Home U.S. Coin Forum

Legend / TDN's new SP65 Chain AMERI. - Well, I guess I should just give up!

renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
Spectacular coin that looks exactly like the way it should! I haven't felt this bad since Tom Cruise married the young Nicole Kidman! I mean, sure she was WAAAAAY out of my league, but I still resented him thoroughly for taking her off the market. Well congrats anyway!!! You Suck! image

Comments

• MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    IS that TDN's 20,000 post giveaway?!!? image

I hope I win!

What a great coins and piece of history!

Please tell me that is a die crack and not a scratch....
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    That will look good with that Small Eagle Half Dollar.
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a coin! I can only dream.

What's that going through OF on the reverse? A small planchet defect?
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yowza! image
    I've looked at it very closely and can't seem to find "COPY" on it anywhere. image
    Thanks for posting.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• WOW!!!!!!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the condition, I would think he was waiting at the mint when it was coined and has kept it ever since image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool... would be cool to see another pic of the coin though, something that would really show the coin's luster as the Trueview just doesn't do that. Must be impressive in hand image

Also, the cert verification of the coin says it's an MS65BN... not sure why the OP put it as an SP65??? Not that it matters too much anyways, that thing is da bomb!
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally insane coin. The hair looks sharp enough to cut skin.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    it's ok ---------------------------------------------------
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gorgeous.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic piece. WOW!!!

Roger
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine that Mr. Simpson is either very jealous, or has an even nicer one already!

Amazing coin. One that should not exist. Congrats.
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely stunning, congrats TDN image
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does one go to visit the TDN Museum? image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice - congrats! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy smokes!!!!! Look at that hair!

What is the provenance of that piece?.....It has to be pretty impressive.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But these are the kinds of coins that I want to collect - not for sale!!! >>

You and me both, brother. You and me both.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭
    TDN, congratulations!! But I have to ask, how the heck did you pull that one out of Georgia???
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Amazing coin!
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Look at the strands of hair!
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    What's with the high forehead of Miss Liberty? Not a very flattering design but a very impresssive coin nonetheless.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TDN, congratulations!! But I have to ask, how the heck did you pull that one out of Georgia??? >>

"The Coin" that is in the Stellar Collection in Georgia is the S-4 variety. This is the S-1 variety ... and [borrowing Contursi's logic] may very well be the first coin struck at the US Mint.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Amazing, TDN amazing :-)
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow! Look at the strands of hair! >>

Exactly what I was thinking. Just an amazing strike that shows the detail that went into the die making.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • raysrays Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Ameri is one of the most amazing coins in the entire US series. It is breathtaking. It is awesome. It is beautiful.

This is the kind of coin whose owners are caretakers for future generations of collectors to appreciate.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness, TDN you are a lucky man. Too get to hold and view this coin would be spectacular enough, but to actually own it--------------WHAAAAAT!!
    Congratulations, sir.
    Is their someplace one could view your type collection?
    Thank you, rmp, for sharing this fantastic, fantastic, fantastic coin photo with us.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please tell me that is a die crack and not a scratch.... >>

To those of you who were concerned with OF on the reverse: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

I'm glad to hear that it's an as-made planchet defect...but even if it was a staple scratch or a knife carving, it would not detract one bit from the beauty of this awesome coin!

Congrats TDN!
  • RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    Nice.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It's a SP65 ... the cert verification needs to be fixed. It has lovely semi prooflike mirrors combined with swirling luster. The picture shows the details, but not the life of the coin. The flaw through OF is on the planchet.

This deal was mine, so noone but me ever got a shot at the coin. I've already turned down several offers at a significant profit. But these are the kinds of coins that I want to collect - not for sale!!! >>

But could you turn down $32... cash? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, TDN. That's pretty much "it".image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Would you consider a trade for a state quarter set?
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow what a cent although I'm still focusing on the young Nicole Kidman comment! image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! She is gorgeous! I'll have to stick with my mutilated examples! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a SP65 ... the cert verification needs to be fixed. It has lovely semi prooflike mirrors combined with swirling luster. The picture shows the details, but not the life of the coin. The flaw through OF is on the planchet.

This deal was mine, so noone but me ever got a shot at the coin. I've already turned down several offers at a significant profit. But these are the kinds of coins that I want to collect - not for sale!!! >>

How long has the former owner been your neighbor and when did you discover he had coins like that? I find it ironic your neighbors ......:
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Very ironic! I moved to Las Vegas about 7 months ago ... and met him about a month ago. We are now golfing buddies.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Very ironic! I moved to Las Vegas about 7 months ago ... and met him about a month ago. We are now golfing buddies. >>

I suspect you paid his lifetime membership to the LV Country Club... don't answer that! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    SCHWING!!!!!
    I'll come up with something.
  • DaveEDaveE Posts: 367
    What an amazing GEM! Are you going to display the coin anywhere?
    I believe it's going to be displayed at the Summer ANA show
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it's going to be displayed at the Summer ANA show >>

That is fantastic ......
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people don't think that coin sucks even the teeniest little bit, but

YOU SUCK

Where's the guy that handles making that award official?

BTW, from the press release I'm guessing, since you did this deal through the company, that George picked up a nice piece of change.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

wow-you rock

maybe someday will you display it at a show? Id deff make it where ever to see that

wow

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>I believe it's going to be displayed at the Summer ANA show >>

sorry Bruce missed that image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    I clicked on this thread and the reply button a couple of times but couldn't think of anything to say.

The coin made me speechless. Rarely happens. image

What a magnificent coin.

Mike
  • FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very ironic! I moved to Las Vegas about 7 months ago ... and met him about a month ago. We are now golfing buddies. >>

One part of the story I'm not clear about.

You knew the coins existed and where they were ... or you only knew the coins existed?

Was it a case of ... of all the gin joints in all the world ... ??

That would be cool!

• ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    An amazing coin, congratulations! Amazing surfaces for a coin that old. Quite a coincidence finding a neighbor with the coin.

Too bad the portrait on the obverse is almost as ugly as the Eunice Kennedy Shriver commem. I guess most people can get past that for such a numismatic rarity,

Thank you for sharing!
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great treasure -- hope to see it when it's displayed. Any information on the full provenance? I am guessing there's some distinguished owners along the line.
    Well, I now see there's a whole other thread on this coin and others. It's great that you're sharing these images of the coins here on the forum.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file