Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Trick or Treat!!! (giveaway) WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but can you sing?
  • Options
    dog the bounty hunter
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>but can you sing? >>

For $10 I canimage
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    thanks for the chance!image
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the opportunity and the very nice prizes.
    I will be a Ninja... full attire (even toe booties), throwing stars and sword. Will likely creep around the bushes in the front yard to scare the kids.... great fun. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance!
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options
    I will be a taxi service to the big Parade in town
    Thanks for the chance
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Sorry I couldn't supply a picture I'm the invisible man.. and I'm well you know..
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be manning the door, giving out kid treats (candy) and adult treats (Bud Lights)...

Happy Halloween !!!
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    For Halloween eve (10/30/10) I was working 10pm-8am and Halloween day (10/31/10) I will be sleeping some then going back to work again
    @10pm-8am

no fun for me this year

but thanks for the chance image
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be the dog holder for my three outside dogs, so as not to scare the kids who are trying to scare everyone else. 2 mixed St. Bernard and Giant Boxer's and a mixed border collie and Elkhound. My wife said this would not require a mask as I was quite scary enough as it is. Thanks for the contest, very generous by the way.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. Best trick or treat I have had in a long while!
    Thanks for the give-a-way's!!
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Generous of you Sir......

I will be the Grand father I am every year..... to 4 Fantastic youngins'

• Options

I went dressed as a bag guy wearing a silver mask, that my 12 year old son made me wear in a YouTube movie he made!

........and the mask sells for well below melt!!!!!!.........

......I collect old stuff......
  • Options
    My friends and I are going as the founding members of the Justice League. I am Superman. My new girlfriend is going as Wonder Woman image
  • Options
    Very neat archive. I rented a full Frankenstein costume but will have door duty most of the night.
  • Options
    drkilmerdrkilmer Posts: 166 ✭✭
    My wife will be dressed as a witch and will be handing out Liberty nickels and Indian cents, along with candy.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just handing out cavity inducing stuff tonight!

Thanks for the giveaway.
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    I'll be dressed as a worrying father since my daughter wants to go out on her own with her friend Amanda. She's 14 and growing up too fast! Thanks for the chanceimage
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LEATHERFACE !!! With a real gasoline powered chainsaw as my prop, no blade of course... image
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daddy Warbucks, with daughter as Annie of course.....saw the giveaway on bst awhile back and admired your work. Checked out your site as well, Great Paintings !
    I'm starting to get off the ground a bit doing sculpture, it's great to see a fellow artist/numismatist on this forum !
  • Options
    canadanzcanadanz Posts: 618 ✭✭
    My girlfriend and I will both be going as pirates image
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the entries, compliments and comments!

Gonna bump this thread a few times over the next few days so everyone gets a chance.

• Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I didn't dress up at all for Halloween. No trick or treaters came either. Seems like my neighborhood doesn't really go for this type of thing anymore.

Nice giveaway. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance.

I was handing out candy to the few local kids that stopped by.

BTW, Park City Development Company was disolved 11/9/1974 for failure to pay taxes!
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Thanks and great giveaway!

I was the Rogaine spokesperson!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the chance.

I was handing out candy to the few local kids that stopped by.

BTW, Park City Development Company was disolved 11/9/1974 for failure to pay taxes! >>

No kidding? I did not know that!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm scary enough as it is, at least when I look in the mirror. Fortunately, my wife doesn't think so...But if I were to dress up this year, I suppose this buffalo would have had to dress up as a Desert Bighorn sheep as that is what I spent Halloween looking for. It was spectacular as usual out in the Anza-Borrego desert this Halloween - more stars than you can imagine...

Thanks for the chance. That mining certificate presentation looks awesome!
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very generous.
    I drove my daughter around. (no one with walking distance).
    Gave away a few Ikes, along with candy, before we left. Got some funny looks.
    Thanks.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance!

My wife gave birth to our second son on October 21. We've been trying to deal with two in diapers, so no trick or treating, not fun or games... I'm just trying to grab naps when I can!
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭
    For Halloween, I manned the flashlight and held the leash on one of the dogs my wife insisted on dressing up while taking the 5 yr old, who was dressed as Optimus Prime, trick or treating.

The basset hound was dressed as a fairy with wings and tutu, the lab/chow was dressed as a skeleton.

Thanks for the opportunity.
    imageimage

• Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Billet, I'll enter.
    If I win can you send my prize to our new young member named stealer?
    Thanks

edited to add
    I was myself this year...
    scared the cr@p out of a few kidsimage
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    donthehilldonthehill Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    Like many of the others, I dressed up as a candy-giver-awayer.
    -d
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance...

For Halloween this year, all I wore was a t-shirt that read "Cheap Ass Halloween Costume" (well, I wore pants and shoes too image )

I've been busy all month running a theatre show that closed on the 30th, and had no time to think about costumes. Maybe next year....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technical difficulties...went as a Hershey's kiss. Crazy that.

Thanks for the opportunity
    Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    I was on the couch watching TV. I have lived in my house for 19 years and have never had a trick or treater. My neighborhood is not large enough for the van poolers to mess with. After the first couple of years there I quit even buying candy, I didn't need it.

Thanks for the chance,
    Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    Nice frame. Purple is a great color. Thanks for the chance! image))
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    Top for the day.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a neat giveaway item. Thanks for the chance.

For Holloween I dressed up as a police officer and walked around telling people to be goodimage
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great... I was a reasonable scientist (I never get mad) ,my daughter was a shadow, and my son went as a ghoul.
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW... Thanks for the chance!!
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    Spent Halloween at the hospital. Things OK now. Have surplus candy.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if I'am in but thanks anyways,Type2. Very nice give away. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

What a great giveaway! image

Thanks as always,
    Ray

• Options
    I like the peace dollar! Thanks for the contest. Oh and i was a pimp.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to work that night. Very generous giveaway - thank you!
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Man, I have to check the forums more often. image

That archive is one cool prize. Please enter me in the contest/giveaway. Here's my costume this year. Any guesses at what I went to the party as?

What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    Just a little while left to enter.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the kids trick or treating but did not have time to dress up myself

the girl was a princess and the boy a fireman

thanks for the chanceimage

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry