Home Precious Metals
Options

what to sell?

thinking of taking a little profit today and was wondering what would be to my benefit.
I have $100.00 face of each, dimes ( 50% mercs 50% BU rosies) quarters, halves ( mostly walkers)
what to hold what to sell ? ( a little SHTF mentality but not much lol.)
at $49+ should I expect at least 32X face?
Matt.
Successful Transactions.
Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I would sell the junk, dirty, and damaged coins first. If they are all similar, then I would sell the quarters. Halves are definitely the most collectible, and I like dimes for trading for loaves of bread.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    Agreed,

I'd sort by grade first - then by dimes.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At today's price of silver...your so called "collectible coins" are valued no more than the "ugly" bullion coins. You'd get the same price. 32 x melt is fair....33 x melt is better....34 x melt is great... 35x melt...jump at it.

Hold on to the "collectible ones" for your Grand kids. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Dump the worse condition 90% first and dump the better stuff last.

I would dump roosies first, then mercs, then quarters, then franklin and kennedies, then wlhs last.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Rosies first, quarters next (assuming they're Washingtons), Franklins/Kennedys next, with a possible hold on the Mercs and WLHs. I take the approach of selling a portion at a time, figuring I'm never going to know when the top has been hit. As for how much times face; I would check several places before selling (some are still paying below 25).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you get a pretty good consensus in just a few posts... don't sell your core/emergency stuff... it's priceless.
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.