Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Giveaway winners! BillyKingsley,1Mike1, Outhaul, kingkoins56, Wingsrule

It's my birthday, so I'll give the presents. Times are tough, so don't expect huge generosity.

I have five silver quarters here, though, which I found in change. I stopped for gas one recent morning, and the clerk at the convenience store gave me a silver quarter in my change. It was the first I've gotten from circulation in years and years! I skipped out of the store with a goofy grin on my face like I'd just won the lottery. Then, as I sat in the car examining my prize, I got a brainstorm, and went back into the store. I told the clerk what I'd found and asked if she had any more in the till that I could buy. There were four more! Oddly enough, they were all dated 1964: three were 1964-P and two were 1964-D. They were all somewhat similar in grade, being XF45 to AU50-ish coins- the Denvers being a tad nicer than the Phillies. Strange, huh? All in the same place at the same time. I wonder who spent 'em.

That was fun. Now, as some of you were kind enough to notice, I've been away from numismatics for several months, so I've been way out of touch with the price of bullion. I was thinkin' silver might still be around, oh, what, seventeen, nineteen dollars an ounce? Imagine my surprise to find it's nearly thirty bucks an ounce! That made the silver lining of my pocket change all the sweeter. Common silver Washingtons worth over five bucks apiece? Wow.

ANYWAY, since I got these in change, I'll distribute 'em as freebies, with five winners randomly selected. Each winner gets a randomly selected '64 quarter from my pocket change, and one of my personal "wooden dollars".

Just post once to enter. I'll draw five winners sometime after the New Year rolls around.

UPDATE, with winners!

BillyKingsley
1Mike1
Outhaul
kingkoins56
Wingsrule

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments