Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Package delivered and now

Ok, I sold and Item for the exact amount of 250.00 buy it now. I always do sig confirmation on this stuff but this time I didnt. I sent it with only 100.00 insured and sent it priority mail box large item 2 1/2 pound set.
Ok. Guy contacts me 3 weeks after I sent it and just says.
Did you send the item.
I tod him yes a while ago.
NO response. 2 more weeks go buy.
I have contacted the seller and must open a case.
SO I get an open case now from the guy from paypal.
I find the sh info and go to the post office to see whats up. Well it was sent 05/05/11 and scanned and delivered on 05/07/11.
The guy who bought it is in NJ and has over 2000+ for buying only.
What do yall think??
He wont contact me either.

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I got burned once in a similar case.. always d/c and min ins of $201 to require the signature over $200
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    The guy's a pro. I'm sure he does it on a regular basis.
    Unfortunately, you're going to lose because you decided to take a shortcut
    and save a few cents. The buyer knows the set up.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The guy's a pro. I'm sure he does it on a regular basis.
    Unfortunately, you're going to lose because you decided to take a shortcut
    and save a few cents. The buyer knows the set up. >>

Sorry to the OP, but I would agree with that...and the PayPal threshold is exactly $250 or more for sig confirmation required.
  • thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Evening,

As the rest said......Package delivered and now..........................Your screwed!!

Sorry!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Please list the buyers ID so we can see if he has tried this crap before.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karma sure is a b*tch.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shows how much you know my nickie.
    Karma? Well Mickey and I made good so what are you living on?
    Karma? Cant wait till you get yours.
    But then I will have bad Karma for wishing so. Well Bad Karma for everyone. Its the american way I guess.
    Ill sue you if you dont agree nickie. Miss you!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned here: save a couple bucks on shipping now and set yourself to lose a lot more bucks later..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Nickie your from NJ right?
    Oh well. Odds are out for me it sounds.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

If you try filing an insurance claim, maybe the scammer will fold.
    It is a crime to lie to the USPS claims examiners; most amateurs
    won't do it.

The other possibility is that the item was ACTUALLY delivered to
    the wrong place. It's pretty rare, but it happens. It has happened
    to me; it usually springs from relief carriers that have no clue about
    the route they are being paid to deliver.

Look for a vendor of Gypsy Curses and/or Santa Muerte Advisories that
    will encourage the bad guy to tell the truth.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
    Thanks storm.
    I plan on doing so. I did pay for insurance but not enough. But he filled a complaint so I will as well. So mail fraud it is.
    But what is karma the great nickie wished apon me? Karma? Mickey71 and I are not even? What are you living on? Well lesson learned or just another fraud with a sorry accuse. Never a victom I guess. Sad sad comment namm .
    Worthless advice. if you have no common sense nick!
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Maybe he's in the process of moving to Sweden and doesn't have time to get back to you. I'm sure he will close the case in 2 months. What's the big deal?
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I wish I knew what half the comments inside threads meant...
    I love when things go sideways on an OP image
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I always do sig confirmation on this stuff but this time I didnt. I sent it with only 100.00 insured...

Insurance to the level of not requiring a signature was totally a waste and unnecessary here. Signature Confirmation was all that was needed. The seller knew it was needed. The seller always used signature confirmation. Are people so desperate to post a negative Ebay experience that they purposely set themselves up for problems like this.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nickie your from NJ right? >>

that wasn't smart
  • Like Storm said: File the insurance claim and see if the the buyer folds, hopefully the buyer will mysteriously find the item he didn't receive, or the buyer is telling the truth about not receiving the item and the item was delivered to someone else and the postal carrier can track it down otherwise you are out 150 to 250 depending how the post office handles the insurance claim.

it is strange that the buyer will not communicate with you , which throws bad light on the buyer in my opinion, because if I was the buyer , I would be working with the seller every way I could to help find the item.

Hope things work out for you, if not please let us know who the buyer was.

<< <i>.......Hope things work out for you........... >>

I disagree 100% with this sentiment, and personally wish you nothing but problems and financial loss with every transaction you attempt in the future.

You're less than a piece of garbage, and a scammer. You are no better than Gary.
    Means a lot coming from my old love toy nickie.
    Miss you my pet.
  • What the hell is going on here?
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the hell is going on here? >>

Ancient Chinese Secret

• << <i>I wish I knew what half the comments inside threads meant...
    I love when things go sideways on an OP image >>

Same here. It's like walking into a movie an hour after it starts image
    namn thinks I riped off mickey71 50.00 over 3-4 years ago I think. And he still lives on it. he might say its something else or just say Im a scammer but its all the same.

Breakdown of it.
    2007-2008 Im moving to sweden(hints all the jabs about sweden) so i list on here some groups of raw cards.
    They all sell.
    Im getting all my stuff in order before I move to sweden.
    I take 2 weeks to mail out some of the packages.
    So people on here are going nuts bc it was 2 weeks to get a package.
    Well mickey71 gets his package finally from me and the cards are not in the condition he likes. So he gives the cards to his kid he told me and I refunded him the full 50.00.
    Somehow I a am a scammer in nickies eyes. But I really dont care about that he doesnt seem to really buy cards that much.
    But Ive never meet namn nor did he have a part in the transaction.
    But he needs something to do.

