Home U.S. Coin Forum

"Please do not say anything negative about them. The return period is long past."

RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are two dirty gold coins that I do not believe that I previously posted...since I just rediscovered the images on my computer. One No Motto, one With Motto:

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to call the first one an EF-40 before I saw the holder, so being withing 5 points is okay. The second one is about nice as you are ever going to see for a 19th century $10 gold in VF-30.

Congratulations!
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    iwantthemboth
  • ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    if anyone did say anything negative would that make you wish you wouldnt have bought them ??
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fellow who posted the question about the 1853 eagle in another thread on this site should take a look at these two pieces.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • If you are unhappy with the 56-O, I'd be willing to take it off your hands- dirty as it is and all.
  • They look pretty good to me. I sometimes get interested in collecting gold.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not dirt, that's history!
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if anyone did say anything negative would that make you wish you wouldnt have bought them ?? >>

Of course, not. These are exactly the kind of coins I like to collect. image
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    What, no watermark?

Nice coins.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

<< <i>What, no watermark?

Nice coins. >>

Feel free to sell (the images of) the coins on ebay. image

BTW, how does one offer images of coins to be posted on CoinFacts? I think both of these dates could use an additional example.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nice coins. >>

BTW, how does one offer images of coins to be posted on CoinFacts? I think both of these dates could use an additional example. >>

Email Ron Guth. He will need very large images to put on the site.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nice coins. >>

BTW, how does one offer images of coins to be posted on CoinFacts? I think both of these dates could use an additional example. >>

You don't need to proactively offer the images. Once you posted the images here, they became the property of CU. Don't believe me? Read the "Terms of Membership", paragraph 4:

Subject to the Posting Rules set forth below, by submitting messages, information, data, text, files, links, artwork, photographs, software, or other materials ("Materials") to any of these Forums, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such Materials has expressly granted) us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, take excerpts from, incorporate into other works, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Materials (in whole or part), in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I really like the 1874-S. Thanks for sharing.
  • ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    RYK - loved your website.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's not dirt, that's history! >>

imageimage
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.

<< <i>RYK - loved your website. >>

Aw, shucks. image

Thanks. image
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool coins RYK and that is a cool website you have... image

ABimage
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Try as I might, I cant find anything negative to say about these coins.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I love them. The 74-S seems [longacre]excessively[/longacre] conservatively graded.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins---definitely keepers.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Excessively nice coins. A Plus, sticker, and Sniff for you. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

<< <i>Excessively nice coins. A Plus, sticker, and Sniff for you. image >>

Keep your Sniff to yourself, please. image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice... something about old gold that is really attractive... Cheers, RickO
  • it's nice to see your old stuff. image

I wish I could kick this Walker habit and get back to some good old gold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file