Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NEWP - 1921 Standing Liberty Quarter - comments appreciated

pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
Oh my, look what arrived today!

image

What do you think?

I'll let you know what I think a little later ...

oh, and yes the slab is scruffy, especially on the reverse.


image



“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Comments

  • Options
    shishshish Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Nice, super strike and original surfaces. Of course the luster is subdued by the toning but she appears to have original skin which is getting even harder to find. image
    Liberty Seated and Trade Dollar Specialist
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

    That is one of my favorite dates - and I like the SLQ as my favorite design -
    [yes, even though I am better known for Barbers ] - so - I like that coin alot !!

    Nice pick up ... I assume its an AU 58 ? It'd look really good in my Everyman Set !!

    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

    New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice SLQ... a little too muted for my taste, but a good coin nonetheless... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful original skin with a strong stike for the date.

    AU 58..?

    Congrats, great coin and date.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • Options
    shishshish Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also in the AU-58 camp. image
    Liberty Seated and Trade Dollar Specialist
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you shsih, bidask, Mike and Ricko

    image

    Indeed she is an AU58, slabbed by our host, and as shish and bidask commented, I think she is very original with a nice skin. The color of the photo seems a little off (it is a more vibrant slate gray (that is if slate gray can be vibrant - probably not for Ricko). Also, one of the better strikes for the date as bidask pointed out. Overall I am very pleased, and feel it is accurately graded.



    Yeah, yeah Mike image I think it'll look good in my set too! image

    Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it.

    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful skin on that coin.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that quarter a lot !
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid AU58 is my guess! Nice coin.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file