And the lesson learned was just keep people informed and you wont have other idiots jumping in. And mail the day after or day of payment recieved.
    Tear

• << <i>

<< <i>.......Hope things work out for you........... >>

I disagree 100% with this sentiment, and personally wish you nothing but problems and financial loss with every transaction you attempt in the future.

You're less than a piece of garbage, and a scammer. You are no better than Gary. >>

I may be somewhat new here but since I joined I have yet to find one positive post from you. Yet, I have seen many that you were just being a complete bag o' douche. I imagine I do not know the whole story here and apologize for my lack of knowledge, but it looks really bad for the new guys or gals that join here when half the people that post get blasted as soon as they hit reply.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Handyman refunded my money. As far as the cards not in the condition I like....they were described as NM-MT and there were 5-6 cards jammed in Card Saver and were mostly damaged and creased.
    You were leaving for Sweden for years (maybe forever, who knows), and fully planning on ripping everyone off. One person came out, then another, then another. Then someone said they were gonna come to Texas t o look for you, and all of a sudden you came clean. You were so pissed about having to refund, that you shoved 6 or 7 "supposedly" NM-MT cards into 1 card saver and mailed them.

The original thread with all the details outing you was poofed a long time ago, so you can re-write history however you want, but I will step on your threads every chance I get.
    A wiskey and coke cost 120kr
    How long do you think that 50.00 would last?
    Also Read last post.
    Thanks nickie , forgot you were with me all the way. You werent suposed to tell them my plan. Geezzzz. Those 2 1/2 wiskey and cokes would do well now I guess. Anybody got 50.00?
    Ohh well I guess I made off well?? How much did I end Up with? 0.00 and let them keep the cards I damage by placing them in to small of cases. Looks like I lost but keep up the great work nickie and cant wait till you hit that amazing 10,000 post mark!
    Great job!!
    "you were leaving for Sweden for years (maybe forever, who knows), and fully planning on ripping everyone off."
    If i were planning on doing why did I just not do it then? Hugh? If i was leaving to sweden with all this loot why not do it? I was slow on sh bc I was renting my place. Changing over all my stuff, packing, getting my visa squared. I dont think I had all the time in the world. But I made good with every single person and some I gave some extras two, Including a raw 1979 Walter payton that graded a 9 ron said which books for 75.00 and he bought about 40.00 from me. Can you name 1 person I ripped off? And how much? Open your eyes. Its kind of sad what your view is when you had no part in it other than hear say. Which it seems you are the one saying or providing all these facts that you hear in your head. Seems deeper than this and more about yourself.
  • I had a successful trade with handyman.

<< <i>I had a successful trade with handyman. >>

Do you mean the trade in this thread where, to quote the board member hammered, "you sent Handyman a Murray rc worth $50, and he sent you a Murray rc worth $25?"

• << <i>

<< <i>I had a successful trade with handyman. >>

Do you mean the trade in this thread where, to quote the board member hammered, "you sent Handyman a Murray rc worth $50, and he sent you a Murray rc worth $25?" >>

Yeah, and then I sold the card supposedly worth only $25 for $94 and the guy who bought it from me then sold it for like $61 or something like that. Because, I mean, any qualifier automatically knocks any card down two full grades no matter what and its value should be reflected accordingly..... and no matter how many times that card sells for over $50-60 it will always be due to ignorant buyers who don't know better, not because the card is actually worth that much. Don't buy the card, buy the holder. Any 9Q card is automatically the same as a 7NQ always. Someone ought to teach these ignorant buyers the facts before they're allowed to bid and drive prices up on crappy cards.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and then I sold the card supposedly worth only $25 for $94

Did you sell it on ebay? I didn't see any 9OC Murray sell for $94.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • So Handyman you have some angry fans here...

You sent cards 2 weeks after they were paid for, which only a terribly sick family member(spouse, children), personal injury or hard core sickness would even be close to acceptable. Natural disaster etc.

Then the cards that were sent weren't in the condition as stated, and to top it off you put them all in one case???

That's like the other thread where someone sent cards in a 250 ct box. And that was the mail piece? Why do people not take care of their cards?? Especially when being sent. Just asinine.

You really don't have any say in that conversation, zero defense. The Murray I have no idea, but doesn't sound like a good transaction either. If a newer person comes out and says your posts suck all the time, then maybe it's time to get involved in a positive/educational post.

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"

• << <i>Yeah, and then I sold the card supposedly worth only $25 for $94

Did you sell it on ebay? I didn't see any 9OC Murray sell for $94. >>

Yeah it was on ebay, but it was almost 3 months ago.

