Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need a picture of your favorite coin, token, or medal for a project I'm thinking of (have all I ne

Comments

• Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely 1812 half eagle, Baley. Thanks.

illini420- awesome Barber half, but I worry about how it will look when reduced in size. A grey coin would've perhaps worked better for this purpose, but we'll give that one a go.

BG- thank you- that will be our Buffalo nickel.

savoyspecial- thanks for the edit. That Pittman Mexican goldie is precisely the one I was hoping you'd use.

Savoyspecial brought up a good question regarding the copyright on TrueView images. The copyright belongs to the owner of the coin and not PCGS, right? So surely I'm OK to use the TrueView images here, since the owners posting them have consented?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

imageimage
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    How about a Franky
    ED
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a medal and a coin old friend.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    AnkurJ- think I'll use the gold Pan-American, thanks.

Edscoin- I'll try to use your Frankie but I don't know if the toning will work.

JRocco- unfortunately, we've already got Papal and Cathedral medal covered, and those pictures are a tiny bit dark anyway. The Capped Bust half is covered, though I'll use your Bust half as an alternate if AuroraBorealis' MS67* doesn't work. (I think his will work, though). Feel free to edit and post a different choice and/or alternate if you like.

Edit to add- of course both of your pieces qualify as "eye candy". They're just not the right ones for this stage of the mystery project, that's all.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Here is my favorite medal. done in silver.

Obverse

Reverse

Posative Transaction as Buyer: Aherensdad, cwazzy, ciccio, mkman,dropdaflag

www.NebraskaSilverCoins.com

Seller, SamByrd, HTubbs
  • Options
    duxbutt- VERY cool medal (a nude woman AND a skeleton? What's not to like?) Sadly, those pictures will probably not work. I could maybe get past the non-uniform sizes but the lighting issues I'm not so sure about.

Edit to add: I'll try, though.

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I knew this thread was going to be off the charts...Some amazing stuff and can`t wait to see what you have up your sleeve "Lordmarcovan" and that ancient Denarius of yours is a very cool treasure... image

ABimage
  • Options

<< <i><< "CertifiedGoldCoins- a little shadowy towards the bottom of the obverse, maybe, but I'll try it." >>

If that doesn't work, try an ancient from my Web site (link in my sig.)

Good luck with your project! >>

Thanks. I like your Athenian Owl, but I'm not so sure the pics would work. Would it be OK to use your silver Libertas Americana?

imageimage

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this crazed Peace lady from cohodk!!! image

Edited to add:
    Does this SLH work for you Lord M???

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This example is a little higher grade but not a DDO and certainly not toned like the 1931-D DDO in MS65FB.
    The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    Goldbully- as with the otherwise-gorgeous PR peso that Filamcoins posted, I fear the toning on your Peace dollar is just touch too thick and heavy to work for my purposes here.

keyman64- that toning's just not my cup o' tea, I'm afraid, and it would be hard to show the doubling on that coin in a small picture. (Edit- I like your edit, though.)

But thank you both, and if you've got other contenders or alternates, feel free to edit your posts and add them.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many coins and so few choices. Lotsa nice ones, but this 1941 PCGS ms66 rocks.

Have fun with our coins. image

Seller's pic.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a nice example of a Liberty Nickel PCGS MS65..........will she do?

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have room for 'em, your lordship...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited my previous message. Non-Variety, Non-Toned, Higher Grade.
    The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    Goldbully has edited to give us our Seated half! (Yep, I think that might work- thanks)

BAJJERFAN has given us our Walker half!

drddm- of COURSE that V-nickel works! Nicely!

Weiss- though it ain't perfectly round (neither is my submission), I can't possibly refuse one of the world's first coins, now, can I? I'll make room for that one.

• Options
    Please feel free to edit and cut up as necessary image
    I hope this helps

Terry

• Options

<< <i>Goldbully has edited to give us our Seated half! (Yep, I think that might work- thanks)

BAJJERFAN has given us our Walker half!

drddm- of COURSE that V-nickel works! Nicely!

Weiss- though it ain't perfectly round (neither is my submission), I can't possibly refuse one of the world's first coins, now, can I? I'll make room for that one. >>

LordM, I bought her raw from Liz at JJ Teaparty.....and I quote: "Very desirable coin, will be valuable in the future."
    Thanks for your consideration, most holeyist!!!! image
  • Options
    I guess this is my favorite -

• Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine, but I got to take the picture!
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    I know you already have a Capped Bust Half, but if the 1832 doesn't work, here's one that fits the bill for "eye candy", don't you think?

