Home U.S. Coin Forum

2011 Silver American Eagle - Limited Allocation Alert!

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks for the e-mail APMEX!

Another frenzy in the bullion silver market.
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• THE FULL EMAIL:

Have you secured your order of 2011 Silver American Eagles yet? Now is the time to act. We have received news that the U.S. Mint is limiting the allocation of 2011 Silver American Eagles to distributors. We will accommodate as many of our customers as possible, but it will be “first come, first served” for this beginning allocation.

We have been taking orders for the 2011 Silver American Eagles and will continue to do so as long as supplies last. If you would like to make this popular investment-grade silver coin part of your 2011 precious metal holdings, then don't miss this 0pportunity to place your order today!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tulving is selling the monster box for less, offers free shipping and isn't resorting to creating fear among the buyers.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• There should be plenty of these things to go around. If I were running the mint, we'd be making enough of these that they would stack to the moon a few times over. Enough fear mongering.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got that an hour ago as well.
    I am not sure I will be filling our SAE albums with the current year(s) at that price. image

Notice they now do something called "Mint Direct" where they seal the tubes to "prove" that the coins inside haven't been picked through and are "as is" from the mint.
    They seem to charge an extra $10/tube for this. Wonder what prompted it? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• These are going to be rarer than hen's teeth! The demand will be greater than the 5 oz ATBs!!! Preorder all you can. image
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tulving is selling the monster box for less, offers free shipping and isn't resorting to creating fear among the buyers. >>

But their website fouls up the white balance calibration of my retinas.
  • I think I will wait until, oh, September-October.....It should be obvious by then that there are PLENTY of these to go around...
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I will wait until, oh, September-October.....It should be obvious by then that there are PLENTY of these to go around... >>

At the price they list, it really isn't the "plenty to go around" issue....it's the price of silver.
    If silver stays up, the price won't change much.
    If it drops, then it is much better to wait.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Perhaps household limits should be put in place to be sure everyone who wants a Silver Eagle right now can have one? The whole puck issue basically boils down to supply and demand, what is to say that the example set with the pucks won't be applied to all bullion now if the demand is great enough? People who want to institute changes just love civil unrest.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I re-emailed AMPEX told them their emails are sounding like Coin Vaults, Robert Chambers more & more.

No reply yetimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The million $ question. I just knew in my heart that the price of silver would come down a bunch the day after ordering. I was even hestitant on ordering, but I also order the 5 rolls for our coin club that we hand out at our annual dinner in two weeks, so I went ahead and ordered monday am, to assure delivery in time. I next day air'd the certifed check tue am, and sure enough pow the price drops. Luckily I only ordered 14 rolls (in which Only 5 are mine) 5 for the club, and 4 to a freind. I should be the first in the area to have them in hand, so I can unload those quickly to order a larger deal, hopefully by then silver continues to drop back to at least 25 bucks, ???

Last year I ordered 4 monster boxes, and the price of the last two monster boxes was less than the 14 rolls I bought Monday.
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Last year there were "only" 30,000,000 produced...and 800,000 Proof! Very limited...

Maybe they are worried that the US Mint will kick them out of the AP friggin' club!
  • IMO, there should be a law passed so that the USM can directly sell bullion from their website. I'm done dealing with these AP jokers.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose they are telling the truth ...
    only 479 2011 Mint Direct rolls left for saleimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO, there should be a law passed so that the USM can directly sell bullion from their website. I'm done dealing with these AP jokers. >>

Unfortunately, a majority of AP's don't even want to be bothered with transactions under $100k, as such, you will not be missed.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are going to be rarer than hen's teeth! The demand will be greater than the 5 oz ATBs!!! Preorder all you can >>

I'm with timber100.
    The time to act on these is NOW.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>These are going to be rarer than hen's teeth! The demand will be greater than the 5 oz ATBs!!! Preorder all you can >>

I'm with timber100.
    The time to act on these is NOW.

image >>

My action will act immediately at the current time!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Tulving is selling the monster box for less, offers free shipping and isn't resorting to creating fear among the buyers. >>

But their website fouls up the white balance calibration of my retinas. >>

I visit tulving.com regularly; My computer monitior used up all of its yellow!

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing but hype.....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file