Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just wanted to say Howdy, Howdy

Hello,

I just wanted to hello, My name is Charles and I am an avid collector of Texas material. Texas banknotes, Texas Gov't and Republic Currency, and Texas trade tokens. I have been collection for about 10 years and hit most shows in Texas when the job allows. I purchase alot of peices from John Rowe and am an active bidder on most Heritage lots of anything having to do with Texas including civil war and other historical documents. I just recently purchased a raw 1818 1/2 Real "Jola" and am looking to hopefully expand into other area. Just wanted to say hello. Howdy.

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. May your participation be pleasant, enlightening, and fulfilling.

Russ, NCNE
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome Texas
    LCoopie = Les
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Any pics of the Jola? Not a piece usually seen around these parts, but an interesting piece nonetheless!

Oh, and Welcome image
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!! It's good to have you.
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭
    image........image.........May want to turn on your privite message link,at some point............image....Maybe, if able, to post some pictures
  • Pretty sure I turned on the private message setting, sot sure how to use it, but it is on. I will have to try and take pictures of the coin, all I have is the sellers photos, which are marked as his and I don't know if he wants me to share them as it was a private sale and the photos have his name on them, so I will take pictures with my crummy camera and post them.

edit: you can see my camera work on my icon, not the bestimage
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome & don't forget to stop by the PM Forum to say hello (that's were all the money is image)
    btw..CarolJ must be spending most of her time in the PSA SET REGISTRY FORUM... I wonder if there is an issue over there.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    YeeHaw!
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Welcome from one new guy to another.
    successful BST deals with Meltdown, Broadstruck, lordmarcovan, MisterTicToc, JINX86, BXBOY143, MBCOINS and others
  • Nice M-4 Dycorp or KBRimage
  • Geez
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...image texas token. and mrcoin3, enjoy the forums! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Tex...I mean Charles. Have some fun here!
    Lance.
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fresh Meat!! Get the pitchforks and torches!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.
    Tempus fugit.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, sir. There's a lot to learn here, and a lot of fun. But, you must have thick skin sometimes.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forums, TexasToken! I hope you find them informative and enjoyable.

The 1818 jola is one tough coin to find! Do you think any 1817's will ever be discovered?

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Texas Nationals- yep, Dyncorp- you were Xe(BW) maybe we know each other................image
    nankraut- I have really really thick skin, I appreciate the heads upimage
    RichieURich- actually there are at least 2 if not 3-4 known as rumored, I have seen one and all are in copper, most agree they are legit
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superb avatar. Looks like EoTech on the top . . . a Streamlight up front (??--too distant to tell), and a nice foregrip (MagPul??).

DPMS SASS here with a Nightforce 5.5x22 (56) in .308. A bit heavier, but I love spittin' 168g. GMM HPBT ammo out of it. The thing is 1/2 MOA all the way out to 800m.

Have fun here . . lots of info, lots of great Board members, and lots of chances to make yourself a great numismatist!!!

Drunner

(edited to allow for an idiot at the keyboard)
  • Yep, we probally know each other as I most likely drug you out of a gun battleimage The M-4 with the "Delta" marking on the grip is a dead give-a-way everytime.
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Howdy, Howdy to you too TexasToken, and welcome!!

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the team, Charles. Enjoy the ride!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Welcome aboard!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Charles... and a fellow firearms afficionado is doubly welcome.... Cheers, RickO
  • Welcome TexasToken from RobbitheOkie
    COINHUNTER
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    image and welcome to the boards.

Mike
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Theres plenty to be learned here and youll make some great friends. Best wishes
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! I know a token dealer in Austin if you're interested... he has a lot of Texas stuff. PM me and I'll give you the details...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file