Home Precious Metals
Options

OK I'll ask the dumb & stupid question

OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
that everybodys probably thinking

will silver hit $50 before August 3, 2011?

Steve
Promote the Hobby

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    no
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Gold is pulling up Silver. All those Chinese putting their savings in Gold it seems.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid deterioration in European Union could make it happen. A US budget ceiling compromise will be a roadblock.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    No way. Maybe $45, MAYBE.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's special about Aug. 2nd?

Oh, that's right - nothing.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    No way.
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50.
    The wave of selling kicks in as it approaches that level which kills any further forward momentum.
    I do not think it will ever hit $50 in the next 10 yrs.
    My 2 cents only.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I don't have a clue !
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

NO ONE knows. but, I don't think it will going with the same sentiments as mariner67. Another but, I think it will hit and exceed $50 within the next 10 yrs.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know but I can't say anything.

(I'll tell you after it happens.)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50

Careful! I was called ludicrous the other day for suggesting basically this.
    To think that there aren't people out there who are cost avgd. in the $40's is what is ludicrous and maybe even a little out of touch imo. How quickly we forgot how many new buyers came into the market >$40. Remember all the threads saying that everything was being bought up and price wasn't an issue? Newbies just had to have some and get in on the run, remember? I do, but i'm ludicrous for remembering that I guess. Oh well image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year. >>

wanna bet. image

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the camp that sees a lot of overhang above $40 and increasing resisistance approaching $50. I'll predict NO to $50 silver by 8/3/11

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have a nicely toned old pour Engelhard 10 ozer that I purchased on.....Saturday April 30, 2011. Oh, well.

edited: spelling
  • Options
    Nope. Silver will not hit $50 by August 3, 2011. It is also of my opinion that silver will NOT hit $50 at all in 2011. It came close when spot silver hit $49.85/oz (Kitco quote) in April but close does not count. image $49.85 is the silver high so far this year and I suspect that $49.85 will end up being the "offical" silver high of 2011.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I always remember Redtiger's advice about judging future prices based on the bearish or bullish threads on this board ..therefore Silver will surprise everyone and go to $55 an ounce before 2011 is over.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year. >>

wanna bet. image >>

I don't want to take your $$ again.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    $50 on October 21st! The same day Harold Camping revised his prediction the World would end! before he had a stroke and can't talk now that is! image
  • Options
    Doesn't matter, don't plan to sell unless it's absolutely necessary. It's one of the few protections against a debased currency.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No way.
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50.
    The wave of selling kicks in as it approaches that level which kills any further forward momentum.
    I do not think it will ever hit $50 in the next 10 yrs.
    My 2 cents only. >>

I'll take that bet.

$1000 here if you want it.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that in the uncharted territory in which we find ourselves, silver could hit $50/oz. in a day.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.