Home U.S. Coin Forum

2010 Silver Eagle Proof mintage estimates?

Just curious, they seem to only have sold for a couple months and most people seemed to be on the back order list the whole time. What say you?

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best guess ... about 1,000,000 (again, just a guess)

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    I think I have read 830,000.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I would have been 1,000,000 but with all the returns it will be about 750,000 and that is why they are going to change their return policy because of all the abuse.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• razzlerazzle Posts: 985 ✭✭✭
    I think I saw a final figure of 740,000, but I can't say I have any particular confidence in that.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • I was wondering if members on this board have an opinion on whether the mint 70 grades would be a good investment or not with the 2010 proof issues?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was wondering if members on this board have an opinion on whether the mint 70 grades would be a good investment or not with the 2010 proof issues? >>

BAD INVESTMENT However if you collect the series..As Bongo so eloquently quoted:

IF YOU BUY WHAT YOU LIKE, AT A PRICE YOU CAN AFFORD AT THE TIME, THEN THINGS WILL BE EASIER

IF YOU BUY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE, BORROW TO FUND IT AND EXPECT MULTIPLES OF RETURN, THEN YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE UNHAPPY

BONGO SAY NEARLY EVERYTHING DEPRECIATES OVER TIME.BONGO WOULD NOT PAY $500 FOR A SILVER BELL THIS XMAS AND EXPECT IT TO BE WORTH $550 NEXT YEAR. BUT BONGO KNOW A SILVER BELL IS NOT OLD COIN.

OR IS IT.

BONGO MAYBE NOT SURPRISED THAT OLD COIN IS LIKE ANY OTHER LIMITED NON ESSENTIAL COMMODITY AND SUBJECT TO THE WHIMS OF TASTE AND MARKET.

PUT THE COIN IN BOOK AND ENJOY IT.

IF IT IS WORTH MORE WHEN YOU COME TO SELL IT, WELL DONE

IF NOT, THEN YOU HAVE HAD ENJOYMENT OUT OF IT.

REMEMBER THAT OLD COIN IS ONLY WORTH FEW DOLLARS IN PHYSICAL MATERIAL VALUE - THIS IS WHY VALUE IS AN ESOTERIC CONCEPT IN MANY WAYS AND IT MAY BE VULGAR TO ASSIGN ANY MONETARY VALUE TO OLD COIN

UNLESS YOU ARE A RUSSIAN OLIGARCH OR CHINESE SHODDY GOODS FACTORY OWNER
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would have been 1,000,000 but with all the returns it will be about 750,000 and that is why they are going to change their return policy because of all the abuse. >>

I don't think they will change their return policy.

Just crack down on the outlaws.

Also, if a bunch of people claim "quality," they may be less inclined to call it abouse.

I had 3 or 4 with the similar dings in the same place, as did others. Something wasn't its usual 99% self.

and so goes my unbeaten record... al PR69s to date. image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2010 ASE is very nice..... no complaints at all. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file