Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So... I spoke with a guy who wants 300 grand for a collection... The inventory is 94 pages long

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The Big Apple? >>

Too bad you don't check the phoenix ad... Oh wait you couldn't find it because it is how I described, 4 pictures with an extremely vague description.

Since you're all so high and mighty here is the ad I contacted him from

Vague Ad >>

The eBay seller I linked to had the exact same list (in his Chicago and Dallas auctions) that you had in your first post on this thread. Are you telling me it's not the same guy?
  • Options
    I'm sure it is the same guy...

It's difficult to reword something and post it in a different place though.
  • Options
    e64mtde64mtd Posts: 104
    Sean1125
    Veteran

Thursday March 31, 2011 8:49 AM (NEW!)

Still doesn't explain why people take time out of their busy day to be a**holes.

Like this below? ;-)

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=806111&highlight_key=y&keyword1=gretzky

e64mtd

Sunday February 13, 2011 3:41 PM

Does anyone know if gretzky will sign his O-PEE-CHEE rookie (not autopen) and, if so, at what cost? How does one go about submitting the card to him if this is possible?

Sean1125
    Veteran

Sunday February 13, 2011 4:05 PM

I hear if you show up in person with a knife he will sign it.

-------------------------
    Successful Deals with: Goraiders, TmbrWolf22, Muggyman, Aric, ColtsFanInBaltimore
  • Options
    I don't see what point you are trying to prove?

I have terrible jokes image and a bad sense of humor?

That's not me being an a55 attempting to destroy anything you suggest or say.

Get it straight or get out, really getting tired of stupid and uneducated posts.

If I posted something like "Hey idiot why don't you contact his website to figure out where he signs"

Then I'd be taking time out of my day to be an a55. But I didn't.
  • Options
    e64mtde64mtd Posts: 104
    Just thanking you for taking time out of your busy day. That is all.
  • Options

<< <i>Just thanking you for taking time out of your busy day. That is all. >>

No problem any time you need a bad joke you can PM me.
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Costco, I love you.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    e64mtd - Very valid point. Hope you were able to get an answer to your original post. - Kevin M.
  • Options
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nolan ryan rookie uncut sheet craigs list $200

Is this a good deal? >>

if real, yes......could be a stolen scan

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Why even call him? To try to get him down to a more manageable $275,000? >>

lmao,.. greatness. >>

Still ignorant... It's difficult for someone to be vague with details, for example... 4 pictures and a 20 word ad. >>

I thought it was funny, sorry it was at your expense. I personally think phoning someone and wasting their time for no reason whatsoever is ignorant too.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Why even call him? To try to get him down to a more manageable $275,000? >>

lmao,.. greatness. >>

Still ignorant... It's difficult for someone to be vague with details, for example... 4 pictures and a 20 word ad. >>

I thought it was funny, sorry it was at your expense. I personally think phoning someone and wasting their time for no reason whatsoever is ignorant too. >>

<< <i>

Vague Ad >>

• Options
    It looks like he is selling a Babe Ruth pic and a live stingray.
    Text tradepage, including Heritage Chromes, SPs, and inserts - www.freewebs.com/heritagetrade

Photobucket - http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z142/heritagetrade/For Trade/
  • Options
    lol...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    sounds like a dog with fleas...I'm out on this one...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Great thread.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

lmao,.. greatness. >>

I thought it was funny, sorry it was at your expense. I personally think phoning someone and wasting their time for no reason whatsoever is ignorant too. >>

<< <i>

Vague Ad >>

>>

Sean, after looking at the add I admit I was wrong for saying it was ignorant to call.

This type of post doesn't really belong in this forum though. It's basically a spam even though you say you have nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭

<< <i>This type of post doesn't really belong in this forum though. It's basically a spam even though you say you have nothing to do with it. >>

Care to elaborate on your thinking?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'd like to see how many posts can be added to a thread where the central topic is a collection that nobody here has any intention of buying. I've added my '1'- please join me.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see how many posts can be added to a thread where the central topic is a collection that nobody here has any intention of buying. I've added my '1'- please join me. >>

i'd love to join you but unfortunately i've just been abducted by several dozen Swedish nymphomaniacs and i simply don't have the time.

+1
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I would give him $30

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Or is it Dallas? >>

I love that the Yankees jersey in the picture for this auction is a $20 replica.

Tabe
  • Options
    I'll join this thread! I need to get my post count up anyway to be taken more seriously.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    I have to say it since no one else has...the OP must be doing pretty well for himself if he's looking at 300k collections. I mean, just a few months ago he was a starving college kid looking for tuition money...unless he was going to lowball the seller--really lowball the seller.

Just a little grease for the fire image

sevendust
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I admit it, I was wrong.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I have to say it since no one else has...the OP must be doing pretty well for himself if he's looking at 300k collections. I mean, just a few months ago he was a starving college kid looking for tuition money...unless he was going to lowball the seller--really lowball the seller.

