The higher the pot, the bigger the payout. If you have a year to plan in advance, what's your $$$ threshold for an entry fee using the same format??

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Mike if you end up needing another I would be interested in playing next year for up to $200. Got a promotion this year and a huge pay raise so thankfully as long as we don't all get laid off I am good to go. image
  • Options

Funds received yesterday.
    Appreciate the prompt payment Mike. image

I'd be up for whatever as far as next year's entry fee goes ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    I would go up to $200
  • Options
    I would go up to $200, but I think 16 teams is too hard. Noone on the waiver wire. If you plan on keeping it 16 teams, maybe $100 is fine.
  • Options
    BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I would go up to $200.
  • Options
    I would probably go as high as 250... maybe drop off one less roster spot to make more players on Free Agent list.