Home Precious Metals
Options

No $2,000 Gold Without QE3, BofA-Merrill Says

The gold bugs may be in for some disappointment if the U.S. economy’s soft patch real is temporary and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke doesn’t have to conjure up another few hundred billion dollars worth of bond purchases.

The commodities research team at Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been on the gold bandwagon since setting a $1,500 price target in 2008, but commodity strategist Francisco Blanch said Tuesday that the best gains are in the rearview mirror and a cyclical peak is likely in the cards as the U.S. interest rate cycle starts to change.

the best gains are in the rearview mirror
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    And no BofA-Merrill without a scam behind it.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The gold bugs may be in for some disappointment if the U.S. economy’s soft patch real is temporary and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke doesn’t have to conjure up another few hundred billion dollars worth of bond purchases.

The commodities research team at Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been on the gold bandwagon since setting a $1,500 price target in 2008, but commodity strategist Francisco Blanch said Tuesday that the best gains are in the rearview mirror and a cyclical peak is likely in the cards as the U.S. interest rate cycle starts to change.

the best gains are in the rearview mirror >>

If the US economy's soft patch real is temporary ...... That is a real big if. Ben will be forced to keep on buying.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    Great ! BofA is anti-gold, and just last week the Hedge Fund guys said gold is going lower.

2000/oz is now guarenteed. imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for $1650 to roll around since January. It's unlikely that $2k is in the immediate future.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK. Thanks BofA. I will now sell my gold.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    QE3 will never be called called QE3.................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't lose sight of the fundamentals.

The Screaming Fundamentals For Owning Gold And Silver

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No $2,000 Gold Without QE3, BofA-Merrill Says

lol - so where's the big revelation? What a genius!

A re-election campaign without lots of loose money floating around is toast.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    In my opinion only, these guys are myopic. They anticipate the continued manipulation of the economy and markets.

Or they could just be deceitful.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After todays pathetic jobs report I think QE3Lite is a lot more likely. Outside of Baleyville no one is hiring. Stimulus is inevitable. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No $2,000 Gold Without QE3, BofA-Merrill Says >>

Nonsense. QEs 1 and 2 were enough to ensure $2,000 gold IMHO - a QE3 will only accelerate the journey. Besides, who in their right mind listens to BofA-Merrill or takes investment advice from them.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No $2,000 Gold Without QE3, BofA-Merrill Says >>

Nonsense. QEs 1 and 2 were enough to ensure $2,000 gold IMHO - a QE3 will only accelerate the journey. Besides, who in their right mind listens to BofA-Merrill or takes investment advice from them. >>

Yeah...we might see $2k gold when cows learn to flyimage

I forgot...$100 silver also.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BofA. Doesent Hugo Chavez have a major steak in that ? just wondering
  • Options

<< <i>
    Yeah...we might see $2k gold when cows learn to flyimage

. >>

The Burlington County Farm fair is July 23-25th. We will be looking for cow flying instructors and report back if we find any. image
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Two of our cows completely cleared a brand new 47" field fence. Does that count or is it just not close enough?

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Two of our cows completely cleared a brand new 47" field fence. Does that count or is it just not close enough? >>

That's only a $1500 hurtle image
  • Options
    KUCHKUCH Posts: 1,186

<< <i>In my opinion only, these guys are myopic. They anticipate the continued manipulation of the economy and markets.

Or they could just be deceitful. >>

It's a setup. "The little guy buys thinking he is running with the big dogs. The real big dogs stay hidden and will never step into the limelight."

Do the opposite.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, it's always a setup. When I listen to CNBC market reporting, I wince every time they start torturing logic to explain why the market is so.........ebulent.....or........"bubbly"...........shall I say.....

In my rational mind, I simply cannot find the answer to how it works when you "create" money to float the stock market and to keep those promises of retirement assets alive for 99% of the US population. You don't create milk, or widgets or automobiles when you do that - only promisory notes.

And people bust their butts for those notes - the same notes that they hand out freely to everyone but the guys who work for a living.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After todays pathetic jobs report I think QE3Lite is a lot more likely. Outside of Baleyville no one is hiring.

No doubt, "the average" job market of our giant country kind of sucks. Especially for those with narrow, outdated experience who are looking for obsolete jobs.

However, Fox news just this minute is doing a story on the high-tech jobs boom in California. Got skills?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do.

Does this mean that QE3 is now a certainty?
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The political season is almost here, and there is no doubt that some kind of financial shenanigans must be forthcoming.... Campaigning against the employment/financial picture right now would not be good for incumbents - ergo, something has to happen. Hang on... Cheers, RickO