Home Precious Metals
Options

Ridiculous eBay PM auctions - Build your seller exclusion list here!

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
Like many of you , I am an active PM buyer on Fleebay. Over the years I have refined the searches down to
the precise material I am seeking. However, there are sellers who will list PMs I seek but at prices that
go beyond strong and into bizarrely greedy, uniformed or in need of medication to curb compulsive urges to
list items at prices that appears as type Os.

All kinds of reasons actually. In fact recently, one such compulsive lunatic who goes by the id "digital-pocket-scale" has
massively infected silver PM listings with over 100 variances of "5 grain silver bar" auctions.

That earned instant membership in the exclusion list and my results are back in harmony.

However some sellers list many items you would otherwise buy, just the price appears to be a desperate attempt to pay their mortgage and save the family from the streets..

here is this weeks "instant exclusion list membership nominee" KENCOR7

For his performance in: Its just a regular $15 5 gram JM bar bunghole

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    He's one of my favorites...image

I like the 10oz JM and Engelhard bars for $70-100 over spot.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greed is good, just so we are clear.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>greed is good, just so we are clear. >>

As a staunch free market guy myself, I cast no aspersions on greed.

Free association allows buyers to come together...point and laugh and further take steps to avoid commerce.

I submit that those free market powers stand tall over the necessity of greed.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    All of kencor7's stuff is overprice common bullion stuff!!

I tried making some offers on his stuff a while back and he would come down a couple of bucks. image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Considering the EBAY/PayPal fees that must be paid, what
    is the "reasonable" markup over spot/melt for bullion items?

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I was chastized on the US Currency link years ago for suggesting that we build a seller exclusion list. Smarter heads pervail here. Forewarned is forearmed. I guess there are more ebay sellers on that board.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's been on my "do not buy from this seller" list for years. All, I mean all of his auctions, mostly BIN's are way overpriced. I'm surprised he's still in business.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    This is a really sad thread. The concept is not bad, but the criteria to determine who to "exclude" should be based exclusively on performance rather than on simply asking prices. If a particular seller is known to sell items he does not own (until you buy it from him and he then buys it from another seller), or is a seller is horrendously late on shipping, or if he consistantly misrepresents items, or even tries to deceptively sell items that are not what they seem, THEN he is worthy of this witch hunt list. To simply ask for unrealistic prices on items does not make a seller worthy of such a list.

To compose a list of sellers and call it an "exclusion list" because they wont sell items at the prices YOU think they should is basically a smear campaign, and little else.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I agree with Phil. With your requirements for this list I would be on it and so would you. I've seen you list 1 & 5 gram silver JM bars for $30+ and only lower then when they go unsold multiple times.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Considering the EBAY/PayPal fees that must be paid, what
    is the "reasonable" markup over spot/melt for bullion items? >>

I agree. Frankly, if you don't like the price, move on.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Lately it seems if I do agree with the price 50+% of the time I have to file a claim to get my $$ refundedimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    True, performance based is good. But it is always going to be a matter of opinion and someone out there will always have a different one.

So, maybe it isnt a good idea?

edited for spelling.