Also, I don't think I saw a Reeded Edge CBH posted, so how about this one?

• Options

<< <i>I know you already have a Capped Bust Half, but if the 1832 doesn't work, here's one that fits the bill for "eye candy", don't you think?

Also, I don't think I saw a Reeded Edge CBH posted, so how about this one?

image >>

Dave, I'll call your 1837 beauty and raise with this 1838 reeded edge lady!!! image

My 1838 RECBH was originally graded AU53.
    I re-submitted to PCGS and got an AU55...I believe she is an AU58 all day!!! !! image
  • Options
    A different metal composition and look

• Options

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    Dave, I'll call your 1837 beauty and raise with this 1838 reeded edge lady!!! image

My 1838 RECBH was originally graded AU53.
    I re-submitted to PCGS and got an AU55...I believe she is an AU58 all day!!! >>

One thing is for sure Michael, your 1838 RECBH, is quite a looker!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of my favorite Conder tokens because of the extreme detail and high relief as well as the design.

and this is one of my favorite Indian cents because of the beautiful yet unique toning.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one of my favorites!
  • Options

<< <i>"Thanks. I like your Athenian Owl, but I'm not so sure the pics would work. Would it be OK to use your silver Libertas Americana?" >>

Yes, of course.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my favorite coin, but the Type of my favorite coin has already been locked down by Lord M. Having said that, I'm quite fond of this one...

• Options
    Stew- your pictures ain't workin.

Nice Bust halves, y'all, but you missed the boat, I'm afraid. Those are some real eyepoppers, though.

FilthyBroke- your jeton is in.

melvin289- cool Masonic love token. Y'all know how much I love love tokens (collect 'em myself), but 'fraid that just ain't right for this particular project, that's all.

fcloud- the stuff in your first post was fairly redundant with what's already been posted. Love your little Mexican goldie, but since Savoyspecial already posted a vaguely similar Mexican goldie, I will use your 1900 half eagle.

PennyLady- can't use your Conder, due to the NGC prongs gettin' in the way, but it's about time somebody posted an Indian cent. I will use that.

SkyMan- there's a damn fine Flyer, but once again, alas, the NGC prongs get in the way.

I only need another 12-15 coins, I think.

• Options
    Lord M,

What are you looking for in the 12 to 15 more coins you need? Just asking in case I or we can help.
    Good luck with the project.

Ron

<< <i>Stew- your pictures ain't workin.

Nice Bust halves, y'all, but you missed the boat, I'm afraid. Those are some real eyepoppers, though.

FilthyBroke- your jeton is in.

melvin289- cool Masonic love token. Y'all know how much I love love tokens (collect 'em myself), but 'fraid that just ain't right for this particular project, that's all.

fcloud- the stuff in your first post was fairly redundant with what's already been posted. Love your little Mexican goldie, but since Savoyspecial already posted a vaguely similar Mexican goldie, I will use your 1900 half eagle.

PennyLady- can't use your Conder, due to the NGC prongs gettin' in the way, but it's about time somebody posted an Indian cent. I will use that.

SkyMan- there's a damn fine Flyer, but once again, alas, the NGC prongs get in the way.

I only need another 12-15 coins, I think. >>

• Options

<< <i>Lord M,

What are you looking for in the 12 to 15 more coins you need? Just asking in case I or we can help.
    Good luck with the project.

Ron >>

Just somethin' pretty that isn't similar to anything already posted. The toned coins are beautiful but I have a sneaking suspicion some of them are going to be difficult to use. For that reason, lighter to medium-colored coins might be best.

• Options
    Hi Lord,

hope that any of these two fits.

Edited: Ups... I posted a octangular coin - fixed that with my 1947 Lincoln.

• Options
    Dealer's picture but I bought the coin.

Ron

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you prefer un-toned silver coins for your project, so here's one of my favorite silver-colored SL Halves, if you can use it.

Do you need a Columbian Half?

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    Deagle74- I've got one of those "Freedom America" pieces, too! Think I'll use your Lincoln cent, though. Amazingly, we got this far without one.

melvin289-Arkansas half will work. Thanks.

thisnamztaken- we've already got Seated half covered, but thanks. That's a nice grey one. I'll use the Columbian, though.

• Options
    I ONLY NEED FIVE MORE COINS, NOW! No... make that six.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1856 Princess
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭
    How about a Baktrian tetradrachm then?

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and an alt:
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    You want one out of here? I can shoot them individually if you like?

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I can't see what has been posted because many photo sharing sites are block from work. So, I'll just post a few random coins...

• Options
    Here's one I just sold...

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file