Just a little grease for the fire image

sevendust >>

Hey dipsh*t, we've been over this already, the ad posted was vague, with 4 pictures, and said leave them an email (And he called me off the email). There was no way for me to know he was gonna drop a 300k bomb on me. If you read through the thread you would have found out that someone already did man up and apologize for saying this, which at least he gets some respect out of. You on the other hand have selective eyes, read what you want to read, and try an insult which didn't work out too well.

If you must know, I actually got through that time, and I actually have built up quite a stock for myself with something to fall back on.

Seriously tired of the uneducated nitwit half read posts, dealt with this crap last night still haven't cared enough to deal with it this morning.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

lmao,.. greatness. >>

<< <i>

Vague Ad >>

>>

Sean, after looking at the add I admit I was wrong for saying it was ignorant to call.

This type of post doesn't really belong in this forum though. It's basically a spam even though you say you have nothing to do with it. >>

• Options
    Angry, angry young man.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the over/under number on the thread lock?
  • Options
    Watch out for that bus!
  • Options

<< <i>What's the over/under number on the thread lock? >>

Soon
  • Options

<< <i>Angry, angry young man. >>

We've been over this, yet he decided to make an ignorant post. He even stated he was adding to the fire, I threw some fire back image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What's the over/under number on the thread lock? >>

Soon >>

Hopefully
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You on the other hand have selective eyes, read what you want to read, and try an insult which didn't work out too well. >>

Sean

You may be the one that owes the apology. You did, after all edit your opening post.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭
    "The Bulls had me in for a four-hour psychological test, and the next day they went out and signed Dennis Rodman"

New Jersey Nets forward Jayson Williams on being courted by the Chicago Bulls, November 6, 1995
  • Options
    somewhere out there in cyberland, a madman is formulating a plan.....

"I will make up a list. Yes!! That's it!! A list!!!!! And it will include the most precious commodities known to mankind, but it will only be a list. Nothing more. Entire countries will wage fierce wars over this list, government leaders will be stripped of their powers and the New York Yankees will endure their most horrible period of non-contention since the late sixties. Positively evil. Over a list. Just a list!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Better than Armageddon!! Or abstinence!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options

<< <i>

Hey dipsh*t, we've been over this already, the ad posted was vague, with 4 pictures, and said leave them an email (And he called me off the email). There was no way for me to know he was gonna drop a 300k bomb on me. If you read through the thread you would have found out that someone already did man up and apologize for saying this, which at least he gets some respect out of. You on the other hand have selective eyes, read what you want to read, and try an insult which didn't work out too well.

If you must know, I actually got through that time, and I actually have built up quite a stock for myself with something to fall back on.

Seriously tired of the uneducated nitwit half read posts, dealt with this crap last night still haven't cared enough to deal with it this morning.

>>

WooHoo name calling. image

Congratulations on doing well. In this economy it's a blessing to be fortunate. Hopefully you never have to fall back on your stock.

Here is my point. You say you get a call from the guy in which he drops the 300k on you. Obviously the guy knows what he has and already knows what he is willing to sell it for. Instead of doing the right thing and saying 'hey, your collection is impressive but there's no way I can even be in your ballpark' you proceed to ask him for the inventory list and I'm sure you sent him several other emails/phone conversations etc. Now this seller sees he may have a potential buyer. In reality, you're wasting his time.

sevendust
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>I think you should hop on that deal before someone else does. >>

That's what she said.....image
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe set.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Another interesting Craig List find:

Selling of the rest of my collection.
    have complete sets left of 1984 topps,1986 fleer,1987 donruss also a few small sets of football 2009 rookies upperdecke and 2009 chicle topps set with 2 autos.Have a entire box full of star cards lots of steeler cards.Im not selling single and im not givingit away so im firm on the price.Im sure this lot would book for over 1500.00 will also trade for guns..<!-- START CLTAGS -->

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭

1998 New York Mets Rey Ordonez game worn pants

any chris everett game worn panties?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I have not been on these boards a long time, but you find out quickly who likes to argue.
  • Options
    5 pages... a bit of arguing... and no popcorn girl sighting... I'm so disappointed.
  • Options

<< <i>I have not been on these boards a long time, but you find out quickly who likes to argue. >>

no you don't.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have not been on these boards a long time, but you find out quickly who likes to argue. >>

no you don't. >>

I see what you did there!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This type of post doesn't really belong in this forum though. It's basically a spam even though you say you have nothing to do with it. >>

Care to elaborate on your thinking? >>

Well I have no problem believing Sean's claim that he has nothing to do with this seller. Having said that, this seller is getting alot of publicity here. This thread is about a collection that is in fact for sale... What I'm thinking is that this is a cards for sale add. I'm not sure why it needs discussing, but it is what it is. I'm not really bothered by that, I was just pointing it out.

<< <i>+1 for the Trent sighting >>

Hi Geordie, good seein ya. image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    can someone provide cliff notes here so I don't have to read the whole thread?
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>can someone provide cliff notes here so I don't have to read the whole thread? >>

Nope. We all had to suffer through it; now put on your big-boy shoes and wade in. image

Seriously, here's my summation:

1) OP make a vague post about a CL lot that he's not going to buy but that caught his eye at first.
    2) gunfight at the CU corral
    3) You arrive.

You owe me image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    thanks. I always miss the good threads.