Home U.S. Coin Forum

D. Carr final 1964-D Paeace Dollars...Gold Plated

13»

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Zubie, or anyone - are there 5 in the set, now? What's the official word?image >>

I can just see the Acurgrade five-coin slab now.........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • # 6323
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    6329 and I should hit it yesterday at 175. I got all but an ms63, which I wish I would of for a pocket piece. Oh well.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The MS63 does not qualify as a different variety, just man handled a little more!!!!
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Gee, and the gold plating would have preserved them if they became a shipwreck variety or a pre-toned variety.image
    Paul
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gee, and the gold plating would have preserved them if they became a shipwreck variety or a pre-toned variety.image >>

Doh! Why didn't we think of that before complaining so much? Never fear, when he releases the 1965s, we'll have another chance!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • The matte proofs from the photos look pretty remarkable. Given that they come close to the spirit of the old 1921 proofs (though there is no chance of someone mistaking one for the other), I'm even tempted to order one myself. I may not be able to get it graded or even holdered Genuine, but it might make for a nice conversation piece to show off along-side my Peace dollar set currently in the works.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    My Buddy just called to let me know these were available, he got 2 for his kids, Order # 6331...

• << <i>

<< <i>Gee, and the gold plating would have preserved them if they became a shipwreck variety or a pre-toned variety.image >>

Doh! Why didn't we think of that before complaining so much? Never fear, when he releases the 1965s, we'll have another chance! >>

The 1965s should be overstruck on 40% silver Ikes. image
  • I had to get a second Matte ...........,

order # 6337 ............

there can't be very many left ..........
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6346 - based on earlier posts, that might be the last one?? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 pcs left,,,, put a qty in your basket, if it is more than is available the site will tell you. Then reduce the qty until it takes it to find out how many are left for sale image
    GrandAm :)
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

<< <i>14 pcs left,,,, put a qty in your basket, if it is more than is available the site will tell you. Then reduce the qty until it takes it to find out how many are left for sale image >>

Couldn't that be how many are currently left that were minted, but does not mean how many more can be minted? DCarr already said he is making more. He hasn't made all of them yet.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>14 pcs left,,,, put a qty in your basket, if it is more than is available the site will tell you. Then reduce the qty until it takes it to find out how many are left for sale image >>

Couldn't that be how many are currently left that were minted, but does not mean how many more can be minted? DCarr already said he is making more. He hasn't made all of them yet. >>
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,,,,,,,,, I gues there is only (1) person who really knows for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
      GrandAm :)
    1. dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Couldn't that be how many are currently left that were minted, but does not mean how many more can be minted? DCarr already said he is making more. He hasn't made all of them yet. >>

I've only actually made 7 so far. I've sold a lot more than that (almost all the ones I intend to make).
      So I've got to get going on making them (all I have to do at this point is push the right buttons).
    2. Well, push those buttons friend. I'll be waiting by my mailbox
      successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
    3. JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ok, I broke down. Bought two. order ##6351. MJ
      Walker Proof Digital Album
      Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    4. JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
      And I do believe I bought the last two. Sold out......................I cordially request the last one be signed on the flip by DC and marked 1964 of 1964image

MJ
      Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    5. Not so fast MJ. His site doesn't say sold out yet. There is still a price listed. When things are sold out he usually puts "sold out" where the price was. He might have just taken them off to give himself time to catch up with the orders received.
      Then again maybe another price increase is about to happen. So please don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
      successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
    6. JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ah, mrcoin I was just calling messing around. You are correct that Out of Stock is the message displayed and after I made my last purchase it popped up. I'm sure DC will pop in here with the lastest news pretty soon......MJ
    7. My condolences to poor Capt Henway on being frozen out on the purchase of these great pieces. We know how you really really deep down inside wanted one.
      It's ok Tom, you will still have a chance on eBay later.image
    8. JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
      My extra one was for Tom......................MJ

9. << <i>My extra one was for Tom......................MJ >>

Good one. I know he'll cherish it forever. LOFL
    10. jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was thinking that Bill Jones and RWB might want one of these before they sell out as well.image
      Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    11. CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
      Nothing left but the 5 gold plated and colorized ones with Elvis on them for $200.
      Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    12. PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
      .....I'm getting me one of those
    13. NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>.....I'm getting me one of those >>

PP, you WOULD, if it were on one of the 'overstrikes', wouldn't you? lol
      I'll come up with something.
    14. PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
      ..you mean the "gold plated and colorized ones with Elvis on them for $200 " isn't ??
    15. I think someone just ruined Paul's PP dance
    16. CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My condolences to poor Capt Henway on being frozen out on the purchase of these great pieces. We know how you really really deep down inside wanted one.
      It's ok Tom, you will still have a chance on eBay later.image >>

I'm waiting for the bolo tie slide edition..........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    17. Don't do it Tom. If ya do, your neck and shoulders will slump forward from the weight and you'll look like a Vegas box man at the crap tables.
    18. NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
      Whatever happened to 'collect what you want' and 'have fun with your coins (in this case, exonumia)'??
    19. NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
      By the way....are the 'MS68 Individually Handled' specimens, that are the only ones left still being offered, from Die Pair 6 (I think they are, but need confirmation, which would make this full set a 7 'coin' set)? Thanks in advance.
    20. PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
      .........I am not sure image

but us hard core Fantasy Peace Dollar Fanatics must decide/determine just how many sub varieties there are .......

I haven't ordered any of the "bag handled " ones - and I vote that they do not constitute a variety ..........

and hey ; when is PCGS going to start grading them ?
    21. CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>......... just how many sub varieties there are ....... >>

Well, there's 6 inch, foot long, whole wheat, assiago cheese, anchovy........

22. MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm waiting on the 3" version.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    23. the D.Carr Peace Dollar controversy will seemingly never end ........... lets get them all to the top until everyone has has their fill and are plumb sick of the issue
    24. ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the D.Carr Peace Dollar controversy will seemingly never end ........... lets get them all to the top until everyone has has their fill and are plumb sick of the issue >>

Do you realize how silly and reactionary it looks to spam the same line into a bunch of threads and bumping them to the top?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file