• << <i>The Murray I have no idea, but doesn't sound like a good transaction either. >>

Hello? I just said it was a good transaction. We both knew exactly what we were getting and handyman put extra free cards in it for me. How does that not sound good? Just because some 3rd party doof who wasn't even part of the deal decided to chime in that I was making a financial mistake by trading a 8NQ for a 9Q doesn't mean handyman did anything wrong.

I've been on this forum less than a year, and I don't know the entire history here so I'm not going to comment on it. All I can do is describe my personal experience dealing with Derek, and it was good.

FWIW, I provided links to the Murray 9(PD) card in question on the afternoon of April 29. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=815245
  • Good you had a positive experience as long everyone is happy, great.

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>may be somewhat new here but since I joined I have yet to find one positive post from you. Yet, I have seen many that you were just being a complete bag o' douche. I imagine I do not know the whole story here and apologize for my lack of knowledge, but it looks really bad for the new guys or gals that join here when half the people that post get blasted as soon as they hit reply. >>

I agree.....my very first post on here (after the one stating I was new to the board), I was asking for advice on some PSA graded cards (1961 Fleers) that the buyer states that PSA got the grades wrong and wanted to refund (PSA graded them PSA 8 & 9's with the (OC) qualifier). The POS buyer cracked them out and then sent me back empty slabs in an attempt to get his money back and keep the cards. Good old boy Nam took it upon himself to say the I was the con artist, and that I was fabrciating everything up in my mind. He then invited the POS buyer here to chime in and put in his two cents on the transaction. The whole thing was quite laughable. It left a bad taste in my mouth that Nam would stoop to that level, and I am glad I am not the only one who sees the fact that he NEVER has anything positive to say. He must lead a miserable life.

<< <i>........I imagine I do not know the whole story here and apologize for my lack of knowledge............ >>

Apology accepted.
    Here is the thread bobby is talking about, and as usual, the dope has all his info wrong.

I didn't respond to that thread until the 112th post, and never said a word about you being a con artist. Get someone to help you re read the thread and you'll see that you're a moron.

Now if you want to talk about bobby being a POS con artist you'll have to reference this thread.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are three sides to every story; yours, mine, and the facts.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    - dont let bygones be bygones, especially over this huge amount of money...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    See namn the way you treat me I know you really feel Im a scammer I guess. But its bc you really want to beleive you made a difference with your 9,000 plus post in just a very short period of time. You do make a difference but you also make mistakes as well is what Im trying to say.
    MOve on and do better the next time.

I read over what you said when you called me a scammer and said you stoped me from ripping off everyone because it was brought up here. Thats what your looking for that your relief I think. Great. More power to you. I think I understand you know.
    I wont care what you say as I understand you know.

<< <i>See namn........ >>

Whew, that was a close one. I thought he was talking to me for a minute.
    Well contacted him 4 times and no response even though I have insurance I issued him a full refund in order to not get a strike on ebay.
    So I gave the thief 265.00 for his troubles I guess.
    But what goes around comes around.
    Oh and Im uping my SH price by .80 to make up for it for a few months
  • "Who can take your money, and duck you till you smolder.
    Then after you embarrass him he shoves 10 cards inside 1 holder.
    The handyman, oh the handyman can.
    The handyman can cause he doesn't care about you, and he is no good.

The handyman makes, all the deals that he partakes, unsatisfying and malicious.
    He trolls around and looks for fishes, and everything he does is suspicious.

Who can hide in Sweden, then come back like we forgot.
    He tries to blend back in, but now his reputations shot.
    The handyman can cause he doesn't care about you, and he is no good."

NAM812image

• << <i>"Who can take your money, and duck you till you smolder.
    Then after you embarrass him he shoves 10 cards inside 1 holder.
    The handyman can cause he doesn't care about you, and he is no good.

The handyman makes, all the deals that he partakes, unsatisfying and malicious.
    He trolls around and looks for fishes, and everything he does is suspicious.

Who can hide in Sweden, then come back like we forgot.
    He tries to blend back in, but now his reputations shot.
    The handyman can cause he doesn't care about you, and he is no good."

NAM812image >>

Why use an alt to post this? It's tacky and totally detracts from the silly message it's trying to send.
    Good luck on 20,000 post now nickie
    I wrote the words to that song a long time ago in this thread, so I obviously do not need to make up an alt to post it here. I would have just bumped my old thread.

Whoever made the alt and copied/pasted my song into this thread must have an axe to grind with handyman over a deal gone bad. Sadly, that could be any one of many many people.

• << <i>I wrote the words to that song a long time ago in this thread, so I obviously do not need to make up an alt to post it here. I would have just bumped my old thread.

Whoever made the alt and copied/pasted my song into this thread must have an axe to grind with handyman over a deal gone bad. Sadly, that could be any one of many many people. >>

Interesting how you responded though. One thing I noticed a long time ago is whenever someone uses the words "honestly" or "obviously" before stating a supposed fact, the stated facts are usually anything but.

<< <i>.......One thing I noticed a long time ago is whenever someone uses the words "honestly" or "obviously" before stating a supposed fact, the stated facts are usually anything but. >>

You noticed that a long time ago huh? Well bully for you.
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.