Home Precious Metals
Options

whats the possible price of 7oz Engelahrd loaf bar

Hi and thanks ahead of time to all that respond
I recently bought a 7oz loaf bar pictured below...would this bar bring a premium because they are harder to find??? also what is your idea on selling price????
thanks so much

Comments

• Options
    From my experience, having sold a multiple of these....and the equally rare 4oz bar....the bar will usually sell for 2x - 4x melt. So figure $450 on the low side, and as much as $700 or $800 on the high side. List it on ebay....1 cent to start...no reserve for best results.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like something that would have to be sold on eBay to get full value. I doubt that the local B&M coin shop dealer would offer much more than melt.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Sounds like something that would have to be sold on eBay to get full value. I doubt that the local B&M coin shop dealer would offer much more than melt. >>

This is exactly correct.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like something that would have to be sold on eBay to get full value. I doubt that the local B&M coin shop dealer would offer much more than melt. >>

This is exactly correct. >>

That's true with 99% of all bars...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is exactly correct. >>

That's true with 99% of all bars... >>

That's because most bars are only worth melt or a small premium over melt.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    But if a B&M wanted to sell one to you, they'd charge you the multiple gecko talked about. There's a dealer locally that has several of these in his showcase and when I inquired about them, he said they aren't even for sale. He has them in the showcase for looks. But i'm sure if I offered stoopid money, he'd sell. That's what he means "they're not for sale."
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From my experience, having sold a multiple of these....and the equally rare 4oz bar....the bar will usually sell for 2x - 4x melt. So figure $450 on the low side, and as much as $700 or $800 on the high side. List it on ebay....1 cent to start...no reserve for best results. >>

I'm a buyer of the 4 oz and 7 oz bars whenever I come across them. I do better at shows then anywhere else. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>From my experience, having sold a multiple of these....and the equally rare 4oz bar....the bar will usually sell for 2x - 4x melt. So figure $450 on the low side, and as much as $700 or $800 on the high side. List it on ebay....1 cent to start...no reserve for best results. >>

I'm a buyer of the 4 oz and 7 oz bars whenever I come across them. I do better at shows then anywhere else. MJ >>

What do you usually have to pay at shows for these bars? Which is rarer---the 4oz or the 7oz bars?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm a buyer of the 4 oz and 7 oz bars whenever I come across them. I do better at shows then anywhere else. MJ >>

What do you usually have to pay at shows for these bars? Which is rarer---the 4oz or the 7oz bars? >>

I do not come across them often and I would say the rarity is about the same. Car's/AgBlox turned me on to these a awhile ago. Maybe, the 4 ozers are a little tougher? I've
    paid in the low to the middle of Phil's range. I've also paid a lot lower once and much higher once ( I was uninformed at that time)

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall a 4 oz Engelhard bar sold for over $500 on eBay within the last 6 weeks. A 7 oz Engelhard could easily do as well.