Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

UPDATE: How to liven up a boring Tuesday Night - 1970 Cello Crack here at 9:00 CST

2»

Comments

• Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Thanks a ton for sharing!!!!!

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool rip, thanks for sharing. Nothing like 40 year old pack fresh cards.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Glad to share. Not sure I nailed as many gradeable ones as last time, but I think I grabbed a few better ones and actually got some stars this time. I'll have nightmares about the Killebrew tonight though.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some real sharp cards there...all it takes is one PSA 10 or a low pop 9 to get a large part of the investment back and I see a few mint cards there. Good luck when you send them in!

Also, as John said, the correct card count for a 1970 jumbo cello (the only legit 1970 there is, btw) is 33 cards. You got a bonus card in that last pack. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Awesome rip, those are some beauties!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Bob,

Are you THAT upset about an o/c Davalillo? J/k. Too bad about the Killebrew ... Thanks for sharing. I think we ALL enjoyed the RIP.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great scans, and good HOF representation. Centering on the whole was really good. Now I know what I missed.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for Sharing!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Worth mentioning is all twelve series 2 1970 bb cellos that Fritsch submitted to PSA had that factory, crescent shaped gouge (loader mark) in the stock of the top card.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on a great rip
    There are many likely PSA 9s in that group including a couple low pops (Bosman and Josephson)
    The Carlton might also 9.
    Thanks for sharing that, real interesting
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some real sharp cards there...all it takes is one PSA 10 or a low pop 9 to get a large part of the investment back and I see a few mint cards there. Good luck when you send them in!

Also, as John said, the correct card count for a 1970 jumbo cello (the only legit 1970 there is, btw) is 33 cards. You got a bonus card in that last pack. image >>

I remember opening 5 card waxpacks as a young kid in the 1960's, and once in awhile there would be 6 cards in there.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any 10's but definitely some possible 9's. Seems to me to be a fair amount of 8.5 type cards - not bad at all.

I'll tell ya - after you saw that one corner, it took stones to bust that pack as a PSA 9 - I'd love to bust an unopened pack like that, but I think I woulda sold that one as a PSA 9. and busted some lesser grade packs because of the cost. But the results weren't bad at all and certainly a nice thrill of doing so.
  • Options
  • Options
    image good stuff
  • Options

<< <i>Hurry up and show me a 10 image >>

As you wish.....

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Final report:

This cello actually paid for itself it appears!!!!

Not a ton to get graded, but I did get 7 8's (including 2 star cards), 5 9's (including 3 low pops), and 1 10 (1 of 1)
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    What's that Manuel gonna go for?
  • Options

<< <i>What's that Manuel gonna go for? >>

Hard to say. I've seen 1 of 1's go for $200, and have seen 1 of 5's go for $400+ lately. registry be crazy....
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Congrats on the 10 image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dynamite rip & results!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did the stars grade? Which two were 8s? I assume the Robinson and Carlton.
  • Options

<< <i>How did the stars grade? Which two were 8s? I assume the Robinson and Carlton. >>

Yep; they weren't as fond of that Lefty as I was.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see any 10's............ >>

Is there anything better than stevek being wrong? I know it happens a lot, but I enjoy it the same every single time.

Congrats to bking for getting the PSA 10 that stevek said wasn't there.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Love seeing vintage 10s pulled on the board. Great job.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    A year later and the guy isnt even around anymore...

some people still have an axe to grind...

how high school...

Congrats on the grade...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...