Home U.S. Coin Forum

NOT REALLY INTO INDIANS-BUT I HAD TO GET THIS

al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
Just purchased this from a forum member, I collect Morgans but just the look of this made me get it. These are his photos that I purchased it from.

AL

Comments

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice.........I like the clash.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coin for your collection. You are now on your way to a complete type setimage
  • al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    I will probably end up trading it for a nice Morgan image
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I was so close to pulling the trigger on that one!! She is very nice! Congrats!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    Every collector should collect some coins they don't collect.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Beautiful coin!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice IHC.... Cheers, RickO
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>I will probably end up trading it for a nice Morgan image >>

just about every time I buy a coin not for my core set it ends up on the trading block often for a small loss. I have slowed down my non core buying and am in a much better place as a collector
  • garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Every collector should collect some coins they don't collect. >>

I agree, variety is the spice of something.
    I wouldn't trade this one if I had to lose. But yes I have done that before.
    Al
  • Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Love the clash! Nice...I can see why you had to have it.
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres not much wrong with that ihc, nice pick up
  • JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭
    nice coin!
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Nice piece of copper.
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin. Looks like a gem.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess I have a lot to learn about copper....

To me those darker areas on the high points would tell me break in luster and wear or rubs....

so if this was a bust half she would be AU 58..... better do some learnin before I try to invest in copper

Would love to own this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One prudy Indian
  • TevaTeva Posts: 830

<< <i>guess I have a lot to learn about copper....

To me those darker areas on the high points would tell me break in luster and wear or rubs....

so if this was a bust half she would be AU 58..... better do some learnin before I try to invest in copper

Would love to own this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One prudy Indian >>

You are talking some of that EAC heresy there!!
    It appers to be some toning and just a little carbon spoting on the reverse not wear.imo
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clash really rocks...the Kasbah...image
  • Red brown copper is hard to beat. That one is very nice! Thank you for showing it.

Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Very nice. Great luster and looks like a 65
    Thanks for all of the comments. I am considering trading for a nice Morgan since I don't collect these, like I said it just looked so nice I bought it. A few people have PM me about the holder? I have several Morgans in old olders like Doily and OGH but never have paid a premium except small Premium paid for the Doily.
    AL
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That indian is begging for a bean!
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure looks nicer than a 64 to me. High end RB too. What's not to like?
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    DOUBLE Clash !!!!!image
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very pretty coin! Nice eye appeal, good going especially for your first Indian cent!
    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one small carbon spot should not keep it out of a 5 holder. You typically see hits on the Indian's face and / or on ONE CENT in coins in 4 holders, and I don't see any on this one. Unless the coin's luster is just so-so, which does not appear to be the case from this image, as a matter of first impression, the coin appears to be undergraded.

This coin is a keeper. Another really good thing about RB IHCs is that they cost a fraction of a full RD in MS 65.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file