Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

All Time Brewers Set

124»

Comments

• Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice post Dan. I too am dabbling in the postwar hof rookie set. I don't have mine registered as there's no way for me to compete with the big boys and I don't want to get caught up trying. Like people have said this registry thing can be addicting. You definitely should start a Robin Yount set. I've enjoyed my Yount collection more then anything else as he was my favorite player growing up. His cards are all easy to find and cheap to buy.

Well I just added a couple more cards to my 70's Brewers run leaving me with only 4 cards to go. If anyone can help with any of the cards listed below please let me know.

Thanks
    Jeff

1971 Topps #415 Mike Hegan (PSA 8)
    1973 Topps Brewers checklist (PSA 7 or 8)
    1976 Topps #550 Hank Aaron (PSA 9)
    1979 Topps #325 Cecil Cooper (PSA 9) >>

Nice win on that 1973 checklist. I wanted to go higher but with the mechanical error and the low feedback I just could not do it.

Nice card

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Hi Shawn,

How did you know it was me? The extra number on the label doesn't bother me. I can always get it reholdered if it does. I'm glad you didn't go higher because you could have made me pay quite a bit more. Down to just 3 cards now.

Jeff
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Shawn,

How did you know it was me? The extra number on the label doesn't bother me. I can always get it reholdered if it does. I'm glad you didn't go higher because you could have made me pay quite a bit more. Down to just 3 cards now.

Jeff >>

Lucky guess. But there only a few of us chasing some of that stuff. I would have been out at $200. So you still would have been okay.

My concern about it being a different card than what the label says would not have been that big of a deal except it was being sold by a guy with 13 feedback and most of it was from the same buyer.
    That is a tough card.

Good luck on the rest of them.

If you are interested in starting a 1980's run, I can get you a few of my extras from my submission. Couple PSA 10's that I will sell.

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    Got the 1973 team checklist card in hand yesterday. Card looks awesome! I think I'm going to have to send it in as a mechanical error otherwise I won't be able to add it to my set. Your on your own with the 80's Brewers run Shawn. Just can't justify the cost on those cards. I would start going backwards doing old Milwaukee Braves sets before I attempted the 80's.

Jeff
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

Well, I did it. I started on Yount. Nothing fancy, just a couple cheap PSA 9's from the '80's. It's a start though!

• Options

<< <i>Well, I did it. I started on Yount. Nothing fancy, just a couple cheap PSA 9's from the '80's. It's a start though! >>

Glad to hear it. Now add that thing to the registry so I can follow along.

Jeff
  • Options

Added to the registry.

I wish I had gotten a scanner with my new computer.I used to scan a lot of stuff and I kind of miss it.

• Options
    Well I'm finally 100% done on both the Brewers 70's run and the all time greats. They look great all tucked away in one of Matt Miller's cases. Managed to be number one on the All time great Brewers, but came up a little short on the 70's run.

Enjoy
    Jeff

• Options

Nice work, Jeff! image

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys haven't posted on here in awhile but wanted to show you what I picked
    up raw at a card show last month. Paid $15 for it and sent it in with my renewal sub.

I will hold on to this one for awhile and see if I can make a little return on my investment.
    Also did you guys see this auction on eBay2005 Topps Chrome Ryan Braun Superfractor
    I wonder what that will finish at and what's up with Topps that cards centering is
    terrible you think they would make all Superfractors perfectly centered but I guess
    not.

James

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick up.

I just got this in the mail yesterday. Sadly, it was only two dollars cheaper than your short printed one.

Braun rookie PSA 10
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    I think right now is a good time to bottom feed on some of his stuff he still has
    6/7 years with Milwaukee. As long as he doesn't get caught cheating again or does
    something stupid and continues to put up decent numbers I think his cards have
    a patently good up side in 5 years or so what do you think?

James
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think right now is a good time to bottom feed on some of his stuff he still has
    6/7 years with Milwaukee. As long as he doesn't get caught cheating again or does
    something stupid and continues to put up decent numbers I think his cards have
    a patently good up side in 5 years or so what do you think?

James >>

Agreed - but I look at Bonds cards. They never recovered. But a few hundred invested is worth the risk IMO.
  • Options

Any fellow Brewer collectors been up to no good? I've been picking up a Yount card here and there, and started picking up some Molitors.
    It's been slow going, but I've been plugging away when I can.....

• Options
    I haven't really been buying to much in the way of Brewers cards. Been picking up an occasional HOF Rookie. I always find that in the summer I don't collect as much as I do in the winter. I guess there's just to much else to do instead of sitting in front of a computer.

Jeff