Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Congrats to Bill Jones for 15,000 posts !!!! Let's see some nice type coins !!!!

Lets see'em
" YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Comments

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, congrats Bill. You have one of the nicest type sets I have ever seen and your knowledge of U.S. coins is top notch. I appreciate your candor when commenting on photos of my coins.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    image congrats Bill!

Edit to add a type coin which I know Bill would love!

Breen-6428, BD-4, High R.4. Bass-Dannreuther Die State c/d with two upper reverse cuds

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtg bill.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember doing business with Bill when he was doing the Nashua show. TOP-NOTCH!

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Bill. In the short time I have been on this forum, I have come to respect your comments and to admire your coins greatly. My collecting interests appear similar to yours but your knowledge level and your collection, are a cut above.

Tom

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill indeed has some truly great coins. Were Bill contributes the most in my view though is the knowledge he inputs. His post are always informative and truly helpful. I have learned a lot as a result as have many of us. Never any condescension just the willingness to share knowledge and experience, all though he could write the book on most of the coins we discuss here. image
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill indeed has some truly great coins. Were Bill contributes the most in my view though is the knowledge he inputs. His post are always informative and truly helpful. I have learned a lot as a result as have many of us. Never any condescension just the willingness to share knowledge and experience, all though he could write the book on most of the coins we discuss here. image >>

Well said. Bill is one of the best here. Never brags, never condemns always adds great insight into threads.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the highest percentage performers here in terms of useful market and technical info and thoughtful analysis.

Despite my NSHA I find myself better informed on a regular basis after reading his posts.

When he opens his mouth I listen.

I wish I did more often before opening mine (partially said to preempt extension of this particular line of discussion). image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Agree on all counts, Congrats on hurdling 15K!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys ...

I am overwhelmed. imageimage

I'm glad that my contributions here have added to your enjoyment of the hobby.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree - enjoy Bill's post very much. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have him here posting. Always informative. Always courteous. Usually always right.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill J is solidly in my Top 10 on the CU Forum. Thanks for all of your contributions!

imageimage
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys ...

I am overwhelmed. imageimage

I'm glad that my contributions here have added to your enjoyment of the hobby. >>

They do, and I hope you continue as they add to our knowledge as well.
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top shelf in many way's! image

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I have pics of anything worthy enough to post - but I whole-heartedly agree with the others that Bill is one of the top posters on a forum that is loaded with a lot of sharp, experienced numismatists. Congratulations on 15,000 posts, and looking forward to the next 15,000!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Bill's knowledge and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated by many on this board, especially me.

I would love to see all his 18th and 19th century type coins.

Go Bill!!!!
    Tom

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Here's to you, Bill! imageimageimage

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Bill for your many comments and most certainly your beautiful coins, medals and other memorabilia. I personally enjoy reading posts from such a knowledgeable forum member who is equally respectful of others' coin collections. You are one of the top fourm members here and elsewhere.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to chime in also ... CoinJunkie expressed that Bill is in his Top 10 on the forum ...

I will state the same ... for me there are about 10 to 15 members who post thoughts and comments that I truely value reading (and learning from), and Bill certainly is in that group.

Thank you for what you share and how you share it Bill ... hope to see many more!image

Now show us type junkies something kewl and make us all drool!! imageimage

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think I have pics of anything worthy enough to post - but I whole-heartedly agree with the others that Bill is one of the top posters on a forum that is loaded with a lot of sharp, experienced numismatists. Congratulations on 15,000 posts, and looking forward to the next 15,000! >>

imageimage

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file