Home Precious Metals
Options

What's going on with silver?

dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
It is down over 5% today and dropped about 3.5% in a few minutes.
> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
>

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

Comments

• Options
    Profit taking? Normal fluctuations in prices of a volatile commodity? Correction?

Take your pick.
  • Options
    Goverment control! keep stacking silver the dollar is a lie.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    The metals as well as crude dropped sharply following rumors that Gaddafi had been shot and killed.
  • Options
    Looks like a buying opportunity to me.
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The metals as well as crude dropped sharply following rumors that Gaddafi had been shot and killed. >>

That's what I was looking for. I knew it had to be a news event. Do you have a source?
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    The 'source' as reported by CNBC was some minister from Libya, but it's just a rumor at this point.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The metals as well as crude dropped sharply following rumors that Gaddafi had been shot and killed. >>

That's what I was looking for. I knew it had to be a news event. Do you have a source? >>

It has not been confirmed by any reliable sources....stay tuned.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Picked up 5 Silver Eagles at the local B&M today for $33/ea. Good timing for me

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I am buying on this little dip if I can find some bargains.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for every dictator that gets shot the price of silver drops $2? Did they get his son all other like-minded successors as well?

Seems silver lost some momentum towards the end of the Comex session. And then from there the banksters and co. sensed the opportunity to finally get it below $32.70 again and
    piled on. Increasing oil and silver margins finally taking their toll. Johnny-come-lately longs getting squeezed today and exiting at the first sign of a turn. Futures volume on the downturn was low suggesting it was specifically done after hours to run the stops....a standard JPM tactic. But...the volume on GLD, SLV, and the miners was certainly sufficiently large.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can almost guarantee you that silver will be volatile. I'm not concerned about a drop in silver at this particular time. Not at all. Heck, they haven't even voted on the continuing resolution to keep the government running yet. It's not as easy to get yerself off the slippery slope once you are sliding down it at 45 mph.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was also extremely overbought...........you have not seen the last of 5% daily swings...............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I am buying on this little dip if I can find some bargains

not quite yet for me.

It was also extremely overbought

more than extremely imo. The next leg down could go to $28 easily. I'm sittin back and waiting for now.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was also extremely overbought...........you have not seen the last of 5% daily swings...............MJ >>

I had ZSL all lined up to go this morn, but was scared. Shoulda known better, "When scared the most, buy the most".

BTW---How come nobody asked whats going on with silver when it went up for 14 of 17 days for 29%?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It was also extremely overbought...........you have not seen the last of 5% daily swings...............MJ >>

I had ZSL all lined up to go this morn, but was scared. Shoulda known better, "When scared the most, buy the most".

BTW---How come nobody asked whats going on with silver when it went up for 14 of 17 days for 29%? >>

We was to busy celebratingimageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

BTW---How come nobody asked whats going on with silver when it went up for 14 of 17 days for 29%? >>

I "asked" after 14 days up and got my butt singed with a 3% loss last Thursday morning. Good thing I didn't stick it out for the full 17% drop that followed. Yeah, ZSL was up 9% today if you have the kahunas to short this silver bull. For now, silver broke well above the downtrend line formed by the Dec and January peaks. Today's action brought it right back to re-test that downtrend line. Whether it breaks or not is anyone's guess. I was really scared with ZSL Thursday morning when it fell through the 9.00 barrier. Glad I didn't buy more.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 'source' as reported by CNBC was some minister from Libya, but it's just a rumor at this point. >>

Still no confirmation. It is unfortunate Hell does not have a website listing "new arrivals".
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <I had ZSL all lined up to go this morn, but was scared. Shoulda known better, "When scared the most, buy the most">

I'm scared that you were scaredimage

I wanted in on a silver short trade at a breakdown of $33.00. Boy did it breakdown at $33.00. It moved fast. I'm in Mexico and just missed it. Frankly, I may of passed this trade as well.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......