Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Looking for older world gold coins.

I want to start a "fun" collection of all different world gold coins. Looking for coins pre-1930, and starting out with smaller sizes of less than 1/2 ounce AGW. Im a strong buyer at near to slightly above melt prices.....PM me with your offerings.

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    by definition is a "strong buyer" at around melt?

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>by definition is a "strong buyer" at around melt?

image >>

For common date, VF/EF/AU, low demand generic world gold coins....you betcha it is. You wont find a dealer in the world buying those type of coins "at or slightly above" melt. They are ALWAYS back of melt. So I AM a "strong" buyer.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>by definition is a "strong buyer" at around melt?

image >>

For common date, VF/EF/AU, low demand generic world gold coins....you betcha it is. You wont find a dealer in the world buying those type of coins "at or slightly above" melt. They are ALWAYS back of melt. So I AM a "strong" buyer. >>

good luck with your education in world gold!
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    Anyone else wanna dump some obscure older world gold coins at just above melt? image
  • Options
    Got 5 coins already....still looking. Sure am glad I didnt listen to Hyperion's negativity! There are many to be had at around melt!
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    That was uncalled for sir. A STRONG BUYER may have had 50 by now. You have nothing to Gloat over, much less comment on this forum about.image
  • Options

<< <i>That was uncalled for sir. A STRONG BUYER may have had 50 by now. You have nothing to Gloat over, much less comment on this forum about.image >>

A fool with a checkbook would have had 50 by now. image

Whats REALLY uncalled for is another member jumping into my BST ad with nothing to offer but negativity.....such as Hyperion has done.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    You want to cop an attitude with potential customers and forum members, Fine, no skin off my rear. I just won't be doing any business with you. This isn't the lightside.
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The protocol on the darkside is much different.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much ABOVE MELT WILL YOU PAY?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

<< <i>how much ABOVE MELT WILL YOU PAY? >>

5-10% over melt. And im talking about common coins that no dealer pays more than 98% of melt on.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I think gecko is paying a great price.......a lot of world gold can be bought for melt at the local store and when you are selling to them you get melt or below melt. There is a person with some world gold that is trying to sell them at melt on.my local Craigslist with no luck. Now that's a lot different than numismatic world gold which some carry large premiums.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT for Phil,

Sorry I don't have anything to offer, But am interested
    in your progress with your World Gold "FUN" collection,
    I think its great plan, so let us know over on the PM forum
    where theres much less dramaimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options

<< <i>TTT for Phil,

Sorry I don't have anything to offer, But am interested
    in your progress with your World Gold "FUN" collection,
    I think its great plan, so let us know over on the PM forum
    where theres much less dramaimage

Steve >>

As usual I have started out fast and furious. I managed to acquire 17-18 different coins with a total AGW of around 2.5-3.0 oz. I have begun slowing down for a couple of reasons.....mostly because as the collection progresses, the choices become more limited as I dont want doubles. And also, I have to keep the wife happy by not spending all the money on coins. Im still an active buyer on cool coins I dont yet have that are offered at around 5% over melt. Condition is completely unimportant. Let me know what you have to offer via PM, and thanks!