• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard for me to decide but i venture a guess between these two... image

ABimage

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AB, how about a little warning before you post that Morgan, geez..............!

OP, nice Saint and Paul still love that Lafayette...............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    AB - You still need my SSN for your will. PM me! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    AB, It's not my series but I do love half dollars. That 1832 is one georgeous creation. It is drop dead beautiful.
    Of course, there's not an ugly coin on the page. Thanks to all for gracing my day with such beauty.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best image of one of my best. Todd did this one.
    Larry

• Options
    Sorry, no 4- or 5-figure coins in my collection, but here's a Merc I've had for a long time. Images taken by Todd at the FUN show.

- Bob

Successful BST transactions with: Tdec1000(2x), SeaEagleCoins, sweetwilliet, piecesofme, MICHAELDIXON, lkeigwin, Gerard, THEGENERAL, ponderit, pursuitofliberty, AnkurJ, kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats an easy one.

Followed closely by this beauty I just purchased from a board member. image

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lousy homemade photos, and not necessarily my best coins, but dealers drool and offer crazy money any time
    I show these:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine... picture complements of Messydesk.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to pick one..

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>Hard to pick one..

image >>

Those are GREAT coins Ankur and I am green with envy over those two. Every time I go to add similar 18th Cen Type pieces I end up thinking that i would tie up too large of an amount of money from my core collection and don't want to settle for subpar coin at a lower amount. Those are exactly the look and coins I would look for ecpt I might go for a double date on the 1795. Once again great collector coins.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some great coin and I think there are more to come
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
  • Options

Not sure if its my best coin but its my favorite, currently has a little green bean as well.

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    We'll that 32 half is super niceimage It would be my favorite for sure. Kind of makes my favorite 34 half look like a rusty washer.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the link but I really need to get with Todd to photograph this one

Linkie
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for the link but I really need to get with Todd to photograph this one

Linkie >>

1964 50C SMS (Special Strike) PCGS SP67

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry for the link but I really need to get with Todd to photograph this one

Linkie >>

1964 50C SMS (Special Strike) PCGS SP67

image >>

Thank you (and thank God for the computer-literate)!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    It seems as if I've had my top two or three on here alot lately, so I'll put one of my top five or so. I have to say that it looksso much better in hand, the color is very subtle.

PS I don't mean to infer that the photographer did a bad job, but it is the combination of color and luster that makes this coin what it is and I think it's pretty hard to capture that in an image.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Finest of 4 known

Edited to add another piece, since quite a few others couldn't narrow it down to one coin, either image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to choose.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted these earlier - the 2 coins I enjoy looking at most are the Oregon $5 and the 1861 Clark Gruber - both with original surfaces, great luster and finest or tied for finest at PCGS.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Best coin" "Favorite coin" or "Most valuable" For me they don't work out to the same piece ...

Most valuable 1808 quarter eagle

imageimage

Favorite coin 1795 half eagle

imageimage

"Second Favorite" 1800 half dime fully struck, MS-64

imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, I sure like the coins posted, especially the last 2 gold posts. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy, I sure like the coins posted, especially the last 2 gold posts. image >>

This one was on the short list:

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to choose. A couple a like a lot.
    Lance.

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool coin all
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Great thread! I don't have many pics of coins. But this my favorite and I do have a picture.image
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most valuable, but probably not favorite. It's PCGS MS64.

• Options
    Wow! I just love these kind of posts...Some amazing coins and thanks for the compliments on my favs...Waiting to see yours "commeman" image I have a strong feeling that yours starts with the letter "O"... image

ABimage
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

That's a beautiful Lafayette, Lehigh 96! image

Good to see you over here as well!
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Wow, everything from superb cameo proof Indian cents to monster colored Morgans to gem Saints, great thread!
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Define best?

My most valuable coin is a raw Morgan that I havent even seen in years, it's in a bank value in FL. I don't like Unc Morgans.

My most valuable coin that I stupidly bought is an NCS White NGC Full Head 1916 SLQ, I hate it.

My favorite coin is my crusty CircCam 1879 Half Dollar that wouldn't sticker.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Yep, tough choice between value and favoritism, so here's a couple:

imageimage
    NGC MS63 bust half

imageimage
    PCGS AU55 $2.50 gold (looks AU58)

PCGS 1909-S VDB MS63RB
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

I have lots of candidates but NO CAMERA!imageimage
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually the only coin I have.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the day - sometimes its the "C" and other times its the "D".

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, who knew this would turn into a Lafayette thread. Sorry AB, the O's are a distant second. I love everything about what the Lafayette is: date, history, design elements, size, only commem dollar, first president on a coin etc etc..........FYI- I don't collect gold but the pieces that are being thrown up in this thread are to die for.MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Truly a remarkable thread! Thank you, everyone.

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    That Lafayette is an incredible coin "commeman"... The design IS superb... image

AB image
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately some box of 20 material so far! image

I'm a fan of early copper so I'll go with this one today: image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list