Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Let's play a game.

except, there are no winners, because i think there is only one answer and everyone should get it.....i think.

so, please examine the scans of the card(s) below and tell me, is there anything about these two scans that would lead you to believe that this is THE EXACT SAME CARD?!?

if you are drinking, please do not participate in this contest because you might be right. image

Comments

• Options
    No....Theres a print dot in the lower right corner near the black border on
    the 2nd card but not on first
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    Bottom one looks trimmed and recoloured
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    They are not the same card, the bottom one is about 1/2 inch wider (thank you very much, I'll be here all day).

But seriously folks, they are only the same card if someone trimmed the top one to get the bottom one and . . . added the little white printing imperfection (looks like a small white dot with a plus sign through it) on the bottom right of the black border that surrounds the picture (on the bottom card).
  • Options
    The top one looks to have white stars around the sig block.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    keep it coming guys....i'd appreciate if everyone who clicks and reads would simply offer and post their opinion. thanks.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    not the same - Phil looks heavier in the 2nd one
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    looks like theres print mark on his hat too in the 2nd scan
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    On the top one, there is a tilt that has a smaller border on the left that starts thin on top and ends thicker on bottom. The other card has a tilt, top left border thicker and gets thinner at the bottom.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    yellow stars / white stars...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    ...what tedw9 said
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>On the top one, there is a tilt that has a smaller border on the left that starts thin on top and ends thicker on bottom. The other card has a tilt, top left border thicker and gets thinner at the bottom. >>

This was my observation as well.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be different and say they are the same but the top was done with a crappy all in one scanner and the bottom one with a good scanner like a V300
  • Options
    thanks Tedw9, with the readily obvious answer i was looking for....what i'm trying to figure out here, SOBER LOL, is if the picture got flipped and the borders relocated. could be. image

the top scan is the one which accompanied an eBay auction i recently won, bottom scan is the card i actually received.....now here's the fun part.

seller insists that it's the same card and we've since had an exchange regarding my insistence of this fact and my desire to return it.....i asked if this person would give me an e-mail address so i could send the scans over as proof, haven't heard back since.

anyways, i swear, i have NOT been image , and i don't need prescription glasses bigger. i think.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>yellow stars / white stars... >>

red hearts...Green clovers...yellow moons

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    despite the obvious tilt.. I like the bottom one better
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Have you filed a claim with PayPal yet?
  • Options

<< <i>despite the obvious tilt.. I like the bottom one better >>

oh man, don't even go there.

you think i should........KEEP IT? image
  • Options

<< <i>Have you filed a claim with PayPal yet? >>

i'm trying to work it out with the seller, i think that will happen eventually and i will be refunded.

oh yeah, one other thing i forgot to mention.......this person says they went to........LAW SCHOOL. image
  • Options
    you think i should........KEEP IT?

I would.. top-bottom is nicer and
    you can see more of the left to right border as well
    not to mention the dull stars on the first..
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I like the bottom card better as well
    It's brighter and presents better
    Otherwise they seem to be the same grade
  • Options
    you guys are spinnin' my beanie.

at least you're helping me build a case for the fact that they are indeed different. image
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say not the same card, for the following two main reasons:

The top card appears to be diamond cut with a tilt to the right, while the bottom card is diamond cut with a tilt to the left.

The bottom card has a fish eye at the bottom right of the black border, while the top card does not have the fish eye.

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>The bottom card has a fish eye at the bottom right of the black border, while the top card does not have the fish eye. >>

Agree.

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    I don't see how you would have to make a case that those
    2 cards are different.. all you need are eyeballs

you may need to prove the seller sent the wrong card to you.. but not that the 2 cards are different
    maybe he thinks you are trying to keep his card and return a lesser condition card?
  • Options
    yeah, i've received my invitation to return for refund, but i'm not so sure.....i smell scam.

after examining the card a little more, i can see several wrinkles across the surface of the card reverse, nothing major which penetrates to the front, but they are there just the same.....meanwhile seller has reminded me in another communication that they showed the card to a couple different dealers and they know what it's worth.....BTW, this did evolve from a me vs. seller, to the seller defending his/her position by using "we" which indicates to me that more than one person is involved.....all over 50-something freeking dollars and the card "they" are still presumably holding is a card some guy told them might be worth a couple hundred, so why send it to a lucky auction winner, when there might be a crappier one laying around.

i don't know how else to perceive this.

i don't trust "them".

i'm leaning towards just keeping the damn card and dropping a neg-bomb on a newbie seller with a ZERO feedback rating.....i thought it was worth the gamble to go after a decent looking card, but now, i just feel like revenge.
  • Options
    Good idea to keep track of what is offered for sale and what is delivered. I've caught a seller or two doing the ole switcheroo.

The cards are different no doubt about it.

Let us know how this ends up!
  • Options
    Lower left is definetely different.
    Its great to love all New York teams in all sports.
  • Options

<< <i>No....Theres a print dot in the lower right corner near the black border on
    the 2nd card but not on first >>

+1
  • Options
    just get your money back and move on.. leaving a neg for someone with no feedback isn't going to solve anything
    the will just start a new id.
    since they are new I believe paypal holds the money anyway..
    ship with a dc
  • Options

<< <i>just get your money back and move on.. leaving a neg for someone with no feedback isn't going to solve anything
    the will just start a new id.
    since they are new I believe paypal holds the money anyway..
    ship with a dc >>

too late. already alerted the masses. image

my concern was that in sending the card back i would open myself up to speculation simply because they could say i sent THEM a different card....no, this just needed to end, i've got the card.....other than the wrinkles on the back it seems ok, certainly not a dog for the price....if i have any further suspicions about this person(s) now or in the future, i'll make sure i'm not the only one who knows about it.

thanks to all for comments and advice.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom one is much larger. Did they make a jumbo sized 52 Topps? image

Shane