Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would you sell your prized rainbow toned coin to Ricko?

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
You know what he is going to do to it.

Just curious if you would be concerned about what would happen to your ex-coins. Would you still sell if you knew they were to be dipped, doctored, turned into jewelry etc?

Comments

• Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

If the price was right....

imageimage

• Options

<< <i>Would you still sell if you knew they were to be dipped, doctored, turned into jewelry etc? >>

Suppose you know for a fact the person you sell to won't do any of those things. How do you know he won't end up selling to someone who will? How far down the line are you willing to worry about it?
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he would be a buyer...
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Or the question could be
    Would Ricko sell his coins if he knew the new owner was planning to stick them in taco bell napkins?

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Because they are corroded coins, he would pay only melt for them.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in it to make a buck. As the saying goes.."You can't take them with you." "And money talks, bs walks." And who gives a hoot, to common date, less than $10k coins...there are thousands of them out there.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think he would be a buyer... >>

I'm thinking you're right!

But......if he did buy it, at my price, why not?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd pay for the privilege!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who say I would not buy it are correct. Next, I do not sell coins, so therefore have no concerns about future actions of buyers. Sumnom....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Well I can not do that!! PawPaul has all ready bought mine!
    <----
    <---- But I do have back and then a few others hehe

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious if you would be concerned about what would happen to your ex-coins. >>

They would be safe with this guy, I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just curious if you would be concerned about what would happen to your ex-coins. >>

They would be safe with this guy, I'm sure of it.
    image >>

Gerry Garcia has returned!
    Paul
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think he would be a buyer... >>

The premise of the thread is that he would be a buyer and at a price that would be acceptable to both parties. It is a fantasy question, not necessarily reality. Therefore would you sell it or not? Same could be said for a classic early Corvette; would you sell it to someone knowing they would use it in a demolition derby? For me unless I was desperate for the cash or wanted out of the burden of ownership [as in a rental property] , I would not sell something to someone who would not cherish it in the same way that I did/would.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file