Home U.S. Coin Forum

I thought the US mint (unc) set was to be released today?

LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
I hope this isn't dredging up stuff already discussed, I've been off line for a bit.

But over the holidays the mint promised me that they were going to release the US mint unc sets early in January.

Today, I check, nope!! They are scheduled for 2/8/11 now.

So, is this the direction the mint will follow this year? Over promise and under deliver? Seems like the government way, but counter to what is usually considered as a measure of success!

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This schedule

linky

said Feb. 8. Where did you see Jan. 4 anywhere?

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This schedule

linky

said Feb. 8. Where did you see Jan. 4 anywhere?

TD >>

An email which I immediately sent to the trash. It seemed to me that there were 3 releases in the first two weeks of January. Unc, PROOF and Silver PROOF sets.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01/05/2011 2010 America the Beautiful Quarters Three-Coin Set™ - Yellowstone
    01/11/2011 2011 United States Mint Proof Set®
    01/25/2011 2011 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™
    01/27/2011 America the Beautiful Quarters® Bags and Two-Roll Set - Gettysburg (PA)
    01/31/2011 2011 United States Army Commemorative Coin Program
    02/08/2011 2011 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set®

mint prduct release calendar for 2011
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax, take deep breaths, go to your happy place... all is well. image Cheers, RickO
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>01/05/2011 2010 America the Beautiful Quarters Three-Coin Set™ - Yellowstone
    01/11/2011 2011 United States Mint Proof Set®
    01/25/2011 2011 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™
    01/27/2011 America the Beautiful Quarters® Bags and Two-Roll Set - Gettysburg (PA)
    01/31/2011 2011 United States Army Commemorative Coin Program
    02/08/2011 2011 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set®

mint prduct release calendar for 2011 >>

Yes, I'm well aware of what it says now, I'm pretty sure it has changed since the email they sent at the beginning of the year.

• tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...hey tom, the e-mail you received was a special early offer JUST FOR YOU. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they delayed the release because people thought the price increases were price gouging.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>they delayed the release because people thought the price increases were price gouging. >>

I can't wait to see what the "Politburo" will have to say when the 5 oz collectors version hockey pucks come out.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file