Home Precious Metals
Options

This is just absolutely SICK!!!!!

$25,000+/oz ???? WTF is going on?

Even as a seasoned, knowlegeable panda guy, this is pure sickness. The current bid of $15,000 has not even met the reserve yet.....and we are talking about a group of modern coins that melts down at about $900!!!

I realize the mintage is limited to +/- 6,000 coins.....and the majority of those are the small date variety....but WTF?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he sold three of them earlier for $5K

one explanation could be shill bidding, but no way to tell as he hides buyers' identity.

he's lucky ebay hasn't pulled it based on his accepted payment methods.

flip labels indicate they might have been bought on the secondary market from china - I wouldn't touch them. If they are fake seller probably doesn't know it, he doesn't appear to normally deal with coins.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I don't follow these Pandas. Coin Vault is always peddling them.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <music>
    "Oh, the games people play, now!
    Every night and every day, now!"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely ludicrous. Not only may they be fake, that kind of bidding is suspicious... No way, Jose.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like a work of fiction, just waiting for one real bidder to take the bait
  • Options
    "Because of the value of this lot, the highest bidder needs to pay by certified check or wire transfer within 48 hours" .
    SURE! I would send the guy $20,000 money transfer within 48 hours. NO WAY!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Some people will do anything for attention.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    WTF image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a crock-atuk!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.