Home Precious Metals
Options

OK I'll ask the dumb & stupid question

OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
that everybodys probably thinking

will silver hit $50 before August 3, 2011?

Steve
Promote the Hobby

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    no
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Gold is pulling up Silver. All those Chinese putting their savings in Gold it seems.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid deterioration in European Union could make it happen. A US budget ceiling compromise will be a roadblock.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    No way. Maybe $45, MAYBE.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's special about Aug. 2nd?

Oh, that's right - nothing.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    No way.
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50.
    The wave of selling kicks in as it approaches that level which kills any further forward momentum.
    I do not think it will ever hit $50 in the next 10 yrs.
    My 2 cents only.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I don't have a clue !
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

NO ONE knows. but, I don't think it will going with the same sentiments as mariner67. Another but, I think it will hit and exceed $50 within the next 10 yrs.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know but I can't say anything.

(I'll tell you after it happens.)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50

Careful! I was called ludicrous the other day for suggesting basically this.
    To think that there aren't people out there who are cost avgd. in the $40's is what is ludicrous and maybe even a little out of touch imo. How quickly we forgot how many new buyers came into the market >$40. Remember all the threads saying that everything was being bought up and price wasn't an issue? Newbies just had to have some and get in on the run, remember? I do, but i'm ludicrous for remembering that I guess. Oh well image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year. >>

wanna bet. image

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the camp that sees a lot of overhang above $40 and increasing resisistance approaching $50. I'll predict NO to $50 silver by 8/3/11

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have a nicely toned old pour Engelhard 10 ozer that I purchased on.....Saturday April 30, 2011. Oh, well.

edited: spelling
  • Options
    Nope. Silver will not hit $50 by August 3, 2011. It is also of my opinion that silver will NOT hit $50 at all in 2011. It came close when spot silver hit $49.85/oz (Kitco quote) in April but close does not count. image $49.85 is the silver high so far this year and I suspect that $49.85 will end up being the "offical" silver high of 2011.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I always remember Redtiger's advice about judging future prices based on the bearish or bullish threads on this board ..therefore Silver will surprise everyone and go to $55 an ounce before 2011 is over.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My guess...silver will not hit $50 this year. >>

wanna bet. image >>

I don't want to take your $$ again.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    $50 on October 21st! The same day Harold Camping revised his prediction the World would end! before he had a stroke and can't talk now that is! image
  • Options
    Doesn't matter, don't plan to sell unless it's absolutely necessary. It's one of the few protections against a debased currency.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No way.
    Lots of people that have neen holding silver always think they will plan on unloading if it hits the magic number $50.
    The wave of selling kicks in as it approaches that level which kills any further forward momentum.
    I do not think it will ever hit $50 in the next 10 yrs.
    My 2 cents only. >>

I'll take that bet.

$1000 here if you want it.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that in the uncharted territory in which we find ourselves, silver could hit $50/oz. in a day.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.