Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

UPDATE: How to liven up a boring Tuesday Night - 1970 Cello Crack here at 9:00 CST

This baby goes under the knife. Let's hope it's as much fun (and more profitable) than my last one.

Linky
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    good luck with that

That top card looks nicely centered - hope they all are!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I wish the best, big nads my friend!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!! Looking forward to it!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • I just put some cello against my crack
  • Yeah baby! I am collecting this set and it is one of my favorites. Let's see a sharp, centered Reggie out of that thing!
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • I always felt that particular pack was the nicest looking of the twelve '70 cello packs that Fritsch received back from PSA. A nice pick up and good luck.image
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to us!! image
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Good luck!!!!!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Hope the centering stays true. I was tempted on this one, looking forward to the results. Good luck!
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOO HOO ... 10 minutes ... can't wait!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Fasten your seatbelts folks:

Hacksaw'ed
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
    Oh, and a side note here. I didn't notice it in the auction scan until now, but the left edge of Mr Klimchock has a major ding in it.

How on Earth did this pack get a 9??
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Guess they didn't notice it either, or shifting under the blade did something.
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, and a side note here. I didn't notice it in the auction scan until now, but the left edge of Mr Klimchock has a major ding in it.

How on Earth did this pack get a 9?? >>

They only grade the pack (seal, corners etc) not the actual cards

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

<< <i>Guess they didn't notice it either, or shifting under the blade did something. >>

Nah, this ding is so large it can be seen from space. Not noticeable on the cello surface.

I love a naked cello
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh, and a side note here. I didn't notice it in the auction scan until now, but the left edge of Mr Klimchock has a major ding in it.

They only grade the pack (seal, corners etc) not the actual cards >>

Fair enough. Nice how this card got so nailed without any sign on the cello itself. Color me nervous at this point. Guess the card was nailed pre-wrapping.

----------------------
    ----------------------

• thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Huge balls. Careful not to cut the foreskin (for gentiles of course).

• Hurry up and show me a 10 image
    Odd, 33 cards in this pack. There were 34 in my series 6 crack. QA is overrated....

Here's the first 9. Me likey, aside from poor Mr Klimchock.

First nine

Note: I arranged these for your viewing pleasure. Some were upside down in the cello.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>

<< <i>

They only grade the pack (seal, corners etc) not the actual cards >>

Fair enough. Nice how this card got so nailed without any sign on the cello itself. Color me nervous at this point. Guess the card was nailed pre-wrapping. >>

70's Rak packs are notorious for having that type of mark on the top cards

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    got an error can't view
  • Wow....hope for the best
    Sorry, brief pause while I fix an upload problem. The last link isn't working yet.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    server error on the link when I try to view. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Errored image
  • works

Nice robinson... Centering is off though image
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! This will be fun.
    Link fixed.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

That Pirates corner looks odd in the middle of the cello. Centering is decent except for the Brooks. Nice corners.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

<< <i>That Pirates corner looks odd in the middle of the cello. Centering is decent except for the Brooks. Nice corners. >>

Yep, that one is nailed too. Sorry to say it's not an image problem. image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>That Pirates corner looks odd in the middle of the cello. Centering is decent except for the Brooks. Nice corners. >>

Just checked - Brooks might skate by with 70/30. Might.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

Next nine. Barfvader might be getting a PWE real soon, but seems like I recognize that first guy. image

Next Nine
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Wow, 33+ in the cellos? Do the 65's and 68's have the same amount?
    BROOKS!! image
    nice set of 9 there. carlton to boot. image

that bottom row looks like a sweet set for grading.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

I'm used to 1975 centering where you get MAYBE one centered card. This pack has a ton of centered cards!
    Yep, so far so good on most of the centering. The next 9 is about half-and-half, but OMG the half that wasn't centered makes me weep.

Third Nine - what could have been
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

That Tigers card looks like a GEM.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

<< <i>That Tigers card looks like a GEM. >>

Yep, it sure does in person too. It's a pop 1 in 10, 18 in 9. A ten would be sweet...

EDIT: Won't be a 10 - centering. But still a sweet card.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• You're getting most of the star cards that you can get in this series. You just haven't been lucky with the centering on those.

I definitely see some 9's in this pack.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

And finally, fellow travelers, we come to the last 6. Again, 33 cards????

Last Six - I see a real GEM here.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>And finally, fellow travelers, we come to the last 6. Again, 33 cards???? >>

33 cards is what the green cello box and display box advertise.

That's a great O's card! Sucks about that bottom left corner though. Wow that centering! THANKS FOR SHARING THIS RIP!!
  • Nice cards, but I don't see a "10" candidate in the last group.... which card are you talking about?
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

<< <i>That's a great O's card! Sucks about that bottom left corner though. Wow that centering! THANKS FOR SHARING THIS RIP!! >>

"On closer inspection", the bottom right has a small issue too. Damn shame - that's a pop ZERO.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

<< <i>Nice cards, but I don't see a "10" candidate in the last group.... which card are you talking about? >>

I was talking about the top middle, until I actually looked at the scan instead relying on the naked eye. image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• That was a blast! Thanks for doing it. Hope you get some low pop 9's out of it if you send some of these in!
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Nice thread Bob - good luck on any you sub!