Home U.S. Coin Forum

Interesting idea on coin shapes

I know it doesn't properly belong to the US Coin Forum but I though this idea was pretty cool, even though I doubt it could be feasible.

What do you think?

Mac Funamizu

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the vending machine and coin counter industries would complain to their representatives in congress.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting but there is not enough room for the dead president.

Rolling those in a coin counter might be fun to watchimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but it will never come to pass... too radical. Cheers, RickO
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Historically governments and others have avoided coins with sharp edges, like that half coin you have there. As for the coins with holes, that would involve a change in technology. It was coinsidered for gold dollars in the 1850s and dropped as an idea for that reason.

Overall I agree with the others. The vending machine industry would not be happy at all, and that would end the discussion.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    If you think the looks you get when you had the clerk a Ike/Sac dollar or a Kennedy half are bad, wait until you hand them one of these. Probably cause an aneurysm...
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    That quarter and half can hurt if you sit down with them in your back pocket! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Star Wars

"That'll be 5 credits"
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would make a cool set for fractional precious metal novelties (of which there are many that get nice premiums)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• << <i>Reminds me of Star Wars

"That'll be 5 credits" >>

More like "Spaceballs" and "space bucks".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file